PDA

View Full Version : Weird Carfax

03CVLX
08-11-2012, 08:58 AM
Anyone ever seen a carfax like this before. There is absolutely ZERO history on it until the day it hit Wilde Toyotas lot?? No mileage history, not even an entry when it was sold new?

http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?partner=DLR_3&vin=1GCEK14T322160379&zipCode=

michelle
08-11-2012, 10:28 AM
Are you sure on the VIN? I am not getting it to run through on autocheck.

Nickerz
08-11-2012, 11:48 AM
Are you sure on the VIN? I am not getting it to run through on autocheck.

2002 CHEVROLET SILVERADO 1500 V8-323ci 5.3L sound right?

That is weird though. I'm wondering if they just transcribed the VIN wrong. Or even worse there was something up with the car and someone who knows how to manipulate VINs found an unused permutation. I would check the VIN in a couple areas besides the door jamb and front windshield. They more than likely just transcribed one of the digits down wrong and still got a VIN that decodes, but isn't actually a real VIN. Carfax probably didn't find a match on a manufacturer build list or any other data but granted it since it does properly decode.

This VIN also fails on the check digit. So again, I'm guessing they missed something when transcribing it.

03CVLX
08-11-2012, 12:05 PM
Honestly, I haven't gone and physically looked at the truck yet. I pulled the carfax off the Wilde Toyota site where they offer it for free. I wouldn't be surprised if the vin is wrong. There is just too little information for this to be accurate.

Also ran across another car or two on their site that did the same thing. Its almost gotta be something Wilde is doing I think.

http://www.wildetoyota.com/used/Chevrolet/2002-Chevrolet-C/K1500-d39ebe070a0d048e00d2479d67822e1e.htm

03CVLX
08-11-2012, 12:16 PM
Ok, went on autotrader and through process of elimination I figured out there screw up. Vin was wrong. Even the mileage matches exactly.

Correct Vin
1GCEK14T32Z160379

michelle
08-11-2012, 12:16 PM
http://www.lincolndealer.com/CPO/AutoCheck?PaCode=07934&VIN=1GCEK14T32Z160379

03CVLX
08-11-2012, 12:25 PM
Thanks, Michelle. It appears to be a nice clean truck now that the Vin is right. Time to go see it up close.

easytoremember
08-14-2012, 10:58 PM
there's a few things strange on the truck.. it's been aging on their lot 60 days... why haven't they taken it to auction at that point? Wilde does too much volume to let a vehicle sit that long imo.

Also, they're selling it at what I think it would get at auction in straight condition.

So if they could get what they're asking for by bringing it to auction, then why aren't they and instead letting it sit for 60 days?

Looks nice besides some door seam rust in the one pic. I'd look closely at the door seam rust on all doors, and the seams on the tailgate between the bed and the bottom of the gate rust a lot.

gl with the truck!

03CVLX
08-15-2012, 01:01 PM
there's a few things strange on the truck.. it's been aging on their lot 60 days... why haven't they taken it to auction at that point? Wilde does too much volume to let a vehicle sit that long imo.

Also, they're selling it at what I think it would get at auction in straight condition.

So if they could get what they're asking for by bringing it to auction, then why aren't they and instead letting it sit for 60 days?

Looks nice besides some door seam rust in the one pic. I'd look closely at the door seam rust on all doors, and the seams on the tailgate between the bed and the bottom of the gate rust a lot.

gl with the truck!

I have decided against it. I'm gonna hold out for an extended cab at minimum. Your pretty much right about the price, It is the cheapest one in 75 miles by THOUSANDS.. If I could make a standard cab work, I'd be all over it.