PDA

View Full Version : Automotive Excitement all Weekend Long!!!

Syclone0044
09-13-2004, 10:08 PM
Just a heads up, this weekend has the most automobile excitement I know of all year long!!!

Thursday: Real Street Drags at Union Grove, great time, I never miss it, TuffEnuff's car is evidently back on the (track). Always a complete blast, never disappointed. 4PM - 12AM. Do not miss the last 15 minutes of the night. (Unless everybody is an idiot and would rather cause a commotion than race, happened last time.)

Friday: Two events, unfortunately you cannot be in two places at once so you have to miss at least one of these! In Kaukauna at W.I.R. is the "Eve of Destruction", evidently this is one of the best events all year long, rave reviews everywhere I heard, they have school bus Figure 8 races, trailer races of destruction, car jumps, all kinds of crazy sh!t. One guy said the school busses hit in the figure 8 so hard sometimes they do barrel rolls and keep going. However I heard from a number of places it is advance tickets ONLY and if you show up without a ticket you will not get in. They said "DJs SportZone" in the Appleton mall has tickets. 7 PM.

Friday: Lake Geneva has the "Tour of Destruction" they are having school bus demo derbys, ROLLOVER Contests (oh baby), tractor demo derbies, trailer races, and more. 7 PM.

Sunday: The greatest event of them all! The 2004 Slinger Speedway Enduro 200!! Without a doubt, the race I look forward to the most All year. There is more action in this one race than the entire season put together. Nothing can match the excitement of this race. If you ever enjoyed seeing auto race wrecks, you cannot afford to miss this race. They have over 100 amateurs racing the paved oval 1/4mi track for 200 laps, and there are no yellow flags!! In fact they only stop the race if someone loses a tire, starts on fire, or gets injured. If cars get junked on the main straightaway , they keep racing!!! They let the other cars BASH them out of the way!! Many times I've seen someone get nailed about 20 feet in front of me!! You should hear the metal crunch. This is so much action your neck will be sore from trying to look at it all. It lasts about 3 hours. They have a 4 cylinder class afterwards for 100 laps that is also astonishingly fun to watch. Sometimes they have a figure 8 or demo derby afterwards but the past few years they haven't. I have attended the last 7 or so of these in a row. Here are some of my photos from the 2003 event:

Look at all those cars lined up!
http://s95370645.onlinehome.us/images/misc/slinger_enduro1.jpg

That's a lot of cars on the track at one time!
http://s95370645.onlinehome.us/images/misc/slinger_enduro2.jpg

This is what the main straightaway can look like!! Mayhem!!
http://s95370645.onlinehome.us/images/misc/slinger_enduro3.jpg

Allow me to repeat: The excitement of this event cannot be overstated!! :wow

Syclone0044
09-13-2004, 10:09 PM
Now here's the real zinger, I just found out the dates of these events yesterday and it occurred to me I already have plane tickets for a trip to vacation in New York all weekend! :mad: :puppyeyes :fire :sleep :tomato I haven't missed the RSDs in 2 years and the Slinger Enduro in 7 years and I'm not about to start. But I tried to cancel and the airline says it will be over $200 to cancel my ticket, basically I have to eat the price of the plane ticket. I thought about it a long time and with great regret I will have to miss ALL of these events. :puppyeyes :( But hopefully you guys can go and tell me how they were.

EDIT: I have attached some videos of the race from last year. They give an idea what the cars are like going around the track. I don't have any really "good" video but you can imagine what it's like when someone spins out!
Video #1: A few main event laps (http://s95370645.onlinehome.us/images/misc/slinger_enduro1.mpg)
Video #2: Some 4 cylinder action (http://s95370645.onlinehome.us/images/misc/slinger_enduro2.mpg)

Al
09-13-2004, 10:42 PM
I've been waiting for this one all year! I want to take my dad.

BTW- don't they start it by throwing the black flag into the infield.

Syclone0044
09-14-2004, 12:20 AM
Funny, I always take my Dad too every year. (Plus a bunch of other guests).

Actually they do use the black flag for heinous vehicle violations, basically just to send them to the pit to check their vehicle damage.

Ricky Bobby
09-14-2004, 06:43 AM
im gonna try to talk the wife into goin to the enduro what time does it start on sun and who else is gonna go

Syclone0044
09-14-2004, 10:25 PM
Usually 2 PM , check www.slingersuperspeedway.com though.

Al
09-15-2004, 12:40 AM
Pioneer plaza and BS liquor have no tickets for sale!!!

Are they sold out, do they only sell tickets at the gate for this event, or do they sell only some of the tickets at the other vendors.

I'll probably go to the track tomarrow and try to pick up a pair if they are open.

BTW- getting my dad to go to anything is a task in itself. He prefers to watch the Yankees play ball.