PDA

View Full Version : Is an helmet required by law for public trail atv use?

BoosTT
07-09-2012, 07:54 PM
I was always under the impression it was, but the online guide says nothing about over 18 requirements. I also read its legal, but not recommend to ride two people on an atv designed for one.... is this true?

spooln30
07-10-2012, 02:28 AM
Only kids need to wear a helmet. I ride two people on a factory single rider atv, it does have a rear storage box with the built in seat. I've ran across many DNR officers this year and nothing has been said about the two rider thing. I do wear a helmet. I've been on some trails where its hard to see oncoming traffic. I just feel safer wearing one. I've almost been hit many times by dumb kids and drunk guys going way to fast around blind corners. I chased one guy down and bitched him out. Almost had to put his face in the sand but I didn't want to spend the rest of my trip locked up. I love to ride fast but I do it at the right times and I don't act like the entire trail is mine. On my last trip I came upon a pretty bad wreak on a trail up near Crivitz. Both guys were a little banged up but both of their ATV's were totalled out. The one guy had a real nice Canned-Ham. I used the word "had", I couldn't tell what kind of atv it was at first until I found a piece of it with the sticker.