PDA

View Full Version : Megasquirt help!

hotshift13
08-17-2012, 07:37 PM
Anybody out there have any experience with megasquirt? I put ms in my 78 Z turbo car. it runs ok, just rich. I'm using tuner studio, I seem to be missing a piece of the puzzle when it comes to making maps, I can't seem to! Made one and its kinda shitty. Anybody give me some pointers? Thanks, by the way its ms v1 3.0 fuel only!

srt4eh
08-17-2012, 08:48 PM
Did you buy the full version of TunerStudio? If so...you can run the autotune function and get yourself in the ballpark and then tweak from there.

Just in case you were curious...I run full standalone on a MS2 in my 98 Neon R/T.

WhatsADSM
08-18-2012, 12:42 AM
You have a wideband correct?

BR3W CITY
08-18-2012, 12:37 PM
megasquirt was my old girlfriends nickname.

sorry I had to.

hotshift13
08-18-2012, 05:58 PM
Yeah I bought the whole tuner studio. I have a innovative lm1 wide band reader. I havn't used it yet tho! I was wondering how long it would take for this to turn to a dirty joke!:devil!

srt4eh
08-18-2012, 06:19 PM
Wire the LM1 into the Megasquirt...go under VE Analyze Live and set your target A/F's and let auto-tune take care of the rest.

WhatsADSM
08-18-2012, 07:36 PM
You need to get the lm1 installed. And preferably wire it into the megasquirt.

You can use the auto tune stuff and it should deal well with all the partial throttle stuff

hotshift13
08-19-2012, 11:32 AM
Alright, I will get the lm1 wired into the ms system. One other question when I go to make a VE map? When I fill in hp and torks it gives me a map of blue 32's, What I mean Is the 8x8 map is all blue and the cells are reading 32. cant figure it out. Thank again guys!

WhatsADSM
08-19-2012, 01:28 PM
Just being honest here...

There are manuals online and I'm sure some tutorials for megasquirt.

Otherwise, have you thought of paying someone to tune this for you?

hotshift13
08-19-2012, 06:17 PM
Have any suggestions? I looked on you tube, i'm finding it to be confusing. I'd like to pay someone to tune it but I can't afford to do it now. Just wanted to get the can running "good" Wanna tune it for me? Or at least teach me? I like the system butneed advice

WhatsADSM
08-19-2012, 07:38 PM
Its tough since it requires a little lot of background on engine theory, control, various sensor inputs, and of course experience. EFI tuning ( even just fuel) isn't something you can just pick up in a day and be truly good at.

In fact the opposite is true. Its a whole lot easier to screw something up if you don't know what you are doing.

So my honest suggestion is if you have the cash bring it to someone experienced. Otherwise you will need to start from the ground up learning about efi. I *think* some of the local large book stores (Barnes and nobles) will have an efi basics type of book that will at least explain the basics of engine management and how it works. Best to start with a good foundation before trying to tune something on your own.

Does the car start and run at this point ?

srt4eh
08-19-2012, 11:15 PM
My buddy Erick is pretty much the king of megasquirt for the neon community. I'm sure he can help you out...perhaps even fully tune your car. He's in northern IL but can also tune it remotely. erick@aspturbo.com - tell him Eddie sent ya ;)