PDA

View Full Version : Sikh Temple Shooting

Korndogg
08-05-2012, 12:43 PM
http://oakcreek.patch.com/articles/several-people-reported-shot-at-sikh-temple

Happened a little bit ago. It's still going on and CNN is covering it right now.

It is literally a couple hundred feet behind my grandma's house.

VroomPshhTsi
08-05-2012, 12:59 PM
Live feed: http://livewire.wisn.com/Event/Oak_Creek_Temple_Shooting

-stew-
08-05-2012, 02:16 PM
There is too much crime in Milwaukee, that's why I live in the suburbs.

Oh wait...

noeggs4u
08-05-2012, 02:21 PM
Very sad day.

Crawlin
08-05-2012, 04:35 PM
There is too much crime in Milwaukee, that's why I live in the suburbs.

Oh wait...

Yep, cause there is just as much crime in the suburbs as there is the inner city of Milwaukee

http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Milwaukee-Wisconsin.html

Such a sad thing to see happen. Can't wait to hear the continuation of the anti gun people on this one

Irish
08-05-2012, 05:33 PM
Where'd my post go???

Feature Pony
08-05-2012, 09:26 PM
my friends dad lives right by there. there was a guy that was shot in his side at the temple, and he collapsed on his driveway this morning. Crazy stuff!!!

WhatsADSM
08-05-2012, 09:37 PM
Truly sad :(
I want to hear more about why someone would do this.

jbiscuit
08-05-2012, 09:45 PM
really a sad day for all the families. These shootings seem to be happening more frequently. Such a scary time we live in. I think there is much much more to this story. Multiple gunmen etc which makes this even more scary. Thank you to the many communities that have officers, tactical units, EMS etc on the scene and involved in this terrible situation.

GTSLOW
08-05-2012, 09:53 PM
^ I haven't heard anything about multiple gunmen?

Prince Valiant
08-05-2012, 10:02 PM
First first first and first...horrendous day for all involved. Because of the patient population I used to work with, it seemed I knew a lot of Sikhs, every one of them very kind. Given the proximity of where I worked and this, I hope none of the individuals I worked with suffered personal loss, though I am sure they are mourning friends, even close friends, even at best.

Second, I'm very intrigued as to what will begin to surface as a motive? An idiot that doesn't know sikh from muslim? I mean, not that it is any more excusable or less horrific were this a mosque...but what causes a 30/40-something y/o white guy to go after sikh's? Obviously the act proves derangement in and of itself...but a sikh temple? Even were it a racist loser, I would think there are minorities that would piss such an individual off even more so than Indian Sikh's...was this someone who blamed them for failure to get a job or maintain a business (such as, hate to say it, cab driver...stereotyping, true, but probably 30% of the individuals I worked with were in fact cabbies).

Lastly, i hope this doesn't lead to more handwringing about guns...it usually takes the focus of the issues away from the true problems like the failure of the current psych-care system and lax attitudes and toward committing those whom are insane and potentially dangerous (as well as laws that work against it).

Where'd my post go???I think one of the admin's thought it WAS too soon.

Prince Valiant
08-05-2012, 10:04 PM
^ I haven't heard anything about multiple gunmen?that was from the earliest reports...though later reports have it that the pd think it's only one gunman now (though, again, that could change).

-stew-
08-05-2012, 10:29 PM
I have a fucked up world perspective, bit I think the politicians and celebrities dancing on graves after events like this, Colorado ; ect is sadder than the loss of life. Hundreds if not thousands of People get shot, stabbed, killed, raped, in America on a daily basis and you don't hear shit. But an event like this, and all the roaches come out to feed. If seven soldiers got killed today in Iraq it would have been a thirteen second soundbite on the news. To me, that's the tragedy...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

OxmanWI
08-05-2012, 10:54 PM
My wife's co-worker's father in law was one of the dead. Really sad.

PureSound15
08-05-2012, 11:31 PM
if seven soldiers got killed today in Iraq it would have been a thirteen second soundbite on the news. To me, that's the tragedy...

Apples to oranges, IMHO. If you go into the service and die, it's a tragedy but also an expected risk.

Nobody in Oak Creek would have ever considered it to be a risk to go to a religious service.

Bad guys v America is horrible, Americans vs Americans is devastating.

Z28Envy
08-05-2012, 11:58 PM
Here is a link to the thread on radioreference.com that has the scanner feed archive from today if anyone wants to listen to it unfold. The link is in the second post and you can read the description and when it starts in the post.

http://forums.radioreference.com/wisconsin-breaking-news-incidents/246088-oak-creek-church-shooting.html

This was hard to listen too for me. I had a very close friend that was an officer who was shot in the head responding to a domestic this last December.

brotherbenn83
08-06-2012, 08:37 AM
Here is a link to the thread on radioreference.com that has the scanner feed archive from today if anyone wants to listen to it unfold. The link is in the second post and you can read the description and when it starts in the post.

http://forums.radioreference.com/wisconsin-breaking-news-incidents/246088-oak-creek-church-shooting.html

This was hard to listen too for me. I had a very close friend that was an officer who was shot in the head responding to a domestic this last December.

having lost two close people to suicide, I find your avatar horribly tasteless

HITMAN
08-06-2012, 08:59 AM
I have a fucked up world perspective, bit I think the politicians and celebrities dancing on graves after events like this, Colorado ; ect is sadder than the loss of life. Hundreds if not thousands of People get shot, stabbed, killed, raped, in America on a daily basis and you don't hear shit. But an event like this, and all the roaches come out to feed... To me, that's the tragedy...

I agree.

