PDA

View Full Version : 99.9% of the times I agree with the police but......

Neal Steffek
06-22-2012, 05:52 AM
I work very close with the police and I know there are tons of D bags that think they know better the the cops, but this one kinda gets to me. Yes the guy on the bike was kind of a dick but he didn't need this. I hope the cop gets a few non paid days off for this.

http://youtu.be/eyYlRZAdPGk

BR3W CITY
06-22-2012, 10:57 AM
A police department covering their own asses using illegal or immoral techniques.....shocking.
The problem is agreeing with them the other 99.9% of the time.

03Seville
06-22-2012, 11:16 AM
What a joke, fortunately more and more people are starting to wear their go-pros and other helmet cams everywhere they go so that when stuff like this happens they have something to back them up.

brotherbenn83
06-22-2012, 11:56 AM
Dumb story, poor grammar. End thread.

Irish
06-22-2012, 01:29 PM

What? How is it a "dumb story"?

loud91rs
06-22-2012, 02:39 PM
Anybody who says how the cop acted is ok obviously hasn't ridden a sportbike. I can see why cops should keep an eye on them because of the idiots with no gear speeding, wheelieing, and weaving through traffic, etc. however, us sportbike riders get harassed all the time for nothing! I constantly get yelled at to put my visor down on my helmet WITH my sunglasses on. They say it's a law. They make stuff up just to fuel their power trip.

I am not saying all cops are like this though. Some have been nothing but respectful to me, and they get the same In return. I am really good friends with two cops who have much better things to do than to pick on fully geared up sportbike riders.

Rocket Power
06-22-2012, 02:52 PM
Act like a jerk, get treated like a jerk.
This guy seems like the motorcycle version of the open carry video dorks who act like jags to get a reaction, then get all mad when they get the reaction they were looking for.

Who just randomly videos their day ?

Wagonbacker9
06-22-2012, 02:52 PM

improper usage of the word "dumb".

Wagonbacker9
06-22-2012, 03:09 PM
Watching the linked dashcam its pretty clear what he's pissed about, not that that excuses it.

loud91rs
06-22-2012, 03:40 PM
Act like a jerk, get treated like a jerk.
This guy seems like the motorcycle version of the open carry video dorks who act like jags to get a reaction, then get all mad when they get the reaction they were looking for.

Both acted bad IMO. I can see why the rider was upset, but he should have held back.

People seem to love these cameras. You get to film yourself either riding down the road (yawn) or doing stupid stuff. I am excluding the people who use them at the track.

BigSnailBuick
06-22-2012, 03:55 PM
Why should he hold back? I think under the circumstance he was very polite in the beginning... We are all fuckin sick of power tripping police.

Comparing this guy to the open carry loons is nothing alike...those guys go out with a camera specifically looking for the interaction with police. This guy was in a ride with a go pro....

-stew-
06-22-2012, 04:47 PM

Cops do. Are they assholes for it?

VroomPshhTsi
06-22-2012, 05:05 PM
Both the rider and the cop were dicks. I don't see a suspension necessary for this. It wasn't police brutality or anything of that nature. Just like all professions, most cops are good at their job and respectful of all citizens but there are some that are just dicks on power trips.

Rocket Power
06-22-2012, 05:17 PM
Cops do. Are they assholes for it?
They aren't personal videos.

Holeshot
06-22-2012, 06:33 PM
The guy on the bike was in the right but went about it the wrong way. He invoked his 4th amendment rights and the officer had no RAS other then a traffic stop. Once he was placed under arrest he should have invoked his 5th amendment rights. Im guessing this went to trial and the officer was disciplined or should have been.

Holeshot
06-22-2012, 06:36 PM
What a joke, fortunately more and more people are starting to wear their go-pros and other helmet cams everywhere they go so that when stuff like this happens they have something to back them up.

Anyone that carries either open or concealed needs to carry a recording device period. I do just in the off chance I am detained for someone reporting MWAG ( WHICH IS NOT DISORDERLY CONDUCT ! )

Holeshot
06-22-2012, 07:01 PM
And not to steal from the OP but this is a perfect example to know your rights weather your carrying or your being stopped for traffic.

jfdEbe7e9GE&feature=colike

Wagonbacker9
06-22-2012, 07:24 PM
Very impressed by that individual's knowledge and handling of the situation.

