PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used a Paxton? (NOT for a mustang)

BR3W CITY
06-29-2012, 11:57 AM
So I had considered going with a procharger, but they all mount on the wrong side of engine (driver side)...I'd need it to mount the like Corvette style....but can't/won't switch to vette front accessories. I found a kit that was made to fit like I want, but it uses a Paxton Novi 1500. I'm not as familiar with these, has anyone done anything with Paxtons and made good power?

Moparjim
06-29-2012, 12:27 PM
I have not personally, but amongst Viper people the majority making big supercharged power were Paxton. Underground was putting together Paxton kits with like 900 RWHP or something like that.

WhatsADSM
06-29-2012, 09:23 PM
Seen pretty good success with paxton on some imports. Have a buddy with an s2000 with a novi1000. He pushes it pretty hard and overall its been pretty reliable.

BR3W CITY
06-30-2012, 12:20 PM
Hmmm, well thats fairly reassuring. From what I understand the Novi 1500 is a self contained unit, and I guess compares between a p1 and d1 of the prochargers. It's on a 6rib currently, but I'm assuming the 8rib pulleys are available...despite the kit actually being a prototype. leaving it 6rib makes the belt easy to find, since this is a custom application I'm wondering how hard finding custom length 8/10 rib belts is.

Anyone else have any thoughts on these?