PDA

View Full Version : Blue WRX police vehicle !!!

Car Guy
07-10-2012, 01:00 PM
This caught me by surprise. I was on 27th and Loomis at Chase bank this morning when I hear sirens. Yeah I know nothing new or anything to usually get excited about. However, when I glance to see what was making all the noise I nearly shit my pants when a current generation blue WRX with white or silver 'Fast and Furious' type graphics was turning left (north) on 27th street off Loomis. Full light bar on top, strobes flashing and all. After realizing it was not a dream (I just woke up) I said well that is probably just an Impreza all done up. WRONG! Once on 27th street it launched hard and was out of sight in a couple seconds. You could easily hear the turbo and blow off valve. This might have been the coolest thing I have ever seen regarding police cars. I did not see which jurisdiction it was from but assume Milwaukee. A few seconds later an unmarked black or dark blue Expedition with sirens screaming was trying to keep up, lol! A guy in front of Chase delivering floor mats also took notice. He said out loud "holy shit” which is just what I was thinking. This for sure made my morning. :headbang

WhatsADSM
07-10-2012, 01:33 PM
Nice!

Wagonbacker9
07-10-2012, 01:38 PM
From the chicago auto show a couple years back:

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad51/Wagonbacker9/Auto%20Show/WRX1.jpg

theavenger333
07-10-2012, 02:25 PM
they use WRX as a standard police vehicle overseas a TON. especially in like scotland and england, in the countryside. Not suprising at all, but yeah if i saw one in my rearview i'd prob do a doubletake. given the amount of REPO vehicles being used more and more i'll probably only be suprised when i see a Milwaukee Sheriff in a damn Ferrari

spooln30
07-10-2012, 04:50 PM
Yeah I thought I read it is supposed to be at the Subaru City car show. Lucky cop who gets that as his car.

73MACH
07-10-2012, 05:06 PM
It might be Greenfield's, they had one in the 4th of july parade.

73MACH
07-10-2012, 05:07 PM
Nevermind, 27th and loomis isn't greenfield I don't think.

Car Guy
07-10-2012, 05:20 PM
27th and Loomis is Milwaukee but also VERY close to the border of Greenfield.

twicks69
07-10-2012, 05:58 PM
The car has Greenfield police stickers on it.

JOHN 86GT
07-10-2012, 06:18 PM
Cops used Buick Grand National's when I lived out east (NY CT etc..) in the late 80's and 90's .

Surprised a lot of camaros and mustangs .. after the race.

gen2guy
07-10-2012, 07:45 PM
most likely Greenfield.Off their facebook page The STI was donated by Subaru and Schlossmann's Subaru City. They also donated the graphics and and installation of the lights, radio and siren. The lightbar was donated by Federal Signal. The police radio was donated by Milwaukee 2-Way. This amounts to a $50,000 donation to the department!

73MACH
07-10-2012, 07:48 PM
Sweet! Good to know I didn't pay for it in my taxes.....kind of "much" for a police car....

Waver
07-10-2012, 08:00 PM
I think it is kinda cool, and at least it is not another "DARE" car.

That_Guy
07-10-2012, 08:40 PM
What is nice is that when you are a drug dealer and the police end up busting you they seize all your shit when it comes to dealing.. so some jurisdictions strike it big and get a nice car here and there.

spooln30
07-10-2012, 08:56 PM
Ive seen MPD cars that were former drug dealer cars/trucks. They say something on the sides I don't remember right now.

Car Guy
07-11-2012, 12:02 PM
Thanks for the pic and info gen2guy! This is seriously the coolest thing since sliced bread.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3/KarGuy/greenfield.jpg

03CVLX
07-11-2012, 11:46 PM
I've yet to see the WRX in person. Much less cool but also worthy of note. Greenfield has switched to Chargers now that the CVs are dead. I think they are only the 6 cyls though.

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
07-12-2012, 06:12 AM
Rumor has it that this car is only going to be patrolled on HWY and that the sole officer that will drive it has been to driving school. Guess they are finally doing something about the street racing. Wouldn't be surprised if Milwaukee has something similar soon for the Tower crowds

Flicktitty
07-12-2012, 08:00 AM
Rumor has it that this car is only going to be patrolled on HWY and that the sole officer that will drive it has been to driving school. Guess they are finally doing something about the street racing. Wouldn't be surprised if Milwaukee has something similar soon for the Tower crowds

I just don't see 1 cop car and 1 cop being able to really curb street racing/ cruising. The cities could put a big hault on it quick if they wanted to in other ways.

Irish
07-12-2012, 10:03 AM
Hahaha, he went to driving school beyond what they normally teach in the academy?

If I roll up next to him, it will take everything I have not to mess with him.

"does that have a hemi in it?"

"standalone fuel management system, not a bad way to spend 10 grand"

I'd be surprised if he knew what a boxer engine is.

jbiscuit
07-12-2012, 10:46 AM
WOrth noting, that is an STi not a base WRX! Pretty cool if you ask me!

-stew-
07-12-2012, 10:49 AM
Hahaha, he went to driving school beyond what they normally teach in the academy?

If I roll up next to him, it will take everything I have not to mess with him.

"does that have a hemi in it?"

"standalone fuel management system, not a bad way to spend 10 grand"

I'd be surprised if he knew what a boxer engine is.

I would just sit there screaming "You are the cops!" At him.
Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

BigSnailBuick
07-12-2012, 05:32 PM
Haha very cool.. good choice as well...Im still convinced the wrx's are the best handling cars under a few hundred grand. No way someone is dipping anyone in the city that knows how to drive in a wrx.

WhatsADSM
07-12-2012, 06:09 PM
Haha very cool.. good choice as well...Im still convinced the wrx's are the best handling cars under a few hundred grand. No way someone is dipping anyone in the city that knows how to drive in a wrx.

No way a WRX is the best handling car under a few hundred grand.

Without even thinking much about it the GTR, a few Lotuses , a few Porsches, Z06, IMHO are all better handling cars (which arguably is a little subjective).

Wagonbacker9
07-12-2012, 07:35 PM
I would maintain that regardless of car or driver, the only thing preventing anyone from dipping on the cops is the radio.

And yeah, there are SEVERAL cars that out-handle a WRX (and STi) hands down.

WhatsADSM
07-13-2012, 09:37 AM
I would maintain that regardless of car or driver, the only thing preventing anyone from dipping on the cops is the radio.

Yup. Very hard to outrun the Motorola ;)

BigSnailBuick
07-14-2012, 04:55 PM
I suppose I'm a bit bias and comparing others to my Wrx...I have every bar and brace for handling you can have aside from a full cage and it's crazy. I've driven Zo6's, porsches and an older lotus and they didn't feel near as stable. Can't say I've driven a gtr though.....if I'm ever in a car that can take the Waukesha exit at 70+ I will hand down the crown :D I'm surprised to see a Zo6 mentioned though..I was never a fan of how any vettes felt around corners.