PDA

View Full Version : Keeping a car to long?

Gregor
06-12-2012, 09:33 PM
So the brakes failed in the Focus,(thank god it was noticed as soon as my wife backed the car out of the drive) its old and now I believe it starting to nickle and dime to death.

In this year alone I replaced the Central Timing Mod, fuel pump, blower motor, wheel bearings, and the ignition coil pack.

Now I have to replace all the brake lines.

When do you call it quits and just get rid of a car? The brake lines are the only thing left to replace on the brake system. This focus doesn't have ABS.

Prince Valiant
06-12-2012, 10:01 PM
So the brakes failed in the Focus,(thank god it was noticed as soon as my wife backed the car out of the drive) its old and now I believe it starting to nickle and dime to death.

In this year alone I replaced the Central Timing Mod, fuel pump, blower motor, wheel bearings, and the ignition coil pack.

Now I have to replace all the brake lines.

When do you call it quits and just get rid of a car? The brake lines are the only thing left to replace on the brake system. This focus doesn't have ABS.Time to get rid of it...

...on a similar note, how much would you be willing to take for it? I've got a friend who desperately needs a car, and I want my wrangler back (he's been borrowing it off me :mad: )

but seriously...you've kept the car too long :goof

GTSLOW
06-12-2012, 10:48 PM
Depends what ya get out of it imo. Good example being my tdi. Just replaced the radiator, ac condensor, tires, clutch, and the brakes. But I deeply enjoy my 40mpg city/900mile tanks. Something like a base model focus probably better suited finishing its life on CL. :)

Gregor
06-27-2012, 06:40 PM
Uggghhh it last one more year darking my driveway like a bad oil spot. Replaced both front brake hard lines, both brake hoses, rotors, calipers, pads and flushed it all out with ATE Super Blue. I know it old a, 2000 with no ABS system.

I will prob just sell it once I get a better truck to replace my F-150. At least I will get more for a safe car that drives.