BR3W CITY
06-22-2012, 07:48 PM
They aren't personal videos.

Cops video shit to use and evidence....ever notice how when the cops is accused, the dashcam footage "disappears" for a little while while the dept figures out what to do?
People started taking video to use as evidence for themselves. If I had a gopro, I'd flip it on if i got pulled over; when its your word vs a cops, I don't like losing EVEN if I'm actually telling the truth/not guilty.

BigSnailBuick
06-22-2012, 08:41 PM
Cops video shit to use and evidence....ever notice how when the cops is accused, the dashcam footage "disappears" for a little while while the dept figures out what to do?
People started taking video to use as evidence for themselves. If I had a gopro, I'd flip it on if i got pulled over; when its your word vs a cops, I don't like losing EVEN if I'm actually telling the truth/not guilty.

I remember a video of a kid in a civic from a long time ago where he flipped on the camera and caught a cop threatening him......goes to dig it up :) One thing that has always amazed me is that these videos ever surface...if your a criminal cop knowing full well you do illegal things why not just steal and break the camera? lol

hotrod96z28
06-22-2012, 09:17 PM
Don't talk to the police
http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=d-7o9xYp7eE

BigSnailBuick
06-22-2012, 09:45 PM
Don't talk to the police
http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=d-7o9xYp7eE

Excellent vid

spooln30
06-23-2012, 01:37 AM
That is total BS you can't be arrested for a plate violation. The cop only arrested him to get his video. If I were this guy i would sue for sure. It should've been a simple ticket or a warning. Fucking cops and sheriffs blow. They think their above the law. I was treated similar when I was pulled over for not having a third brake light inside my car. Funny cuz my Subby never had one due to it had a factory spoiler that was removed before I bought it. I filed a complaint and he was suspended w/o pay for a few days.

Yooformula
06-23-2012, 09:46 AM
I have NEVER seen a large group of sport bike NOT do something dumb or illegal when in a group... Now that cop was way out of line in how he acted and treated taht dumbass but I am curious to know what the rider was doing prior to his clip of the incident.
L_bFKtx42AM&feature=relmfu

pOrk
06-23-2012, 10:27 AM
You can get arrested for an obstructed lisc plate in texas, which is a crock of shit. The cop was out of line. THat being said, there were a TON of stunt bikes in that group and riding with those guys your asking to get pulled over from the get go. I cant choose a side on this one, although that cop SHOULD be fired for slamming the car door. Could have broken the guys leg...

Yooformula
06-23-2012, 11:18 AM
You can get arrested for an obstructed lisc plate in texas, which is a crock of shit. The cop was out of line. THat being said, there were a TON of stunt bikes in that group and riding with those guys your asking to get pulled over from the get go. I cant choose a side on this one, although that cop SHOULD be fired for slamming the car door. Could have broken the guys leg...

Agreed 100X!

That_Guy
06-23-2012, 03:55 PM
I'm not sure why he is being arrested for a forfeiture. Doesn't make much sense to me. Unless they do things differently. They can detain him to Until they can properly id him.

That_Guy
06-23-2012, 03:57 PM
That is total BS you can't be arrested for a plate violation. The cop only arrested him to get his video. If I were this guy i would sue for sure. It should've been a simple ticket or a warning. Fucking cops and sheriffs blow. They think their above the law. I was treated similar when I was pulled over for not having a third brake light inside my car. Funny cuz my Subby never had one due to it had a factory spoiler that was removed before I bought it. I filed a complaint and he was suspended w/o pay for a few days.

Each state does things differently. In Wisconsin you cant be arrested for "MOST" forfeitures.

VroomPshhTsi
06-24-2012, 05:56 PM
I was treated similar when I was pulled over for not having a third brake light inside my car. Funny cuz my Subby never had one due to it had a factory spoiler that was removed before I bought it. I filed a complaint and he was suspended w/o pay for a few days.

