PDA

View Full Version : Assault rifle ban lifted??

quickcarl
09-16-2004, 12:35 AM
So we can all go out and purchase assault rifles now?? Great I should be able to get another one even cheaper than the other one.

Whose the presidential candidate to vote for if you are pro-guns and want to preserve our right to bear arms? We should all have the same $hit the b!tch a$$ cops get. Sorry if I don't watch TV at all(I really don't)---and have no clue about politics. Just a workin' man with cool toys.

Al
09-16-2004, 02:03 AM
As long as they perform a background check and a few other aspects of the purchaser, I can't complain too much. Besides, the really bad guys already have them.

fireguyrick
09-16-2004, 03:07 AM
I never really felt limited by the "ban." I mean it was not like I could not legally go and buy a new Assault Weapon during it. Hell, I bought a New Bushmaster AR15 2 years ago for $800, and some Hi Cap mags. The only thing that the assault weapon ban being lifted is going to really do is lower the cost of the weapons...not immediatly, as everyone and their mother that is dumb is going to rush out and get their assault weapon driving prices up for a bit. It is not like you can go out and buy a full automatic weapon. Those STILL require a federal permit and permission from the local sheriffs department, and that was how it was during the ban and before it.

Eh, politicians and the media will make everything sound like the end of the world.

Rick

BTW: When I bought my AR15 2 years ago, I got it within 1 hour of filling out the background check. So it is not like there was a real waiting period for a firearm (asside from 7 days for handguns) anyways.

GTSLOW
09-16-2004, 06:59 AM
Yep I heard about this ban that expired! All I can say is my friends got an AR15 and that thing is FAWKING awsome! It reminds me of my m16 except its like new and my m16 is a pos!

Al
09-16-2004, 04:58 PM
My only interest in any firearms is about as far from an automatic as you can go. I want a muzzle-loader. It's the nostalgia aspect that I like. The flathead has the same appeal. I'd rather take 20 minutes to fire 20 rounds than. less than 1 second.

IMO- outside of the military, all an automatic is good for is making swiss cheese out of the air. Manual is better (pun intended).

SMS 1
09-16-2004, 06:37 PM
My only interest in any firearms is about as far from an automatic as you can go. I want a muzzle-loader. It's the nostalgia aspect that I like. The flathead has the same appeal. I'd rather take 20 minutes to fire 20 rounds than. less than 1 second.

IMO- outside of the military, all an automatic is good for is making swiss cheese out of the air. Manual is better (pun intended).
Hell Ya brotha :thumbsup I've been looking for the same thing. I want an old 1800's style flintlock though none of those cheap-ass 50cal kits they make now. They just look way too much like any other shotgun/rifle.

So I suppose the SKS will make a comeback now huh?

HITMAN
09-17-2004, 03:28 PM
So we can all go out and purchase assault rifles now?? Great I should be able to get another one even cheaper than the other one.

Whose the presidential candidate to vote for if you are pro-guns and want to preserve our right to bear arms? We should all have the same $hit the b!tch a$$ cops get. Sorry if I don't watch TV at all(I really don't)---and have no clue about politics. Just a workin' man with cool toys.

Nothing much has changed. The difference between pre-ban and post-ban stuff is mostly cosmetic. Post-ban stuff couldn't have things like flash suppressors, and bayonet lugs. (I'm quite sure now that the ban has been lifted, there will now be criminal bayonetings left and right, just like before the ban was in place... :rolleyes: )

The biggest difference you will see will be in the quantity and price of high-capacity magazines. Also, you will be able to once again buy guns from manufacturers like Para-Ordinance, that offered high capacity hand-guns chambered in larger calibers like .45ACP that have REAL stopping power, not just some little candy-ass 9mm hole puncher. I look forward to building a new IPSC/bowling-pin gun based on a Para-Ordinance 14/45... :guns1

As far as Presidential candidates that are Pro-Gun/2nd Amendment friendly? Here's a hint, it isn't John F. Kerry or Ralph Nader...;)

SMS 1
09-17-2004, 04:06 PM
not just some little candy-ass 9mm hole puncher. I look forward to building a new IPSC/bowling-pin gun based on a Para-Ordinance 14/45... :guns1

:rolf No kidding.

I don't know a whole lot about this topic. Has the ban been lifted purposely or did it somewhat "quietly" expire? It's just that I haven't heard the Wisconsin area liberal talking heads bitchin about it :confused

HITMAN
09-17-2004, 05:41 PM
:rolf No kidding.

I don't know a whole lot about this topic. Has the ban been lifted purposely or did it somewhat "quietly" expire? It's just that I haven't heard the Wisconsin area liberal talking heads bitchin about it :confused

Oh they've been bitching about it, just not very adamantly. There just wasn't a thing they could do about it...;)

This bans time limit sun-set on the 13th, and it was due to our very own U.S. Representative Jim Sensenbrenner (Waukesha). He's the chairman of the House Judiciary Committee and when the re-introduced ban came into his committee, he buried it and refused to even bring it to a vote. He used a typical Democrat tactic to kill a pet Democrat bill. Oh, the irony of it all... :rolf

Even though he's not my direct Congressman, he will still be getting a check from me and a heart felt thank-you.

We must be vigilant though, as the scuttlebutt is that the gun-grabbers will try to push this through again after November's election. If Kerry gets in, the **** will hit the fan for gun owners like you wouldn't believe. Check John Kerry's Senate voting record on gun control here (http://www.vote-smart.org/voting_category.php?can_id=S0421103). He sucks, and his voting record is the proof.

Al
09-17-2004, 06:52 PM
He won't let people know what he stands for. Check this out...
http://www.vote-smart.org/npat.php?can_id=S0421103

As for the muzzle loader, I want something from the Civil War era.

SMS 1
09-18-2004, 07:03 AM
He won't let people know what he stands for. Check this out...
http://www.vote-smart.org/npat.php?can_id=S0421103

As for the muzzle loader, I want something from the Civil War era.

HELLS YAAA!!!!! Same tin bro!!!!!