PDA

View Full Version : got the stripes redone on the stang... heres what i got

Silver86
06-21-2012, 08:20 PM
took the car to a shop where i know they do good work. have had work done there before and it was more than satisfactory.

here are the results:

not bad...
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/blackaccordlx/IMGP7793.jpg

wait... wtf is this!?
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/blackaccordlx/IMGP7794.jpg

a seam?
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/blackaccordlx/IMGP7795.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/blackaccordlx/IMGP7796.jpg

guess i cant argue, considering it was done for free. the guy at the shop who does vinyl decided not to show up for work the past 2 days. so the car was there a total of 3 days... and this is what we get. pathetic.

wouldve done it myself, but i dont know the first thing about prepping and applying vinyl.

nismodave
06-21-2012, 08:33 PM
That looks like Dog Shit!

jbiscuit
06-21-2012, 08:49 PM
WOW that is horrible. You should out the shop so others know to avoid that place like the plague

Josepy
06-21-2012, 08:50 PM
Holy fuck. A greased back of dicks looks more appealing.

BR3W CITY
06-21-2012, 09:09 PM
One word.... Paint.

BigSnailBuick
06-21-2012, 09:11 PM
WTF is that.....looks like a swarm of flies had an orgy on clearcoat. Take it in and say if this is what I get for free just peel the shit off. See ya later

Z28Envy
06-21-2012, 09:12 PM
Did Forest go into the vinyl business?

xxtremeteam
06-21-2012, 09:47 PM
I know the shop it's by my house there work normally is amazing

GTSLOW
06-21-2012, 09:48 PM
Wait wait wait was the shops name Solaris Spektrum? Diana has moved onto vinyls awesome!!!

Silver86
06-21-2012, 10:07 PM
I know the shop it's by my house there work normally is amazing

i was completely flabbergasted when i walked up to the car. not sure how i feel about that shop now.

Reverend Cooper
06-21-2012, 10:09 PM
only cure for that is gas and a match

moels
06-21-2012, 10:53 PM
I hope you said something to Bill about it. If you did, I'm surprised he didn't have it re-done.

WilliamZ
06-21-2012, 11:23 PM
I'd be embarrassed being the owner of the shop and letting a car leave like that.

Silver86
06-22-2012, 06:04 AM
I hope you said something to Bill about it. If you did, I'm surprised he didn't have it re-done.

we did talk with Bill. he was the one that met us when we walked in to pick the car back up. he explained what happened and expressed that if we were displeased with the way it looked, they would have it redone. which more then likely will happen.

Prince Valiant
06-22-2012, 06:24 AM
he explained what happened and expressed that if we were displeased with the way it looked, they would have it redone. which more then likely will happen.It's sounds like they know it's a F-up and are willing to make it right...actually though, I simply would have said "We're redoing it" with no questions other than "when can you bring the car back?"

GTSLOW
06-22-2012, 06:53 AM
we did talk with Bill. he was the one that met us when we walked in to pick the car back up. he explained what happened and expressed that if we were displeased with the way it looked, they would have it redone. which more then likely will happen.

If you were displeased? He should have been displeased that something like that came out of his shop. :wtf

It's sounds like they know it's a F-up and are willing to make it right...actually though, I simply would have said "We're redoing it" with no questions other than "when can you bring the car back?"

Yes but if this guy has any type of real business ethic why even let something like that leave the fucking shop? If your vinyl guy was out for however long call the customer and tell them. Don't leave them hanging only to let a shit job get done and pass it off as partially acceptable.

Silver86
06-22-2012, 07:06 AM
Yes but if this guy has any type of real business ethic why even let something like that leave the fucking shop? If your vinyl guy was out for however long call the customer and tell them. Don't leave them hanging only to let a shit job get done and pass it off as partially acceptable.

yeah... i dont understand either. we didnt get a call on tuesday to let us know what the situation was. i had to call just to find out that the guy didnt come in... both days actually (tuesday and wednesday). thursday was the only day we got a call... saying that the car was done.

wouldve left the car there if i wouldve seen the workmanship and we didnt actually need the car for the weekend. didnt get a chance to take a close look till we got home. the guy who did the work gave my wife some BS that he had trouble re-applying the new stripe and that the bubbles would go away with time.

really dont know what to do at this point... do i take it back and risk another shitty job?

Irish
06-22-2012, 07:08 AM
yeah... i dont understand either. we didnt get a call on tuesday to let us know what the situation was. i had to call just to find out that the guy didnt come in... both days actually (tuesday and wednesday). thursday was the only day we got a call... saying that the car was done.

wouldve left the car there if i wouldve seen the workmanship and we didnt actually need the car for the weekend. didnt get a chance to take a close look till we got home. the guy who did the work gave my wife some BS that he had trouble re-applying the new stripe and that the bubbles would go away with time.

really dont know what to do at this point... do i take it back and risk another shitty job?

Take it back, get a refund. Have someone else do it.

jbiscuit
06-22-2012, 07:25 AM
^ This! They had their chance at doing the job. They eff'd it up so now you take the car to a shop that takes pride in their work and wants you business. I don't care what the situation is, you don't turn out shit work. Ever.

