PDA

View Full Version : Where to shoot rifle???

Slow5oh
09-27-2012, 05:55 PM
Located in Waukesha county.

I've been trying to find a decent place to shoot since I moved here. I finally went to check out McMillers today only to find it completely packed. So I went to another place to learn that it's shotgun only. Not really a fan of indoors but if I can shoot the AR there then I really don't care any more.

Where do ya'll shoot around here?

Rocket Power
09-27-2012, 06:16 PM
The only other one I ever went to was in bristol once, and I never went back. It was single load only,not even no rapid fire, but only 1 round in the gun at a time. Ghey.

Slow5oh
09-27-2012, 06:39 PM
This is why I hate gun ranges, but what I hate even more a busy range. I was told last Sunday at Mcmillers they had people waiting at the gates at 8:30 and they aren't even open yet.

I'm almost to the point of asking random farmers if I can shoot on their land.

73MACH
09-27-2012, 06:49 PM
Check out Daniel Boone Sportsmans club. I know they are open to the public right before the gun season, and I believe the range is open to the public. Only problem is it's by Friess lake in Richfield which is probably a
30-45 min. from big bend. Hope this helps.

Slow5oh
09-27-2012, 07:21 PM
Thanks boone is generally a members only, and the one time I did go there it wasn't a good experience.

I checked out Boxhorn but I also found it was shotgun only

I'm going to try and check out Schultz rod and gun club. I'm trying to find somewhere I don't have to become a member because it wouldn't pay for it's self as I don't shoot rifle that often.

smokin'red35th
09-27-2012, 08:11 PM
single shot only? I've never heard of such a thing. Sounds like a range run by gun fearing hippies. I would get to know a farmer and get permission from him. better yet, ask around on a local gun board and see if any members on there have land you can shoot on. Off the top of my head, www.ar15.com has a wisconsin hometown forum, as well as opencarry.org

smokin'red35th
09-27-2012, 08:12 PM
it may be a while before the local wisconsin population learns that guns arent bad and are more than just for hunting.

Slow5oh
09-27-2012, 08:29 PM
Yeah. I think I might try and find a farm, it'd be the easiest. Might have leads on one hopefully I'll find out soonish.

Silver350
09-28-2012, 07:40 AM
I have always gone to McMillers. For me it is a drive however I guess I got lucky because when ever I went there I got on a range right away, But always noticed a short line once I was shooting. I too would like to know of another outdoor range. Something closer but all that I know of you have to join a club, and for someone like me who shoots once a month I really don't want to pay for a membership.

That_Guy
09-28-2012, 08:22 AM
Thanks boone is generally a members only, and the one time I did go there it wasn't a good experience.

I checked out Boxhorn but I also found it was shotgun only

I'm going to try and check out Schultz rod and gun club. I'm trying to find somewhere I don't have to become a member because it wouldn't pay for it's self as I don't shoot rifle that often.

Stone bank gun club as a freaking sweet place. I would check them out. There are members with class 3 stuff and they are always on the range. I intend of getting a membership there in spring. They do open range days here and there.

WI_Dave
09-28-2012, 11:56 AM
The old badger now brew city has a rifle range, no rapid fire or .50bmg

I am not endorsing this place just know they have a rifle range

Down here I go to McMillers otherwise I go to a pit up north then I can rapid fire or anything else I want.

Slow5oh
09-28-2012, 04:10 PM
I was able to get into McMillers today, it's a nice place.

BR3W CITY
09-29-2012, 01:06 AM
I'm pretty sure all the indoors that allow rifle make you use frangible ammo now. At least I know badger did when it was still called that. I put 2 clips of .223 fmj through the back wall there....they werent thrilled.

Russ Jerome
10-05-2012, 10:49 PM
Isnt there a place down by Wind lake or somewhere SE of 43, forgeting name offhand.
A short drive East of you anywhere East of 76th st there is shooting most any night in Barrets hood.