PDA

View Full Version : Snowmobile trailers - recommendations and places to purchase

GinoRin
09-27-2012, 09:25 AM
I know a few of you are into snowmobiling, and thought I'd ask your opinion- I just bought a sled, and now need to buy a trailer. Do you prefer a drive-on drive-off style or a tilt bed? Is there a particular brand better than another? I've been looking at just buying a new Triton as I've had good luck with their PWC trailers, but open to other brands if there are better ones out there. I can't seem to find many used double trailers in nice shape right now so I'll likely just end up buying new. Anyone have any favorite dealers to recommend?

By the way, since I know the question will come up, I bought a 2007 Polaris FST IQ LX 750cc 4-stroke Turbo. I might be looking for one more as well, so likely going to buy a two place trailer.

Thanks in advance!

outlawgibbs
09-27-2012, 10:03 AM
If you're gonna go new pick up a Triton drive on-off. Unless you have reverse its so much easier to move a ramp and drive off then to pull it backwards and then spin it.

I had a sledbed that was nice except the bolt that tilts it froze up and snapped so if you do get a tilt pull that bolt and replace it with stainless or antiseeze the crap out of it so you don't have to deal with what I had to go thru

JC70SS
09-27-2012, 03:10 PM
go to the sled show at State Fair Park in October Triton will be there great deals.

03Mach1
09-27-2012, 09:31 PM
I would recommend the Triton drive on/off with the clamshell style enclosure. Don't know if you want an open or enclosed? Also, go with a 12ft trailer, as alot of the newer crossover and long track sleds will not fit on a 10ft with an enclosure. Plus the extra space is a good place to put your other gear if the trailer is enclosed. They will have all of these at the snow show the weekend of Oct. 12th. Check it out.

GRNDNL
09-28-2012, 09:50 AM
B&B in Hartford.

I paid $1200 for a older enclosed 10ft trailer a few years ago, they're out there just need to keep looking.

outlawgibbs
09-28-2012, 09:57 AM
I would recommend the Triton drive on/off with the clamshell style enclosure. Don't know if you want an open or enclosed? Also, go with a 12ft trailer, as alot of the newer crossover and long track sleds will not fit on a 10ft with an enclosure. Plus the extra space is a good place to put your other gear if the trailer is enclosed. They will have all of these at the snow show the weekend of Oct. 12th. Check it out.
I thought it was the weekend of the 20th?

GinoRin
09-28-2012, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the tips guys! I might try to hold out on purchasing until the show if I find one to borrow to pick up my sled. I'm guessing this show would be a good place to buy a jacket and helmet too, eh? Hope we see some snow this year!

Also, are there any good websites you can recommend to buy gear?? Thanks!

outlawgibbs
09-28-2012, 01:21 PM
The show has some great deals on gear. I picked up my castle pants last year for $110. My jacket I bought off eBay. Best gear I've ever owned. Probably gonna buy a flip-up helmet this year at the show

JC70SS
09-29-2012, 07:23 AM
So do tell..what sled did you buy so I can start my critique?

GinoRin
09-29-2012, 04:52 PM
So do tell..what sled did you buy so I can start my critique?

2007 Polaris FST Four Stroke Turbo EFI 750 IQ LX

What are the good snowmobile forums? Any local ones?

Cryptic
09-29-2012, 05:07 PM
Enclosed definitely. Keep the salt off your sled.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Jsho13
09-29-2012, 05:07 PM
hardcoresledder.com

I am a fan of Floe trailers, but triton are good as well. Best bet would be go to the snow show at state fair and look closely at each brand.

03Mach1
09-29-2012, 06:52 PM
I thought it was the weekend of the 20th?

Just double checked in one of my mags and it says Oct. 12-14.

03Mach1
09-29-2012, 06:58 PM
Also, are there any good websites you can recommend to buy gear?? Thanks![/QUOTE]

Shadetreepowersports.com is one place you can check out. What I would do is go to the snow show on Friday night and head directly to Kens Sports booth. He is out of Kaukauna Wi. Has a ton of jackets and bibs and is a poo dealer so has polaris clothing. Usually good deals and alot of people head there first, so get there early before picked over.

GinoRin
10-04-2012, 12:13 PM
B&B in Hartford.

I paid $1200 for a older enclosed 10ft trailer a few years ago, they're out there just need to keep looking.

Thanks Keith - I just ordered a new 11ft Triton Elite Enclosed from B&B - really good prices and very knowledgable.