PDA

View Full Version : Advice for going up north

loud91rs
09-04-2012, 09:55 PM
Well I know this should technically be in the riders forum but I don't know if many people go in there anymore so I am posting here. Please move if necessary.

This weekend I am loading up the bikes and heading to tomahawk. My wide and I wanna do some riding and relaxing. Any of you know of any good areas up there to ride? I am looking for cool scenery and hopefully twisties. Any advice is very much appreciated. Figured some of you snowmobiles know what's up from driving up there, and I think badass88gt is from Wausau?

WI_Dave
09-05-2012, 06:59 AM
We went for the fall ride last year and my buddy who lives there, took us down hywy 107 (I think), It follows the winds of the river to Merril. Pretty much lots of nice roads out in the country there but I liked that one.

MY FYN 79
09-05-2012, 10:23 AM
We have a cabin in Harrison, which is just down the road from Tomahawk. Spent a lot of time up there as a kid.

A lot of roads up there are full of scenery. About the best one that comes to mind in that area would be if you headed east out of Tomahawk for a bunch of miles on D. Go straight at the stop sign and the road turns into B. From there you have a good few miles of major twisty roads with tons of lakes and scenery to check out. Feel it out before you go balls to the walls though. Might wish you had your swimming trunks on otherwise. :D

loud91rs
09-05-2012, 10:46 AM
Thanks guys! Keep em coming. This is sounding like it will be a fun trip.

Slow5oh
09-05-2012, 12:30 PM
Keep referring to her as "wide" and you might be going alone lol

loud91rs
09-05-2012, 01:04 PM
Haha damn iPhone with big fingers.

MY FYN 79
09-14-2012, 08:48 AM
How'd it go??

loud91rs
09-14-2012, 10:21 AM
It was some of the best street riding I have ever done. We went up through st Germaine, star lake, boulder junction, etc. lots of curves and a nice speed limit. We are going to be doing this much more often. I can give you the route we took if you would like.

blackmage
09-14-2012, 10:41 AM
Welcome to my neck of the woods haha. fall Ride is this weekend up here as well.

http://www.tomahawkfallride.com/