So you bought the car knowing it was missing the third brake light? Then when you get pulled over for it, somehow it's the cops fault? It is your responsibility to make sure your car is street legal. How would the cop know you bought it like that before he pulled you over? The fact is you bought the car with it missing a factory part. I fail to see why the cop was wrong here.

loud91rs
06-24-2012, 06:01 PM
So you bought the car knowing it was missing the third brake light? Then when you get pulled over for it, somehow it's the cops fault? It is your responsibility to make sure your car is street legal. How would the cop know you bought it like that before he pulled you over? The fact is you bought the car with it missing a factory part. I fail to see why the cop was wrong here.

While what you said is true... I can see it both ways. My 85 camaro had NO third brake light (from the factory this way) and if the previous owner of the subbie deleted the spoiler right, he would have welded the holes and repainted. Thus, leaving no evidence of a spoiler or third brake light for that matter. Not all cars have them. Point is cops going overboard about things that can basically be left as a fix-it ticket.

Reverend Cooper
06-24-2012, 06:35 PM
if you are ever in trouble do not talk to them plead the 5th and ask for youre call to a lawyer. its that simple,This saved me huge on a wreckless driving ticket with a speeding ticket accompanied by it. Thank you Doug Stansbury at Levy and Levy in Cedarburg 262-377-5555

Rocket Power
06-24-2012, 09:06 PM
While what you said is true... I can see it both ways. My 85 camaro had NO third brake light (from the factory this way) and if the previous owner of the subbie deleted the spoiler right, he would have welded the holes and repainted. Thus, leaving no evidence of a spoiler or third brake light for that matter. Not all cars have them.

They have since 1986 on passenger cars.

BOSS LX
06-25-2012, 12:56 AM
After seeing the dash cam, I side with the cops!

Irish
06-25-2012, 08:49 AM

Dash cam?

-stew-
06-25-2012, 03:36 PM

So since people with muscle cars are known to regularly drive like assholes, you are ok with being pulled over for no reason, getting arrested, getting assaulted and having your car impounded over some bullshit equipment violation?

BOSS LX
06-25-2012, 04:33 PM
So since people with muscle cars are known to regularly drive like assholes, you are ok with being pulled over for no reason, getting arrested, getting assaulted and having your car impounded over some bullshit equipment violation?

If I am driving in a pack of 20 muscle cars that know each other and a few of them taunt and run from the cops, I would expect to be hassled! Why do you think the dude on the bike had the camera rolling, they were all doing stupid shit putting lots of people at danger!

-stew-
06-25-2012, 09:14 PM
Where is the guy in question in that dash cam video? :popcorn

BOSS LX
06-25-2012, 10:10 PM
Where is the guy in question in that dash cam video? :popcorn

After seeing what his bro's were doing, I can see why the police wanted that footage. No sympathy for the squid with the Go Pro.

OxmanWI
06-25-2012, 10:19 PM
Wait, is the OP video the same as Yoo's dash video? Same day same crowd?

BOSS LX
06-25-2012, 10:39 PM

From what I understand, yes.

DynoTom
06-26-2012, 12:23 AM

If it is I would say blast those f**k sticks off the road !

spooln30
06-26-2012, 03:28 AM

I guess I should have explained the entire situation. It was about 12am and I just picked up my girl, so there was no traffic. I was heading south on 27th ST and stopped at a red light on Morgan, to also turn east on Morgan ave. Now the MPD was heading east on Morgan and WAS going to turn right (South bound) on 27th ST. There's a right turn lane there with a island, he stopped for the stop sign for 5-10 seconds then turned onto 27th but then turned left around the island, back onto Morgan ave pretty much petal to the metal. THEN the MPD turned right on 26th street and quickly busted a u-turn and waited for me to make my left turn into Morgan ave. So at this time I knew he wanted my ass but I played it cool. The fuck follows me all the way to 15th and Morgan then hits his lights and pulls me over. Mind you I don't drink or do any sort of drugs and have a DL so I drove normal and didn't do anything wrong. Soon as they come to my car he asks if I've been drinking. I tell him no. Then I asked why he pulled me over and he said, "well get to that". Then he asks why I was out, where I was going and I told him I just picked up my GF and was driving home. Dickhead says, " so where did you just buy your drugs from". I told him he was out of line and asked for his supervisor to come to the seen. I give him my DL and told him to run my name and to figure out why he pulled me over. 15 mins later he asks me to get out of my car and does field sobriety test and a bac test which I blew 0.00. I again asked for his supervisor and he got super pissed off and said I could sit back in ky car and shut the fuck up. It gets better, they pull my GF and I out of ky car again then search my car, just throwing everything around. I was pissed, very pissed. I wanted to tell him he had no right to do that but I kept my mouth shut cuz I knew he would just say I was obstructing and investigation and probably resisting. After being pulled over for almost 40 mins he hands me a ticket for no 3rd brake light and told me to have a nice fucking night. I filed a complaint and did get the ticket dropped. My uncle is a MPD and he told me they reviewed the dash cam and felt the cop was way out of line and he got suspended w/o pay.
Now who's fault was this? Certainly not mine. You only have to maintain a vehicles lighting if it was org installed at the factory. Mine wasn't and the spoiler didn't even have a brake light. The guy I bought the Subby from gave me it.

