PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to Summerfest this year?

srt4eh
06-09-2012, 01:37 PM
If so...who are you going to go see? We are coming up to see the Foo Fighters on the 28th and then will be back the next day to see Sue DaBaco & Double Down on the Potawatomi Stage...she's awesome. Blues/Rock/etc...good times. Right after that on the Harley stage is the US Army Field Band "The Volunteers"....I know I'm a band nerd but they'll put on an amazing show as well.

JOHN 86GT
06-09-2012, 03:19 PM
Iron Maiden (hopefully)

jbiscuit
06-09-2012, 05:25 PM
Cake!!!

JC70SS
06-09-2012, 05:30 PM
haven't been there in 10 yrs and not going back. State fair only.

lilws6
06-10-2012, 01:34 PM
going to see skillet maybe more but skillet for sure they always have a good show

easytoremember
06-10-2012, 02:10 PM
Probably go see Robyn and Tiesto

Korndogg
06-10-2012, 02:43 PM
I didn't even realize Tiesto was coming. I've listened to him for a looooong time. Saw him in Chicago for a 6 hour concert.

easytoremember
06-10-2012, 03:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knnzXHKVjvo

Tiesto is something else...

I'm a big Kaskade fan too, I'm liking Robyn more and more I hear her too...

Summerfest is really branching out to other genres this year, not just pop and country it seems.

WhatsADSM
06-10-2012, 04:54 PM
Cake!!!
No kidding. I had no idea they were going to be thetr this year, must hwve missed that when u scanned through the lineup. Thanks for the heads up!

Also want to see sublime with Rome.

BoosTT
06-11-2012, 09:06 AM
Also want to see sublime with Rome.

Do you think they'll preform some "classic" sublime songs? I'm on the fence about going to this one.

Otherwise, I think ZZtop would be fun.

WhatsADSM
06-11-2012, 09:44 AM
Do you think they'll preform some "classic" sublime songs? I'm on the fence about going to this one.

Otherwise, I think ZZtop would be fun.

I hope so!

I thought I remember reading somewhere that they blend their new stuff with some of the classics. So here's to hoping for half a set list of classics!

BR3W CITY
06-11-2012, 09:59 AM
Probably go see Robyn and Tiesto

Problem is that Tiesto will only get a 1-1.5hr set, which is like HALF of ONE of his Magik/ISS type "sets"...he just has TOO much content for a regulated show like that....plus he doesn't bring half the lighting rigs from his tour......and rolling hard at summerfest isn't preferable imo.

I will say that if Sublime plays classic stuff, that will be THE show of the whole event.

easytoremember
06-11-2012, 08:01 PM
so it's not an idea place to see him... so? Better than listening to most crap that plays at summerfest.

BR3W CITY
06-12-2012, 08:24 AM
^ I agree its not ideal, save the $12 + beer + ride + food, and skip summerfest.

The unfortunate part is that I just looked at JamBase and there are VERY few good shows. There are a handful of decent jam shows, with Phish coming to alpine again, Cosmic Railroad and the Garcia Gathering up in river falls; fun for the event but you have to be into that kinda thing.

5FDP w/ Killswitch engage in july, if your into metal type shows.

Very little house/dnb/dstep etc shows that are anything to mention. I want Borgore to come again.

The Shaolin
06-12-2012, 08:54 AM
I scored a free ticket for opening day a few months back through the summerfest site...right where they stack all the crap shows. Hahahaha.

I'm going to the Foo Fighters the next day, the Hives the day after that, then probably Cake the next weekend. Maybe Fountains of Wayne if I'm free on the 4th.

I've already seen the Hives at the rave, and Fountains of Wayne twice before (once at summerfest). Good stuff.

BoosTT
06-12-2012, 11:51 AM
I scored a free ticket for opening day a few months back through the summerfest site...right where they stack all the crap shows. .

Same here. Not sure if I want to pay the $9 for the park and ride to get there. The line up is so poor opening day. Maybe the fireworks would make up for it.

srt4eh
06-12-2012, 07:12 PM
I scored a free ticket for opening day a few months back through the summerfest site...right where they stack all the crap shows. Hahahaha.

I'm going to the Foo Fighters the next day, the Hives the day after that, then probably Cake the next weekend. Maybe Fountains of Wayne if I'm free on the 4th.

I've already seen the Hives at the rave, and Fountains of Wayne twice before (once at summerfest). Good stuff.

Where are you sitting for the Foos? I saw them in St Louis and it was an amazing show...best concert I've ever been to

mrz28M6
06-12-2012, 10:02 PM
Will definitely be seeing Skillet!!! Two hot chicks that play guitar and drums!