PDA

View Full Version : Reason for a spare car

drewbird91
06-22-2012, 12:33 PM
All,
Looking to get some feedback/good reasons why it is good to have 2 cars, or a spare/daily/winter driver.

For example,
1. Its nice to have a winter beater (especially in Wisconsin) that will take the winter abuse while the nice car sits in storage over the winter.
2. The daily driver you don't car as much if the door gets dinged at the store
3. Gas milage may be better on the daily driver
4. More room to transport stuff
5. Others?

I'm trying to come up with some good reasons why I need 2 cars.

outlawgibbs
06-22-2012, 12:58 PM
If one car breaks down you have a backup to get you to work

CannotPost
06-22-2012, 01:00 PM
#1 reason:

"Because Race-Car"

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f276/truck331/Ram%20stuff/because-race-car.jpg

BoosTT
06-22-2012, 01:24 PM
I have a lot of toys and cars seam to be the most expensive. The insurance is a lot, registration is a lot and they take up a lot of room. Having a spare car is best, incase one breaks. You can take your time to fix the broken car youself and use the spare.

When compared to a spare car a motorcycle is way cheaper.

LIL EVO
06-22-2012, 11:45 PM
Reason? There are no reasons. It's an addiction. That's why we are on all these silly forums.

I had 10 cars. Just sold two last week.

90 Mirage AWD - race car, weekend car
95 Mirage - project car, sits under a tarp
93 Stealth TT - weekend car, grocery car, car show-type car, looks good, sounds good
04 Lexus LS430 - hot date car, when I'm not in the mood to shift
96 Land Cruiser - pulls the car trailer, jetskis, blizzard warrior
94 Land Cruiser - new plow project
70 Land Cruiser - old plow, parts car for below
71 Land Cruiser - SBC 355, semi-restoration, head turner

I also have a few jetskis and a 90 Kawi ZX-10. Haven't ridden that thing since insurance became manditory.

So yeah, two cars, who cares. lol. It all comes down to your needs and wants. Do you want to haul cars? Plow? Get lumber or building supplies? etc etc

Wagonbacker9
06-23-2012, 01:37 AM
Take on projects that you wouldn't be able to if you only had one car.
Have vehicles that are not your "does everything best option" and allow you to have vehicles that are good for different things.
Have a winter beater.

Because, I want one dammit.

Wagonbacker9
06-23-2012, 01:37 AM
Take on projects that you wouldn't be able to if you only had one car.
Have vehicles that are not your "does everything best option" and allow you to have vehicles that are good for different things.
Have a winter beater.

Because, I want one dammit.

wrath
06-23-2012, 07:57 PM
I'm down to three vehicles between the old lady and I. I might get another one, if I stumble upon a 68 GTO/LeMans/Tempest. I got tired of working on them all.