spooln30
06-26-2012, 03:33 AM
Oh yeah, until that night I never thought about the car not having a 3rd light. So I didn't buy a car knowing it was missing. Well it wasn't missing cuz it never had one. He didn't pull me over for the light, he pulled me over cuz he is a Dick.

Irish
06-26-2012, 07:55 AM
I guess I should have explained the entire situation. It was about 12am and I just picked up my girl, so there was no traffic. I was heading south on 27th ST and stopped at a red light on Morgan, to also turn east on Morgan ave. Now the MPD was heading east on Morgan and WAS going to turn right (South bound) on 27th ST. There's a right turn lane there with a island, he stopped for the stop sign for 5-10 seconds then turned onto 27th but then turned left around the island, back onto Morgan ave pretty much petal to the metal. THEN the MPD turned right on 26th street and quickly busted a u-turn and waited for me to make my left turn into Morgan ave. So at this time I knew he wanted my ass but I played it cool. The fuck follows me all the way to 15th and Morgan then hits his lights and pulls me over. Mind you I don't drink or do any sort of drugs and have a DL so I drove normal and didn't do anything wrong. Soon as they come to my car he asks if I've been drinking. I tell him no. Then I asked why he pulled me over and he said, "well get to that". Then he asks why I was out, where I was going and I told him I just picked up my GF and was driving home. Dickhead says, " so where did you just buy your drugs from". I told him he was out of line and asked for his supervisor to come to the seen. I give him my DL and told him to run my name and to figure out why he pulled me over. 15 mins later he asks me to get out of my car and does field sobriety test and a bac test which I blew 0.00. I again asked for his supervisor and he got super pissed off and said I could sit back in ky car and shut the fuck up. It gets better, they pull my GF and I out of ky car again then search my car, just throwing everything around. I was pissed, very pissed. I wanted to tell him he had no right to do that but I kept my mouth shut cuz I knew he would just say I was obstructing and investigation and probably resisting. After being pulled over for almost 40 mins he hands me a ticket for no 3rd brake light and told me to have a nice fucking night. I filed a complaint and did get the ticket dropped. My uncle is a MPD and he told me they reviewed the dash cam and felt the cop was way out of line and he got suspended w/o pay.
Now who's fault was this? Certainly not mine. You only have to maintain a vehicles lighting if it was org installed at the factory. Mine wasn't and the spoiler didn't even have a brake light. The guy I bought the Subby from gave me it.

Sounds like he was jealous that A. You had/have a GF and B. That you were out and about having fun that might while he had to work and continue hating his life and himself/self-loathing.

That_Guy
06-26-2012, 09:05 AM

Did he ask for the search? Some times when they run a plate and then cross reference the name on the plate if they don't look hard enough you can be pulling up the wrong person with the same name. Specially if you have a common name. I wonder what he considered his reasonable suspicion. A third brake light is hardly a segway into a drug stop but it is a reason to pull somebody over to do a plain view search. Maybe the neighborhood your in but still the officer would need to see some sort of handoff or something along the line of that. There are a few bad apples in mpd and some people there do things.... "their own way" vs how the law dictates it should be done.

brotherbenn83
06-26-2012, 11:24 AM

He stomped on some flowers? Weird...

