PDA

View Full Version : Got a buck!!

73MACH
10-07-2012, 11:52 PM
I shot an 8 pointer, dressed just over 200lbs sat. night near crivitz. I had a 3 pt under me, a 4 pt 10 yards behind me, and I shot this guy at 5 yards. The damn shot was longer from my stand to the ground than from my tree out, lol. It's about damn time. I've been bowhunting for about 13 years passionately and this is only my second buck....but...to my credit, I've held a strict 8 pts or outside the ear rule on myself. I've passed up on a TON of 6's and 7's and even more forks. I always see at least 6-10 deer each time I go out, but they are normally the does or small bucks. All the mature bucks we get on camera are almost always after dark...and we got some monsters around. I have seen a few here and there but no shots.

The best part of all this, is not only was one of my stepsons up there to experience it, this weekend was the first time in 6 years of being with the wife, that she has come up with me. She was soooo happy to see me so happy. I was glad she got to see how passionate I am with something besides cars up close and personal. She even helped load it into the gator. The funny part is that she was supposed to come out to video for me, but didn't feel good(woman thing), if she would've come out, we would've sat in a different stand that we could both fit in. Weird how things work out...

spooln30
10-08-2012, 12:14 AM
Nice man, did he drop right away or did you have to track him a little. I hunt up in crivitz too and last year I didn't see any good older bucks. Maybe this is gonna be a good year for my dad and me. I also set standards when hunting. I won't shoot a younger buck. Some guys will take the younger ones with bad racks so they get better bucks in the years to come.

DurtyKurty
10-08-2012, 07:09 AM
Yes!!!! Nice one!

73MACH
10-08-2012, 02:10 PM
Nice man, did he drop right away or did you have to track him a little. I hunt up in crivitz too and last year I didn't see any good older bucks. Maybe this is gonna be a good year for my dad and me. I also set standards when hunting. I won't shoot a younger buck. Some guys will take the younger ones with bad racks so they get better bucks in the years to come.

He made it about 50 yards. Put the arrow dead nuts in the middle of the heart which I was really suprised about with the angle.

73MACH
10-08-2012, 02:10 PM
Yes!!!! Nice one!

He will make a few venison sticks.....

smokin'red35th
10-08-2012, 04:32 PM
congrats!!!

73MACH
10-08-2012, 09:20 PM
Thanks!

pOrk
10-09-2012, 06:49 AM
I would be impressed if you ran him down on foot and killed him with your barehands but I guess an arrow is ok too :)

Josepy
10-09-2012, 08:34 AM
Very nice. I am on a quest to get my buck. I have 6 out where I go but there just not getting close enough.

DirtyMax
10-28-2012, 08:04 AM
Congrats on the buck!

Wagonbacker9
10-28-2012, 11:01 AM
Apparently bow season in that area is great this year. My fiance's dad has land in Amberg and he bagged an 8 pt as well.

73MACH
10-28-2012, 11:17 AM
Nice, there's alot of sign around now i guess. Just talked to a buddy thats a farmer, he says hes seeing alot of rubs and alot of movement late morn. and early eve. this past week. The cooler temps. are getting them up and moving.