PDA

View Full Version : KOTS tomorrow, is it worth going to GLD ?

awsomeears
10-05-2012, 07:05 PM
Dad asked me to check out whats going on at GLD, I see KOTS is happening and I'm wondering if its worth going to ?

Anyone know if its a big deal or just a bunch of 14 second honda's ?

Neal Steffek
10-05-2012, 07:28 PM
One thing I learned years ago, if it's at GLD, it is going to suck.

twicks69
10-05-2012, 08:43 PM
KOTS is most definitely NOT slow cars. Go on chitownracing.com for details.

Tim Zimmer - TMZ Performance
Sent from Evo Phone via Tapatalk2

bikedad
10-05-2012, 08:57 PM
You'll see some wild racing at KOTS. Lots of juiced and huffed Mustangs and F-Bodies with street rules.

noeggs4u
10-06-2012, 07:55 AM
Went to the spring KOTS saw some wild racing. Will be down there today.

Mudd Runner
10-06-2012, 08:04 AM
Heading down today as well.

noeggs4u
10-06-2012, 08:49 AM
I think there are some other people from here that are going.

STANMAN
10-06-2012, 01:07 PM
On Facebook there is a promotional poster that made me LOL. King Of the Streets was the title, then right beneath it "Straight off the trailer", irony makes me laugh.

Flicktitty
10-08-2012, 09:20 AM
Was a good event, pretty damn cold being there all day but it's a need to see event.

Bob - The "straight off the trailer" is true, Unprepped no test times. first run is an elimination run.

Crawlin
10-08-2012, 12:04 PM
While I understand what you are getting at with the irony of that statement... it has nothing to do with street cars. Its just trying to get some of the street racing off the street. Luckily this event wasnt run on the street as two big crashes went down. Coulda taken out people lining the wall if it was on a street and no concrete barriers.

JOHN 86GT
10-08-2012, 06:38 PM
Are these events "clocks off" ? I like to know what a car runs.

Flicktitty
10-08-2012, 07:52 PM
3 crashes. the C3 Vette crashed later that night in Grudge racing.

Yes these are clocks off events. Figure SR cars are in the high 7 second to low 8. Jr's are High 8s (so i've been pondering.)

forcefedss
10-12-2012, 12:33 AM
3 crashes. the C3 Vette crashed later that night in Grudge racing.

Yes these are clocks off events. Figure SR cars are in the high 7 second to low 8. Jr's are High 8s (so i've been pondering.)

Ya that sucked about that 79 vette.

Def worth attending IMO. There are reasons why clocks are off. Hell no one popped there hoods during tech for jrs

Sucks I didn't shoot the shit with ya more nick. Did you see when Tommy went to stage some newb camera guy stepped in the beam? Asshole

JOHN 86GT
10-12-2012, 04:53 AM
I'd rather see what a car runs , but I guess there is always the option of bringing a stopwatch.

Irish
10-12-2012, 07:22 AM
some newb camera guy stepped in the beam? Asshole

I'm sure it was an accident. Not the end of the world.

jbiscuit
10-12-2012, 07:49 AM
Every iPhone has a stop watch feature. Not too hard to get a decent ballpark of where a car is ETing

wheelsofsteel
10-12-2012, 08:28 AM
That's all just part of the whole deal, is that it's legit street race/grudge cars. Thus why they don't allow any "class" cars to enter. Class meaning any car that has run a class and/or series because of the publicly posted times on that particular car. Takes away from the mystery of the concept that they promote.
Definitely worth checking out. I get that times are not shown and I agree that would rather know what cars run. But with this it's not a matter of ET as it is more of the challenge of getting A-B before your opponent in "sketchy" conditions, as in real street type surface.

I was most intriqued by BoostedGT (yellow SN95) from Texas. Arguably one of the most notorious street/grudge cars out there. Never the less to my surprise it got drug and loaded up 1st round.
Much credit and respect to the winner, Boost12. That car was on a rail and flat out Buck Nasty !!!

forcefedss
10-12-2012, 04:05 PM
Or roscoe driving the shit out of his Camaro in the jr class. Out of the grove and two feet from the wall. Now that's some driving.

noeggs4u
10-13-2012, 01:17 PM
Plus another neat thing is if you want to spend a extra 20 bucks to be closer to the action it is worth it. IMO.We stood next to the wall just down from the starting line.Talk about a holy shit experience.

forcefedss
10-13-2012, 01:45 PM
Plus another neat thing is if you want to spend a extra 20 bucks to be closer to the action it is worth it. IMO.We stood next to the wall just down from the starting line.Talk about a holy shit experience.

Ya. But at the starting line it was over crowded. I believe the starting line should be crew members only. But it's whatever. Most of the ppl up there would move or let me walk through when one of our IQC cars were getting ready.