PDA

View Full Version : New vehicle

TraNs_aM
07-29-2012, 08:17 PM
So im looking into buying something new brand new im hoping. Most likely a car unless i can find a good deal on an suv or truck. Anyone got a good hook up or connection at a dealership? Or know of any good deals going on?
I was thinking of a ford escape edge or maybe hyndai sonata
Thanks
Paul

spooln30
07-29-2012, 11:08 PM
Stay away from the Ford Mistake oops I mean Escape. LOL. They have tons of issues and some of the 2000's just got recalled again. Their crap. What are your needs in a vehicle? My moms has a 99 4Runner and its been a great truck but time to trade it in while its still worth $7k. Were going Tuesday to pick up a 2011 4Runner Limited, she want something new. Drove a couple over the weekend and their really nice. Tons of cool options and the new 4.0 v6 has plenty of power to tow the ATV's. The trail edition has some bad ass off road gizmos.

03CVLX
07-30-2012, 12:09 AM
I dunno my brother has a 2006 Escape with the V6. The Truck has been absolutely flawless, other than the usual routine stuff. I know older ones were recalled for a cruise control cable that gets stuck on an engine cover. And the brand brand new 2013s had a issue with a supplier and bad fuel lines. Honestly, just do your homework, buy an Escape that is in nice clean shape and you will most likely be fine.

spooln30
07-30-2012, 12:58 AM
Ford will get lucky and build a few good ones. Out of millions. LOL. Seriously, I see them in the shop quite often and the repairs are common throughout many years. Mainly its parts that should last a lot longer failing. I've seen rear main seal leaks on them with under 30k and not one or two probably around 10. Same with the Edge.

brotherbenn83
07-30-2012, 08:17 AM
New Escape recall "call us and we will come pick it up and drop off a rental car, DO NOT DRIVE THE CAR TO THE DEALER" apparently they start on fire. From GM, most of our stuff has been pretty solid other than the R/V vehicle Acadia/Traverse/Enclave but if you are deal shopping, you probably weren't looking for a $40,000+ crossover anyways. The Cruze is a pretty nice car for $20k that is pretty loaded with some punch from the turbo 1.4 and gets 40+mpg. Just my .02

TraNs_aM
07-30-2012, 02:38 PM
I was hoping to get something with 0%u interest otherwise id consider the cruze but i dnt ever see it at 0%

drewbird91
11-14-2012, 09:35 AM
Bringing up an old thread, I was thinking the new 2013 escape for the wife. Anyone work at a ford dealer on here? It does anyone have a connection at a ford dealer? It's between a Hyundai Tucson and an Escape. Additional thoughts? What is everyone's opinion on awd vs fwd?

wheelsofsteel
11-14-2012, 10:11 AM
SmokedU (Mark) is at Heiser Ford. Might wanna try reaching out to him.

drewbird91
12-10-2012, 07:58 PM
Just want to give Nick (Waver) a thanks for helping us find a car. I told him what we were looking for and he sent me to his online inventory where I found something. He then met up with us on his day off to look at the car, at another store which wasn't his main one. He was able to get me a good price and not haggle back and forth. Even got remote start installed, came back the following Monday and signed for the car. Thanks for the help.

Waver
12-11-2012, 10:41 AM
Not a problem, glad I could help

BAD LS1
12-11-2012, 02:11 PM
Not a problem, glad I could help

if you only were able to sell me GM products... haha

animal
12-11-2012, 02:15 PM
if you only were able to sell me GM products... haha

He can get you a 5.0... ;)

BAD LS1
12-11-2012, 04:16 PM
There is an idea for the future! In gotta have it green!

Waver
12-11-2012, 06:47 PM
Tom, I can sell GM products, and I have!

BAD LS1
12-11-2012, 09:58 PM
But it would be no fun buying from you! It would probably be too easy of a deal!! I go looking for fights when I go into a dealer and there probably wouldn't be the awkward haggling and trying to sell me on the features the car has that I know inside and out.

Waver
12-12-2012, 10:17 AM
But it would be no fun buying from you! It would probably be too easy of a deal!! I go looking for fights when I go into a dealer and there probably wouldn't be the awkward haggling and trying to sell me on the features the car has that I know inside and out.

Lol, I hear you. You can still go in to a store and make that sales person look like a fool, and then come and see me.

kevcuda
12-14-2012, 11:24 AM
My roommate bought a new F-150 from an Iowa dealership and regrets it. If you are planning on heading out there to get it let me know Ill find out which one it was and fill you in.