PDA

View Full Version : Auto Zone actually giving excellent service....... true story !

awsomeears
06-27-2012, 10:30 PM
I used to hate Auto Zone but from the morons at advanced and O' rileys, they have had either everything in stock or got it next day, hell my edelbrock head bolts took only 3 days and were cheaper then jegs by $15...

27th in greenfield to be exact !

Irish
06-27-2012, 11:45 PM
That same location gave me great customer service too! I needed brake pads for the front of my jeep and possibly rotors. The driver's side caliper seized.

So I needed new pads, rotors, and a caliper. I replaced the rotors 2 years and one month, to the day when this happened! My rotors were only warrantied for 2 years.

The manager "forced the warranty" for me without hesitation because, " looking over your account history, under your phone number, you've been an excellent customer!" lol

So, I walked out of there with two new rotors, new ceramic pads, and a new caliper for $50!!!

They gave excellent customer service and would definitely go back!

Silver86
06-28-2012, 05:48 AM
nice to hear about this stuff!

The Shaolin
06-28-2012, 08:05 AM
Obviously not every auto parts store is full of morons. Depends mostly on how smart the manager is and whether or not they hire smart people.

I worked at the Autozone in Oshkosh for two years back when I was in school, and it was better than any Autozone I’ve visited since. We were consistently at the top of the district in sales. Almost the whole staff was younger car guys that knew their shit. That job was a lot of fun.

I usually go to advance nowadays because of the ridiculous online deals. Had a bad experience with the advance on 18 in Brookfield when a 40 something year old woman who had just started couldn't figure out that I needed ONE spark plug wire, and it somehow turned into a 25 minute transaction...*sigh*

jbiscuit
06-28-2012, 08:08 AM
Yep Advance has almost nonstop discounts and coupon codes online. Buy online, pick up at the store. Super easy plus they will price match!

Moparjim
06-28-2012, 10:12 AM
I go like almost weekly to the Autozone in Oak Creek on Puetz and Howell and always have good service, prices, parts in stock usually or there next day from warehouse.

I've gotten everything from common stuff like brake parts for a Cavalier to big ticket items like entire remanufactured 3.0L 3000GT/Stealth long blocks from them.

bikedad
06-28-2012, 11:00 AM
I hit the Autozone on Sunset in Waukesha.
I've always had good service there. Most of the guys are pretty knowledgeable but I usually deal with Carlos if I can.

Irish
06-28-2012, 12:35 PM
I've always had good service there. Most of the guys are pretty knowledgeable but I usually deal with Carlos if I can.

Carlos is still there? He's good shit!

bikedad
06-28-2012, 01:03 PM
Carlos is still there? He's good shit!
Yeah he's still there.
I haven't seen it yet but I understand he's got his Nova running. I think he's still looking for a hood for it.

jbiscuit
06-28-2012, 01:40 PM
The Napa on State St is great also. They have the luxury of the distribution center attached to the store. I used to drive out of my way to go here. Especially cuz the Napa on Greenfield Ave across from State Fair Park has got to be one of the WORST Napa's ever. Horrible service. If you go to the Napa on State, work with Paul. Big body-builder looking guy. Great guy and very knowledgable!

Rocket Power
06-28-2012, 01:47 PM
The Napa on State St is great also. They have the luxury of the distribution center attached to the store. I used to drive out of my way to go here. Especially cuz the Napa on Greenfield Ave across from State Fair Park has got to be one of the WORST Napa's ever. Horrible service. If you go to the Napa on State, work with Paul. Big body-builder looking guy. Great guy and very knowledgable!
Yep, if I need something from napa, I go to that one.

Moparjim
06-28-2012, 02:14 PM
P.S. Autozone also has a phone app that you can set your favorite store location and save all your vehicles and then pretty easily search for parts and it will give you the price and availability at your local store most of the time. Some parts it gives you the old blanket "call store for info" type thing but many parts it pops up the price and whether or not they have it.

03CVLX
06-28-2012, 02:42 PM
I don't know the extent of the stock yet. But apparently the brand new Autozone on Miller Park Way just south of Greenfield Avenue is supposed to be their equivalent to the Napa on state street. Its just finishing being built may not even be officially open yet. But may be worth a call if your looking for something.

gen2guy
06-28-2012, 08:36 PM
That autozone opened last week

BigSnailBuick
06-28-2012, 10:44 PM
edit..

BigSnailBuick
06-28-2012, 10:44 PM

Bingo! Same here.

IcePickFreak
06-29-2012, 11:38 PM
I go like almost weekly to the Autozone in Oak Creek on Puetz and Howell and always have good service, prices, parts in stock usually or there next day from warehouse.

I've gotten everything from common stuff like brake parts for a Cavalier to big ticket items like entire remanufactured 3.0L 3000GT/Stealth long blocks from them.

Haven't ordered anything that extensive, but never have any problems and get non-stock stuff pretty quick from this one as well.

Holeshot
06-30-2012, 04:39 PM
I used to hate Auto Zone but from the morons at advanced and O' rileys, they have had either everything in stock or got it next day, hell my edelbrock head bolts took only 3 days and were cheaper then jegs by $15...

27th in greenfield to be exact !

But who lets you have free range behind the counter back room with no supervision? Oh yeah We do :shades

awsomeears
06-30-2012, 05:34 PM
Again moron at advanced......

I need a 160 T-stat he said theres no such animal, I said yes there is I just bought one yesterday as I did. Just needed another one...

Doh !