PDA

View Full Version : Another theft incident....Storage units... West Bend/Jackson area

Brian98GTP
09-03-2012, 11:26 PM
Apparently, some time last night (Sunday) somebody cut the locks off all the storage units at Hwy NN & Jackson Drive and went 'shopping'.
One of them was my brothers' unit. I went over to the storage unit this afternoon and looked around for him while he was asking me questions over the phone (he wasn't able to make it there today).
So far, he knows he's missing his compound bow/hard case... new vexilar fish finder... new gas powered ice auger...VERY high end paintball gun... and some nice fishing poles. He'll head over there tomorrow to see what else is missing. Those were the things he knew were right in the front part of the unit.
He's pretty pissed because all he does is hunt/fish, and those were some of his key items. He had a whole pile of firearms that he had there for awhile, too... which were just moved out of there about a month ago. So if there's anything to be happy about, he has that. :alcoholic
And no... he didn't have renters insurance either :chair:

I know its a long shot, but we'd both appreciate it if you kept your eyes/ears open for somebody trying to sell the items listed above.
I'll get some more info out of him regarding the items that were taken...as in, model numbers and brand names, and whatever else was stolen. I'm sure he'll be watching CL and Ebay religiously for the next couple months....but it can't hurt to spread the word around either.

Thanks in advance!!

Brian

awsomeears
09-04-2012, 08:09 AM
That sucks, renters insurance is Cheap to, why people don't get it is beyond me, knowing all that expensive stuff is in one place ????

With that many locker broken into you'd think a camera caught something ?

Brian98GTP
09-04-2012, 11:15 AM
This is only a 20-ish? unit storage facility that doesn't have cameras. Insurance IS pretty cheap. I think he's just too damn lazy/cheap to pay it, which is biting him in the ass now. 90% of the shit in his storage unit is garbage....so why he even hoards the shit he does, is beyond me!

UnderPSI
09-04-2012, 03:33 PM
We encourage everyone to get renters ins. by us. We also require everyone have a disc lock. It does help to that I live on the same property as my storage company and we are all armed lol

Waver
09-04-2012, 06:49 PM
It is unfortunate that this happened to your brother. I would look at a place that sells that kind of product. Do bows have id numbers?

CarrotTop
09-06-2012, 07:06 PM
What type of paintball marker? I can give a heads up to the local fields around here to keep an eye out. Any pics/scuffs/marks/serial numbers/color/upgrades would help.

Friends will bunch of the field owners around the area.

GTSLOW
09-06-2012, 07:50 PM
Sucks to hear!!!!!!! Also brand names and anything unique about them would help a lot. You could search on CL and find 500 of each right now.

jakedrew
09-06-2012, 09:21 PM
That sucks.

What model is the vexilar fish finder? I can keep a eye on craigslist as I search the sporting good stuff here and there.

flyin_blue_egg
09-07-2012, 11:47 AM
I'm in the paintball scene and will try and keep an eye out for any guns being sold cheap. Any idea what kind of "high end" gun we're talking about. Milsig, BT etc....????