PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to go to GLD Thursday evening? 06/21/2012 - Slicks Only Night 5-10pm

twicks69
06-20-2012, 08:02 PM
Going down to the track in "street" trim to do some passes, anyone else want to go down and do some passes or chat it up? Hoping to do some better 9's on low boost.

lilws6
06-20-2012, 08:24 PM
I really want to go but i still need a few things before i get down to gld with my slicks :)

wheelsofsteel
06-22-2012, 08:07 AM
Hope everything is alright. Sounded and looked like major damage but thought I seen it driving thru the pits there after.

The Shaolin
06-22-2012, 08:26 AM
Uh-oh.

twicks69
06-22-2012, 11:56 AM
Stripped the splines off of my passenger side inner axle cup and wrecked my RALLIART rear diff (insanely rare part with only one or two others in the usa).

I checked the diff at the track and saw the splines were toast, but the car has a spool in the center diff so I was still able to drive it home.

Tim Zimmer - TMZ Performance
Sent from Evo Phone via Tapatalk2

BigSnailBuick
06-22-2012, 09:16 PM
I must say....you are one DSM enthusiast that just doesnt give up. Break after break after break lol

Stripped the splines off of my passenger side inner axle cup and wrecked my RALLIART rear diff (insanely rare part with only one or two others in the usa).

I checked the diff at the track and saw the splines were toast, but the car has a spool in the center diff so I was still able to drive it home.

twicks69
06-23-2012, 03:42 AM
LOL, you aren't kidding, I think I have broken every single part on the car at least once, and I am on motor #3, turbo #16, trans #21, clutch #15 or so, etc. Lol. The brake booster, dash, gauge cluster, and chassis/interior panels are the only original parts on the car that I know of; I have broken or replaced every other part or fastener on the car in the last decade + of ownership.

Not giving up. I want 9.0-9.2's on pump gas on the lowest boost setting in a 3200# car in street trim.