PDA

View Full Version : Best options after car accident...

Memphis
06-13-2012, 11:07 PM
Last night my wife was rearended a block from home and totalled her car. She was stopped with a signal on to turn onto our street and was blasted in the right rear. Spun the car completely around into the other lane of traffic. Hit her so hard it twisted her seat frame, buckled the roof of the car and totally demolished the rear of the car. Took her to the hospital, nothing broken just ALOT of pain and bruising. We have liability on the car, no comp or collision due to the age of the car and apparently he had insurance too. The other driver was arrested although I dont know for what until I get the report. My question is...whats my best course of action next? Never dealt with an accident before so this is new for me. Already started a claim with my insurance for medical stuff but until the report is done I kinda am on hold. Any suggestions?
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd67/memphis0703/gp%20crash/gp1.jpg

Reverend Cooper
06-13-2012, 11:16 PM
call david gruber law offices tell him mike cooper at andrew toyota referred you he will handle it all for you

awsomeears
06-13-2012, 11:47 PM
Matt everytime I turn east from hwy32 I'm waiting to get smashed, people just fly on that road !!!

Glad to hear its bumps and bruises, could have been worse, hope she recovers quick !

Irish
06-14-2012, 10:26 AM
Last night my wife was rearended a block from home and totalled her car. She was stopped with a signal on to turn onto our street and was blasted in the right rear. Spun the car completely around into the other lane of traffic. Hit her so hard it twisted her seat frame, buckled the roof of the car and totally demolished the rear of the car. Took her to the hospital, nothing broken just ALOT of pain and bruising. We have liability on the car, no comp or collision due to the age of the car and apparently he had insurance too. The other driver was arrested although I dont know for what until I get the report. My question is...whats my best course of action next? Never dealt with an accident before so this is new for me. Already started a claim with my insurance for medical stuff but until the report is done I kinda am on hold. Any suggestions?
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd67/memphis0703/gp%20crash/gp1.jpg

I am glad to hear that Becky is going to be okay! Thank God, because it could have been worse!

If he has insurance, his insurance should cover all medical costs and the value of the vehicle since it is probably going to be totaled. Shitty part is, let's say it wasn't totaled, the value of an older grand prix is probably less than what it would cost to repair, so they would probably total it anyway.

Cool thing is, If it were say a SC GTP, you could buy it back and yank the drivetrain :)

Holeshot
06-14-2012, 10:30 AM
Yeah Mikes right. or Mike Hupy . The main thing is DO NOT talk to the other drivers insurance company at all. They will record phone calls.... Take your time get the best medical care for Becky and let your attorney handle everything. It could take some time to settle but in the end its worth it. You and Becky have enough shit to worry about. Side note. Glad it wasn't the Camaro.

noeggs4u
06-14-2012, 12:05 PM
Call gruber

Memphis
06-14-2012, 12:11 PM
I guess that's kind of my dilemma. Do I want to deal with a lawyer or......

GTSLOW
06-14-2012, 12:35 PM
The main thing is DO NOT talk to the other drivers insurance company at all. They will record phone calls....

Holeshot
06-14-2012, 12:47 PM
Why would you not want to. They wont take a case if they cant win. Besides what if something shows up a few weeks down the road. Pinched Nerve ....... Don't play that Protect your family.

michelle
06-14-2012, 12:49 PM
Definitely find a lawyer.

SSDude
06-14-2012, 01:58 PM
It really depends on your comfort level in dealing with insurance companies. I've done it both ways.
If you feel you have the moxy and the time to play lawyer with people who whould shit on their Grandmother to save their company a dime you can do it yourself. Sometimes its easier to let the Lawyer advise you and handle all the BS.

jbiscuit
06-14-2012, 02:10 PM
I would get a lawyer to handle. You'll get what is owed you at least. Like said earlier they won't take a case they can't win anyways

b4mytm
06-14-2012, 05:52 PM
I always look behind me to make sure everybody sees me while turning onto my street too. Sucks that it was so close to home. I really liked that car.....but I am glad it wasn't the Camaro either.

Irish
06-14-2012, 06:35 PM
I always look behind me to make sure everybody sees me while turning onto my street too. Sucks that it was so close to home. I really liked that car.....but I am glad it wasn't the Camaro either.

Don't most accidents occur within 2 miles of home or work?

Car Guy
06-14-2012, 10:27 PM
Get a laywer for sure Matt. The sooner the better and talk to nobody but YOUR insurance company until then.

DirtyMax
06-15-2012, 10:45 AM
Like others have said, calling a lawyer is a must. Gruber seems like a bulldog. You will be entitled to compensation. Once again, glad everything is OK considering the impact!

BoosTT
06-17-2012, 08:11 PM
What time was it. I would suspect the other driver was intoxicated, since they got arrested. Your nuts if you don't contact legal representation.- -

Memphis
06-19-2012, 10:41 PM
happened around 4:30. Letters started arriving on the mail today which would tell me the report is ready. Will get the report and make some calls when I have that information.

Rocket Power
06-20-2012, 01:12 AM
What time was it. I would suspect the other driver was intoxicated, since they got arrested. -Or they could've had a warrrant.

pOrk
06-21-2012, 05:18 PM
Get a lawyer, I HATE to see it but everyone I know that doesn't gets the run around by the insurance company and it takes months to get a payment. With a lawyer you might get some on top but the best part about it is they deal with all the BS for you.

Good luck, and hope you are back to 100% in no time Becky

BigSnailBuick
06-21-2012, 09:12 PM
Hupy was a pleasure to work with.

Holeshot
06-22-2012, 07:23 AM
Hupy was a pleasure to work with.

Agreed ! I used them. Very professional always kept me informed. You need to hang on to every receipt no matter how small.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2