PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: A quick RC car that can handle offroad

Prince Valiant
10-08-2012, 09:09 AM
I'd like to pick up an relatively inexpensive, new or used, R/C car. Requirements: Fast enough to stay away from a dog, needs to be able to handle terrain such as a well cut field/hard packed but uneven dirt.

The dog in question can run b/w 30-40mph, so if the RC car can approach 30 mph, I'd be pretty happy with that (if the dog is catching, I can simply turn the RC car...)

What suggestions do you guys have? Anything for sale? Want your own RC car chased?

GTSLOW
10-08-2012, 11:59 AM
You looking for gas or electric?

Prince Valiant
10-08-2012, 01:48 PM
electric...gas might startle/scare the dog, or harm him if he does indeed catch the thing :goof But ease of use also points me toward electric.

That said, if somone wanted to try getting their own rc car chased, I have no objections to gas...

DSMDuDE
10-09-2012, 08:24 AM
How much are you looking to spend?

Prince Valiant
10-09-2012, 08:49 AM
Given that I have no idea what the pricing is like for the given capability, I'm not sure...I mean, I'm okay with the idea of spending 200 bucks, but would hope I could find cheaper for used perhaps. Just not sure...

I mean, I am NOT looking for the highest quality units...

Basically the idea is to train the dog for lure coursing, and to me this seems like a better approach than the traditional way....

And I've always liked RC cars to boot :)

DSMDuDE
10-09-2012, 12:42 PM
I have a 4x4 Slash that i am looking to sell with lots of aftermarket upgrades, new ESC, and spare new motor. But i wouldn't be able to let it go for $200. Let me know if you're interested and we can talk.

Mudd Runner
10-09-2012, 06:25 PM
I've got a mostly stock with extras 2wd slash that I could let go for 250 pm for details.

RAZR Maxx Tapatalk'd

Reverend Cooper
10-09-2012, 08:14 PM
I have a stadium xxxnt gas powered with racing Oscar motor he won't catch it and all is covered it would be had for him to get hurt 305. With some fuel