PDA

View Full Version : Good Cheap Upholstry shop

OldSchoolSS
09-13-2004, 09:09 AM
Hey guys I have a 94 25th Anniversary Trans Am. I love the car but I hate the interior the way it is right now. Brand new these cars had the best looking f-body interior in my opinion ever. But the car has just turned 121,000 miles and the three previous owner did not take care of the interior at all. The drivers seat has a big i mean big hole in the bohlster and a rip in the bottom of the seat. The passenger seat is just worn no tears yet. I need to find a place that does really good work for a reasonable price. I'm a poor college student and can't afford the $1,000 + the local guy wants to do the seats. I guess the 25th trans am in embroidered in the seats doesn't help with the cost at all or does the fact that it's white leather. Let me know if you guys know where to go. If I can't find a place to do it cheap i might just end up getting rid of the car and letting it go to somebody who can afford to fix it up right.

Thanks,

Scott

Yooformula
09-13-2004, 09:23 AM
I would try a salvage yard first to replace the severly damaged seat then move onto the other seats :wtf . Might end up being cheaper for you too than trying to recover that leather.

eviljay
09-13-2004, 11:44 AM
I would try a salvage yard first to replace the severly damaged seat then move onto the other seats :wtf . Might end up being cheaper for you too than trying to recover that leather.

I agree, you can pick up new race seats for 3 to 400 a piece and then redo the original seats down the road when you have the cash.

JC70SS
09-13-2004, 01:29 PM
try town upholstery on 77th and national. FYI it will not be cheap. New covers will be $150-200 and labor will be at least $250.

-Joe

PB86MCSS
09-13-2004, 11:45 PM
Jax seat covers off of 6th and Howard-ish is a pretty good reputable shop. They are known for their Turbo Buick work...cool pics of other jobs they have in the shop. I plan to have my buckets and visors re-done by them, this fall or next spring.

JC70SS
09-14-2004, 09:44 AM
Yeah Jax is good, but EXPENSIVE. Also they are always backed up.

OldSchoolSS
09-18-2004, 01:51 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I ordered some books by ron mangnus and I have a friend with an commercial sewing machine so I might try to do them this winter. For the seats 90% of the price is in labor I figured I could do the front and back seats for a little over 200 in material. I think i'll practice on my fathers 37 chevy. It's just a driver so he isn't too picky.

PHDcamaro
09-20-2004, 01:00 PM
yeah go to JAX.. he re-did my friends seat in his civic and did all his ebroidery in his focus.... looked awesome....

DirtyMax
09-24-2004, 10:12 AM
Another vote for JAX. They redid a seat for us on a sled a couple of years ago and did a better job than Arctic Cat did when they made it.

PB86MCSS
09-24-2004, 10:32 AM
I'm dropping my seats and visors off today at Jax, couldn't wait I guess :D. Can't wait to get them back even more, they said a week or so is the normal time for them to get 'em done.

scottie K
09-27-2004, 08:52 PM
they really do good work
long time child hood freinds of mine paul and denise