BoosTT
06-22-2012, 08:11 AM
That is BAD!

michelle
06-22-2012, 08:20 AM
guess i cant argue, considering it was done for free. the guy at the shop who does vinyl decided not to show up for work the past 2 days. so the car was there a total of 3 days... and this is what we get. pathetic.

Take it back, get a refund. Have someone else do it.

moels
06-22-2012, 08:25 AM
Putting vinyl on a car is not rocket science, it's actually fairly simple to do. I can't believe they would let that leave the shop. I've had stuff painted there in the past and the work was always great. Why would a guy chance bad word of mouth over a simple job like this is beyond me.

Irish
06-22-2012, 08:57 AM
Well I guess you can't refund free lol!

Rip the shit off.. Pay to have someone do it right.

Irish
06-22-2012, 09:02 AM
Putting vinyl on a car is not rocket science.

I agree. Personally, I think it's easier than tinting. I have attempted both with great results. I found that not being in a hurry and a little forethought goes a long way!

On the other hand, I have witnessed vinyl stickers that looked worse because they didn't clean the car, use a soapy solution and a spray bottle for application purposes. They just stuck them on like it was a static cling sticker.

Silver86
06-22-2012, 09:59 AM
got an update to fill some holes.

wife talked with Bill, sounds like their regular guy for doing vinyl never showed up to begin with, so they just had some lacky do a rush job so they wouldnt have to hold onto the car for addional days. explains the shitty job.

also, upon taking closer look at the work area, the looks to be cuts in the clear coat from trimming the excess (you can feel them with your finger nail).

Josepy
06-22-2012, 10:02 AM
got an update to fill some holes.

wife talked with Bill, sounds like their regular guy for doing vinyl never showed up to begin with, so they just had some lacky do a rush job so they wouldnt have to hold onto the car for addional days. explains the shitty job.

also, upon taking closer look at the work area, the looks to be cuts in the clear coat from trimming the excess (you can feel them with your finger nail).

Your paint clear coat? Are you fucking kidding me? Sounds like the free job just got expensive for them.

moels
06-22-2012, 10:09 AM
There should be no reason to trim the vinyl on the car! That's just retarded! This just keeps getting worse for them. Don't let it go, make them make it right or make them pay. That's bullshit!

Prince Valiant
06-22-2012, 10:26 AM
Yes but if this guy has any type of real business ethic why even let something like that leave the fucking shop?Perhaps because people sometimes need their car and holding onto it (because of their "real business ethic") is far less convenient than giving the customer the opportunity to take their car and schedule a more convenient time for them...knowing that it's all a hassle anyways. It's not like this is a safety issue where letting them drive off would actually be unethical.

Silver86
06-22-2012, 10:30 AM
Bill said they would take care of everything. He also said they will do what ever possible to make this right.

things are looking up.

Silver86
06-22-2012, 10:32 AM
There should be no reason to trim the vinyl on the car! That's just retarded! This just keeps getting worse for them. Don't let it go, make them make it right or make them pay. That's bullshit!

i could be wrong, but thats what it looks like to me. very fine, straight cuts that are around the edges of the vinyl that you can feel with your finger nail.

BoosTT
06-22-2012, 12:23 PM
This got interesting.

GTSLOW
06-22-2012, 03:11 PM
Damn that really sucks about the clear.

Silver86
07-17-2012, 12:13 PM
stripes have been re-done and look amazing!

now time to get it detailed.

Prince Valiant
07-17-2012, 12:29 PM
stripes have been re-done and look amazing!

now time to get it detailed.what all needed to be done to get it right?

Flicktitty
07-17-2012, 05:47 PM
That was a pretty shitty job, Any pics of the "after"

moels
07-17-2012, 05:51 PM
More details.........I want to know what was up with the cut marks.

awsomeears
07-17-2012, 05:53 PM
When you clearly fuck up you simply say " We messed up and we will redo it, I wont even show you the finished product " but give us a few more days....

Fuck get a refund and go elsewhere !!!

Silver86
07-17-2012, 08:41 PM
More details.........I want to know what was up with the cut marks.

was told that the guy who does the stripes would take care of the cuts.

only thing is, is that they are still there. while not as noticeable this time around.

too dark to take pics, i will take some this weekend.

we ended up getting the whole car re-done. was looking over the stripes on the hood the other day and noticed some tearing.

car actually looks better with wider stripes (12" vs 9.25") and theyre actually evenly spaced this time.

hrsp
07-18-2012, 05:36 PM
cant wait to see pics...glad its fixed for ya

97z2801ss
07-18-2012, 07:59 PM
I seen a car a dealer ship that was a few years old with red stripes vinyled on there and it did not look that good so when I got mine done I went with paint, vinyl is cheaper but fades and if not done right gets bubbles and doesnt look right.... I am glad the shop fixed it for you.

The Shaolin
07-23-2012, 07:53 AM
Pics!

Silver86
07-26-2012, 07:35 PM
Been dragging my feet and just returned from a business trip to Ohio.

I'll snap some pics soon.

eric302
07-26-2012, 08:09 PM
Some pinstripes next to the wide stripes would really set that off.