PDA

View Full Version : Cat pissing in the house...... WTF ?

awsomeears
07-13-2012, 10:18 PM
Smelt something funny here and there the past 2-3 weeks but never like today...

Well the Fucking Cat is pissing in the house, I'm this close to killing the fucker ( Don't worry michelle I won't )

We are going to take him in asap to make sure he does not have a UTI, lets say we take him in and he has good health what would prompt a cat to just start this ?

Litter box is cleaned every 2nd day, always has food and water...

He did have this issue because he wasn't Fixed, he has been fixed for at least 8-9 months, when he was pissing in the house it was not in MY house but my girl friends moms....

I love the little bugger but.........

jbiscuit
07-13-2012, 10:45 PM
Previous owner of your home had a cat that pissed in the corner or something perhaps? Once a cat starts having accidents its tough to break them. They are creatures of habit. They piss once in a corner or on a chair and then they think that is where they should continue to go. Same goes for if he caught a wiff in the carpet or something and now will continue to go back there.

michelle
07-13-2012, 11:04 PM
I'd agree with Jason. Another thought is he saw an animal hanging around outside of your house through a window or a door and is now marking his territory.

Check for UTI/kidney functions (blood test, diabetes), do litter box more often, move it to where he is going and slowly move it back to it's normal location, change litter itself, try the Feliway plug-ins, etc.

Nature's Miracle works very well.

LEWETHETIGER73
07-13-2012, 11:18 PM
I always used apple vinegar to remove the smell. Worked pretty well. Getting rid of my 2 cats worked even better. 2 sets of leather furniture and new floors was my breaking point. Good luck, you'll need it.

brotherbenn83
07-14-2012, 08:34 AM
1 vote for killing the cat.

awsomeears
07-14-2012, 08:51 AM
I'd agree with Jason. Another thought is he saw an animal hanging around outside of your house through a window or a door and is now marking his territory.

Hmmmmmmm.

Well he just started to sit on the couch ledge and peer out within the past 2-3 weeks, never did before. Well right next to the couch is his piss....

This home had No cats, 100% sure
U

awsomeears
07-14-2012, 09:51 AM
So last night I took the cat to the spot where he pissed, tapped him on the nose and yelled at him. He is no dummy and knows what I'm yelling at him about. So anywho I laid down some paper just to see if he would kick it away or hell even piss on it.

Yep sure did....

This Cat will be gone t-minus few days..... I love him but cat piss is nasty !

Irish
07-14-2012, 10:27 AM
So last night I took the cat to the spot where he pissed, tapped him on the nose and yelled at him. He is no dummy and knows what I'm yelling at him about. So anywho I laid down some paper just to see if he would kick it away or hell even piss on it.

Yep sure did....

This Cat will be gone t-minus few days..... I love him but cat piss is nasty !

Word!! That ammonia smell is FTL!!!

pOrk
07-14-2012, 12:37 PM
Yelling at the. At days after it happened he has no clue wtf your going on about. Your watching too many episodes of cat whisperer.

awsomeears
07-14-2012, 01:18 PM
Yelling at the. At days after it happened he has no clue wtf your going on about. Your watching too many episodes of cat whisperer.

lol

I should clarify it was within the right time, was still damp !

GHOSST
07-14-2012, 04:28 PM
We have a multi-cat household, all male cats. Do you have other cats? Are there cats roaming around outside? That could do it.

Before we could get our eldest cat neutered, hell week, we stock piled on "urine off" sprays and inhibitors, dousing all the corners of the house, it only worked if you doused 2 times a day (pricey), but as soon as we did get him neutered, he stopped. But as the other cats rolled in, he became territorial, still pissing every now and then, but he eventually stopped. The others have been neutered on time, no problems.

Spaying and neutering usually does it. But I'd say your cat is being territorial about something, and he should get over it. Just get some of those sprays for now.

lordairgtar
07-14-2012, 11:27 PM
Buy a dog

Josepy
07-15-2012, 01:41 AM
My cats did this also. The wife tried everything to fix it. Breaking point is when my 6 month old crawled through some of the piss. Cats were gone the next day. Never again.

That_Guy
07-15-2012, 08:12 AM
1 vote for killing the cat.

qft

michelle
07-15-2012, 08:29 AM
My truck leaked some oil last night. Junking it tomorrow.

97SSport
07-15-2012, 08:56 AM
We had the same problem. He'd piss on the windows and by the front door. He was marking. We bought a "Feliaway" (sp?) and took him the vet for meds. We were given Fluoxetine for cat anxiety disorders. Cat has not pissed in the house for 2 years. He seemed more mellow at first but soon started acting "normal." We stopped using the feliaway (not sure if it really worked) 1 year ago. The Fluoxetine is cheap and you just give him one pill a day. Good luck. It is frustrating and i wanted to kill him many times too. By the way, he had been fixed his entire life and starting doing this when he was about 9 for no reason.

That_Guy
07-15-2012, 09:34 AM
My truck leaked some oil last night. Junking it tomorrow.

Like the cat it will probably be a cheaper solution. Ask anybody who worked as a flooring installer. The damage you dont see under your carpet is the worst. I dont mind cats.. they will never be inside my house though.

Slow5oh
07-15-2012, 06:53 PM
Cats

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn293/quick93fox/561211_442769492412798_748558862_n.jpg

GHOSST
07-15-2012, 09:08 PM
Cats aren't bad, low maintenance really. They just get into shit, a lot of shit, hence the phrase curiosity killed the cat. But spanking their little buts does the trick. Once they don't piss on stuff their ok.

I'll take cats over birds anyday. We had 3, and cleaning out bird cages with a weeks worth of shit in them is no fun, and if you don't give birds the attention they require, they'll hate you.

WilliamZ
07-18-2012, 12:11 AM
I'm not a fan of cats so it would find another home :P

awsomeears
07-18-2012, 11:06 PM
Took the little rat to the vet, has a slight UTI also had some virus and his poop tubes were compacted, he did but drag on the carpet and this is why....

Suppose to only weigh like 10 but hes 15, Dr. told my gilfriend what I have been telling her since she moved in " Your cat is fucking Fat put him on a Diet "

As I mentioned first step is to have a Tune up at the VET and see how he does

srt4eh
07-21-2012, 08:10 PM
Our cats never pissed on anything until we moved to Kentucky and had a bunch of strays wandering by our house constantly...after that it was impossible to stop. We took them to the Vet...no issues. Put down aluminum foil, paper, etc....no change. Used all sorts of sprays...nothing. Sad.