PDA

View Full Version : What should I do???

SMS 1
09-14-2004, 07:43 PM
Quick version . . .

I get the feeling the department I am in has it's days numbered. I need to find a different dept. to get into before that happens or I will be out for good. The only thing I can find that would be remotely worth it is 3rd shift (but slightly more money)

Do I stay on 1st and chance it or get out before the storm hits?

Yooformula
09-14-2004, 08:15 PM
If you know for a fact that its coming and nobody else knows yet....I would jump ship HARD NOW! That way when the dust settles, you arent exactly the last new guy that got transfered.

SMS 1
09-14-2004, 08:37 PM
Thats true. Good point.

Although I can also say that I would almost definately be the ONLY one from the department with the ability to do anything else there (idiots in my department, so bad I don't like being associated with them and I believe a big reason why its going to be cut) I should also note just for the record, that I have never worked those hours (10pm-6am) and may not adjust AT ALL + I would only get to see my wife for about 1.5hrs a day tops. Also I would only be getting this job based on people I know basically, not any form of experience, but I learn extremely fast so it probably wouldn't be a problem that way.

Al
09-14-2004, 09:57 PM
Third shift sucks. Your internal clock gets messed up and the weekends are weird when your friends are all sleeping while you are waking up. You will also not be able to go to McD's for brekfast because they will be serving dinner as you wake up.

Start looking for another job. Only bail out if you have another job.

SSmike1
09-15-2004, 06:32 AM
3rd shift sucks.
but
it is better than looking for a job!
and
you can always post back to 1st later.

i hated 3rd shift when i was on it.
but was very happy to have a job!

SMS 1
09-15-2004, 08:36 PM
When I went to talk to the manager of that department today even he had a "little comment" about the fate of where I am now. Makes me think I may already be jumping too late? At least I got my papers in just in case.

Pig Pen
09-15-2004, 08:40 PM
I love 3rd shift, but I HATED working 2nd.

Bad-TSi
09-17-2004, 08:40 PM
I love 3rd shift, but I HATED working 2nd.
Yeah, 2nd really blows.

Al
09-17-2004, 08:43 PM
true, you miss the best part of the day.