PDA

View Full Version : DJ Controllers

Korndogg
08-09-2012, 10:59 PM
Does anyone here DJ and use a controller or at least know whats decent these days? I miss mixing and I want to get one so I can get back in to it again and have some fun. I'm looking in the under $500 range. I would love some of the bigger/better controllers but it just isn't in the budget right now. I've been out of the loop for a long time when it comes to equipment so I figured I would ask for some personal opinions rather than ratings on best buy, etc....

Neal Steffek
08-10-2012, 04:12 AM
All the DJ's at my work seem to use Pioneer's.

BR3W CITY
08-10-2012, 11:10 AM
I guess it depends, but Pioneer seems to be the go-to. Numark makes them also, but honestly the only people I see that run a Numark also run the Numark tables....so I guess thats just brand loyalty

Fwiw, both people I know that actually play gigs prefer Pioneer stuff. I'm guessing its the easiest to find, easiest to find used, and easiest to get service/repair at normal places like guitar center.

Korndogg
08-10-2012, 11:16 AM
Some other guys said to go with the Hercules DJ RMX. I might go that route. Then since it's cheaper I could get a Akai APC or something like that later on.

The pioneer units look nice but they are also pricey..

nismodave
08-10-2012, 04:59 PM
Contact Todd Z.