PDA

View Full Version : Best place to buy tire and wheels packages?

Nix
08-02-2012, 07:20 PM
Just as the title says. I got a flat today on my LT1 today. The tires that are on there I was hoping they would last one more summer, well one of them went out today and now I have a pizza cutter in its place.

The salad shooters that I have on there aren't in bad shape but Im wanting to see if I can get a wheels and tires package at a good price to replace the salad shooters and get new tires in the process.

So my question is where have you gotten the best deals for your wheels and tires? I've been searching the net for an hour now and Im just wondering if there is a site that Im not aware of. Im also open to a nice used set of wheels and tires as well. They do not need to be brand new.

I've checked the basics including craigslist, ebay, tire rack, discount tire, replica wheels, etc...

Thank you for any input!

Neal Steffek
08-02-2012, 09:19 PM
Big Bear out in Oconomowoc.

Irish
08-03-2012, 09:42 AM
Lkq!

Nix
08-04-2012, 03:32 AM
Thanks Neal for the recommendation for Big Bear. I've heard about them before and knew of people really liking their shop. I stopped in there today after searching high and low on the net and after making phone call after phone call. I was helped by Jon and I could not believe how helpful he was. He pulled out multiple books to give me more ideas of some wheels that would be able to fit in my budget and I ended up ordering from them. Hopefully the new wheels and tires will be in some time next week. The best part is, their shop is no more than 5 minutes from my house. From now on I will be going there for all of our tire needs.

Also thanks Irish, but I don't know what Lkq is? Thank you though. :thumbsup

Irish
08-04-2012, 09:16 AM
It's a self serve auto recycler. There is also a local guy that goes around to race tracks, picks up tires used for one lap and then resells them. If you are interested, I can pm you the number.

I would also look at Discount Tire.

I hate Big Bear with a passion... Marty is a prick! Turtle is good shit though!!!

A B4C Z
08-07-2012, 09:27 AM
Give us a call at Late Model Throttle. Anything you find on tirerack or that big bear can get we should be able to beat.

We have a vast veriety of aftermarket resources to get tires and wheels from.

Irish
08-07-2012, 07:45 PM
Give us a call at Late Model Throttle. Anything you find on tirerack or that big bear can get we should be able to beat.

We have a vast veriety of aftermarket resources to get tires and wheels from.

Sorry Fellas, I knew you had the hook up on tires never new the same was true for wheel packages too!

Nix
08-07-2012, 11:37 PM
Damn! I didn't know either. Had I known I would have come to you guys first. It's already too late though as I've already paid partial payment and the wheels should be in by thursday.

I would be interested in potentially having you guys do lowering springs on my camaro. You guys did my mustang last year and I was really happy with the results.

I don't know howmlow I will he able to get away with though. I was thinking 1.5" front and rear. How much can you guys get 1.5 or 1.8" for and installed?

This would be done on a 95 Z28.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

CATNHAT
08-08-2012, 10:19 PM
I heard these guys might have some good deals!
http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?54665-Impressive-Theft