PDA

View Full Version : Best floor jack I have ever owned is on sale at Harbor Freight right now $75

Moparjim
06-28-2012, 02:04 PM
Pittsburgh 2.5 ton low profile, lot #68049.

No idea how to describe this but this thing is awesome for a cheap jack, it is SUPER LOW it is the only jack I have ever owned that fits under my Viper and Stealths etc WITH EASE its like 2.5 inches tall at the jacking end, and it goes straight back low profile like that for most of the jack - its doesnt increase much in height until close to the pivot/handle. its lower profile then aluminum racing ones I have seen even.

It also jacks fast when theres no load, and jacks high. Has other nice features like a foam cover over the lower part of the handle that would bump your front end if your not careful.

Seriously, I have had like ten jacks over the last 20 years and this one is the best working lowest profile one I have ever had!

Cannot attest to the longevity, but it looks to be of decent quality construction and I've had it a few months and all good so far. At this price I would buy a new one every year.

The Shaolin
06-28-2012, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the heads up. My aluminum racing jack is falling apart.

-stew-
06-28-2012, 03:25 PM
tV0P62T9_kY

pOrk
06-28-2012, 07:33 PM
I have the same jack for almost a year and if it broke tomorrow I'd buy another in a heart beat

Wagonbacker9
06-28-2012, 10:36 PM
$91.42 shipped. I've been waiting for a deal like this. I have 2 trolley jacks (the smallish portable type floor jack) one of which has been with me for over a decade and occasionally the piston leaves the cylender on it, and a 2nd one which tipped over on me while jacking the blazer (that was the day I found out the 4x4 disengages when power is not applied, and there was no rear drive shaft in it) bending it pretty badly. Finally I'll be able to pitch the bent one, and retire the other one to a tool-box life in the back of the truck!

wikked
06-29-2012, 12:13 AM
It even fits under my Spyder!

Although it doesn't jack high enough for my liking... Jacking it up from the front, I was able to take off a 17" rim, but couldn't put a 16" one back on. *shrug*

Had to do it from the sides, minor incovenience for something that actually fits without me having to lift up the bumper & nudge the jack under.

Moparjim
06-29-2012, 12:30 PM
Looking closer, I have the slightly more expensive one but they are extremely similar. The one I have looks like it goes even lower, jacks a few inches higher, and has a T handle with a seperate knob for the lock and unlock of the valve. Regardless, they are still awesome jacks, and definitely awesome at these prices.

The brand is called Pittsburgh, they must be American made right? ;)

civic600
06-29-2012, 04:51 PM
i should for sure look into this. Ive been looking for a jack that will fit under my vette but most arent even close. Great find! Not many jacks out there that will fit under a lowered Z06

pOrk
06-30-2012, 12:15 AM
The one I have lifts 20" and I paid 80 when it was on sale. There is one size up that lifts 24" but I didn't like the knob used to lower the jack looked like a potential wear problem down the road

WilliamZ
06-30-2012, 12:36 AM
I need a new jack. I think I will order that one! Thanks.

bikedad
06-30-2012, 01:47 PM
Does everyone know that Harbor Freight has a store in West Allis on 71st and Greenfield?

It's in the mall area where the old Allis Chalmers building used to be.

Wagonbacker9
06-30-2012, 01:57 PM
Does everyone know that Harbor Freight has a store in West Allis on 71st and Greenfield?

It's in the mall area where the old Allis Chalmers building used to be.
Used to live about 6 blocks from there... its just easier for me to ship, and for 7 bucks.. why not?

pOrk
06-30-2012, 03:21 PM
This is the one I have, it rocks:

http://www.harborfreight.com/automotive-motorcycle/floor-jacks/25-ton-heavy-duty-floor-jack-with-rapid-pump-68049.html

Stew, I prefer to buy made in USA always but where can you get a Made in USA Low profile jack? The shit snap on sells is even made in china...

Gregor
07-12-2012, 07:09 PM
Harbor Freight is a hit or miss kinda deal. Some tools take a beating and shrug it off, and sometimes they break by doing lightweight work.

Had a grinder ithe first one burned out cutting out a rusty floor, the second one survived my tool box for 2 years.

Jacks are a bit diffrent at sometime you have to be under the car to place a stand sometime in your life. And I really would like to have something that I can trust. Last thing you need is the jack failing and you getting pined under the car.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000XSCEBM/ref=asc_df_B000XSCEBM2094015?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395093&creativeASIN=B000XSCEBM&hvpos=1o1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=21109108441307756206&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=

hard to find one made in the USA anymore unless its a lincoln.

Wagonbacker9
07-12-2012, 07:30 PM
At the end of the day, your jack is relying on a $.10 o-ring no matter who made it or where...

The Shaolin
07-13-2012, 08:05 AM
Harbor Freight is a hit or miss kinda deal.

Absolutely. It's pretty damn easy to tell the hits from the misses, through a google search, or some evaluation of the tool.

Those angle grinders are cheap as hell, all plastic, and what, 4 amps? Pretty easy to tell that's not a great buy on a quality product...

Gregor
07-14-2012, 12:37 AM
it was the siren song of the 10 buck 4 1/2 grinder. So even with buying 2 it owed me nothing. Most of the time I end picking up Harbor Freight tools for when I know it will almost always meet it death by abuse ie; welding, junkyards and so on. Never took a jack to yard tho...

My cheapness has no bounds. Unless it means me trusting it with my life. Then my cheapness has to take a backseat.

pOrk
07-14-2012, 12:39 PM
The jacks are probably the best quality item that shit hole sells

-stew-
07-15-2012, 04:12 PM
Almost wiped out my car and my neighbors garage, so that leads to todays tip of the day: be careful putting cars on, taking cars off of and using Jack stands. Level ground, proper wheel chocks and use the parking brake when you can. Safety first.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

wikked
07-16-2012, 01:29 AM
Almost wiped out my car and my neighbors garage, so that leads to todays tip of the day: be careful putting cars on, taking cars off of and using Jack stands. Level ground, proper wheel chocks and use the parking brake when you can. Safety first.

http://www.wikked.com/images/go-on.jpg