Irish
08-06-2012, 09:11 AM

So have I. I don't see an issue with it. Shit happens.

Suicide is for cowards unless, you "jump in front of a bullet" to save someone's life.

Z28Envy
08-06-2012, 01:18 PM

I lost my uncle to suicide....If you don't like it I don't give a fuck!

EvolvedRegal
08-06-2012, 04:35 PM
^ I haven't heard anything about multiple gunmen?

Getting late into the conversation. But there were reports over the police band of multiple shooters. My house is literally 500ft from the temple. There were lots of police, SWAT all over the place all day. Got interviewed by a Falls officer since they brought in PDs from all over to help out.

For the first few hours I couldn't leave my subdivision with SWAT doing a sweep of the area. It's not fun having them jump your fence in the middle of grilling out.

The media screwed the whole thing up.....again. Obviously the person of interest is still out there and being sought. Im still locked and loaded until this guy is found.

GTSLOW
08-06-2012, 05:51 PM
Obviously the person of interest is still out there and being sought. Im still locked and loaded until this guy is found.

Wait still today they are looking for another person?

GTSLOW
08-06-2012, 05:52 PM
I have a fucked up world perspective, bit I think the politicians and celebrities dancing on graves after events like this, Colorado ; ect is sadder than the loss of life. Hundreds if not thousands of People get shot, stabbed, killed, raped, in America on a daily basis and you don't hear shit. But an event like this, and all the roaches come out to feed. If seven soldiers got killed today in Iraq it would have been a thirteen second soundbite on the news. To me, that's the tragedy...

Jesus christ you said something normal!!! :thumbsup:

VroomPshhTsi
08-06-2012, 06:07 PM
Wait still today they are looking for another person?

No, they found him. He was cleared.

-stew-
08-06-2012, 06:29 PM
Jesus christ you said something normal!!! :thumbsup:

Look at that, you said something stupid. Again. Weird.

DNT H8
08-06-2012, 07:28 PM
i think the politicians and celebrities dancing on graves after events like this, colorado ; ect is sadder than the loss of life. Hundreds if not thousands of people get shot, stabbed, killed, raped, in america on a daily basis and you don't hear shit. But an event like this, and all the roaches come out to feed. If seven soldiers got killed today in iraq it would have been a thirteen second soundbite on the news. To me, that's the tragedy..

!^^^^^^this^^^^^^^!

GTSLOW
08-06-2012, 10:04 PM
Look at that, you said something stupid. Again. Weird.

See there you go again you're not as dumb as you look.

-stew-
08-06-2012, 10:32 PM
I'm just amazed you passed the ASVAB.

That_Guy
08-06-2012, 10:41 PM
why you should always carry even in church.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/24/suspect-in-colo-church-sh_n_1450313.html

this happened previous to the theater shooting.

brotherbenn83
08-07-2012, 08:23 AM
Aurora sounds like Colorado's asshole.

That_Guy
08-07-2012, 08:29 PM
It must be.. kinda like peoria il

Korndogg
08-08-2012, 10:09 PM
my friends dad lives right by there. there was a guy that was shot in his side at the temple, and he collapsed on his driveway this morning. Crazy stuff!!!

Are you talking about the guy that collapsed at Jim's house? My grandma lives on that road too.

BeesTwinEG
08-09-2012, 11:03 AM
Funniest part about this dumbass gun men,
He (the gun men) thought the temple "sikh" was full of Arabs/Muslims(pakistan iraq etc). when it was full of indians from India.

Korndogg
08-09-2012, 05:04 PM
Apparently Jesse Jackson is at OCHS right now talking.......

HITMAN
08-09-2012, 05:21 PM
Apparently Jesse Jackson is at OCHS right now talking.......

Ugh. This shooting and the eyes of the world being focused on Oak Creek aren't bad enough, now this walking stool sample has to show up? The school is now tainted irreparably...

Korndogg
08-09-2012, 05:36 PM
Ugh. This shooting and the eyes of the world being focused on Oak Creek aren't bad enough, now this walking stool sample has to show up? The school is now tainted irreparably...

Glad I graduated 9 years ago... rofl

Exitspeed
08-14-2012, 08:04 PM
This was one of my best friends temple. He actually just moved to Fl with his wife and they just had a baby a few weeks ago. His parents were down visiting them when this happened. I was so relieved to hear that they were safe.

Growing up with Heman I can tell you that the Sikh people are an amazing group of Americans. It wasn't until I got older that I really started to envy their morals, their beliefs, and how close their family was. Heman's dad always calls me his son which I always felt very proud of (seeing how both of his sons are Dr's and I'm just a measly photographer lol).

Killings all over the country are tragic. And yes, since this happened there's already been more shootings on the North Side. That being said, it doesn't make this any less tragic.

LIL EVO
09-11-2012, 12:52 AM
Dash cam footage released: http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-sikh-temple-shooting-video-20120910,0,3888306.story

The officer that took out the shooter was one of my firearms instructors in the police academy last fall. Nice!

Rocket Power
09-12-2012, 12:58 AM
The officer that took out the shooter was one of my firearms instructors in the police academy last fall. Nice!Mine too back in 08

88Nightmare
09-12-2012, 10:22 PM
not to change the subject, but I haven't heard squat in the news about the Aurora movie theater shooter lately...

Korndogg
10-29-2012, 05:32 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/news/wisconsin/oak-creek-police-officers-remember-day-of-sikh-temple-shooting-g47bt5k-176194591.html

VroomPshhTsi
10-29-2012, 08:07 PM
Read this article in the paper this morning. Very moving stuff. The fact that he's still alive is beyond a miracle. He deserves all the praise in the world.