BR3W CITY
06-26-2012, 12:36 PM
I remember a video of a kid in a civic from a long time ago where he flipped on the camera and caught a cop threatening him......goes to dig it up :) One thing that has always amazed me is that these videos ever surface...if your a criminal cop knowing full well you do illegal things why not just steal and break the camera? lol

The new GoPro HD HERo2 has "stream directly to web".....IF you ever get pulled over, start to stream....and HOPE your right. Otherwise you created evidence against yourself.

I got pulled over on 53rd and Silver spring in a 2year old Mazda3, with my gf. Car is bone stock (and fwiw, I'm obviously a white guy from 10000ft away). Cop said it was for front plate, but after seeing we were clean, he leaned on the car and kinda smiled (like I was in on the joke) and said "you know we pull 'em over for any reason we can in this neighborhood...cuz of all the bad stuff that goes on. Front plate is just a reason for a check, but no worries for you; have a good afternoon sir"
That is as verbatim as I can remember it...and everything that sounds like it was being implied, pretty much was. I've also been pulled over for being a white kid in a luxury car in a black neighborhood. According to the cop, I was either a drug dealer, or about to get robbed.....he said either way it was for my "safety" lol

spooln30
06-26-2012, 01:15 PM
He never said why he did the search and at that point I felt it best to keep my mouth shut or he would've arrested me for obstruction. He really had it out for me for some reason. Weird thing is that's a nice neighborhood so the drug trafficking area is probably out of the question. I once was stopped on Lisbon ave heading up to Silk. That time was with in reason for no front plate bit the cop asked me why I had exactly $175 on me and if I was coming into that area to buy cocaine. LOL. Some cops are just dicks.

spooln30
06-26-2012, 01:22 PM
You guys see or heard about this West Allis cop?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhZ2zLT43gk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Irish
06-26-2012, 02:32 PM
There are a few bad apples in mpd and some people there do things.... "their own way" vs how the law dictates it should be done.

That is the second time I heard that about MPD this week. The first time came from the mouth of an MPD officer.

Holeshot
06-26-2012, 04:23 PM
Never ever answer leading questions ever! Its a fishing expedition. Unless he has RAS he can not legally search. You did the right thing asking for a super. Invoking your 4th amendment right should have been your first sight after locking the car and taking the keys after being told to exit the vehicle.

pOrk
06-26-2012, 04:54 PM
You guys see or heard about this West Allis cop?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhZ2zLT43gk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Landlord granted permission to enter the property with an alarm going off, they can enter to make sure everything is ok as far as I know. This is a bullshit rumor going around town right now that WAPD broke into the skate shop. If the skateshop owner had anything on the police, he would have lawyer-ed up by now.

Also, here is another video out by the skate shop in question, this is about how serious you can take these guys on their claim to WAPD breaking and entering...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCdqqxQRDdQ&feature=related

That_Guy
06-26-2012, 06:33 PM
Landlord granted permission to enter the property with an alarm going off, they can enter to make sure everything is ok as far as I know. This is a bullshit rumor going around town right now that WAPD broke into the skate shop. If the skateshop owner had anything on the police, he would have lawyer-ed up by now.
Also, here is another video out by the skate shop in question, this is about how serious you can take these guys on their claim to WAPD breaking and entering...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCdqqxQRDdQ&feature=related
In Wisconsin if you pay rent the landlord cannot consent to entry. also they may have entered under community care taker if there where some sort of exigent circumstances

Yooformula
06-26-2012, 06:43 PM
in most cases when you sign the lease, you give them consent to enter with proper notice. I just had a fire inspection done without me present and all I got was a letter 24 hours earlier informing that they would be entering.

That_Guy
06-26-2012, 08:53 PM
in most cases when you sign the lease, you give them consent to enter with proper notice. I just had a fire inspection done without me present and all I got was a letter 24 hours earlier informing that they would be entering.

Landlords can not consent to search

pOrk
06-27-2012, 05:08 PM
When there is an alarm going off, they have the right to enter because thats what alarms are for. Just like a car alarm, if its going off and someone is inside a cop can stop you and question you / forcibly remove you from the vehicle if they have to...

That_Guy
06-27-2012, 10:51 PM
there is no expectation of privacy inside a vehicle. This is because the car is located in public setting on public roads. Thus plain view doctrine. Private place of business or home there is. So in a way your wrong.