PDA

View Full Version : bwwahahahahahahaha! Need a tissue!!!

CATNHAT
06-06-2012, 12:50 PM
Wambulance Code RED!!!!!!!
jy8FSyI_Djg

WhatsADSM
06-06-2012, 01:24 PM
Dead I tell you!

Irish
06-06-2012, 01:26 PM
Lmfao!!!!

Prince Valiant
06-06-2012, 01:45 PM
I personally think the guy was channeling Bill Paxton in "Aliens" just sub Game over for democracy's dead, and it sounds the same:

"Game over man! Game over!"

_Xm1XErUvXo

CATNHAT
06-06-2012, 02:01 PM
V8lT1o0sDwI

BOSS LX
06-06-2012, 03:07 PM
lol

Gregor
06-06-2012, 04:23 PM
V8lT1o0sDwI
lol that's one of the best parts of the movie

We were out spent..... lol

nismodave
06-06-2012, 06:07 PM
Awesome!

Wagonbacker9
06-06-2012, 06:21 PM
What he fails to realize is that the democratic process not resulting in the minority getting their way.. is in fact NOT the death of democracy. I know its hard to wrap your head around... but..

As for the 34-4 mil being outspent... If the whole issue was about money, then I guess I will counter with this: balanced budget.

That is all.

Prince Valiant
06-06-2012, 07:30 PM
As for the 34-4 mil being outspent... Well, here's the thing:

He's simply citing how much walker raised versus how much Barret raised for their own campaign war chest.

I would be very surprised if either spent their whole war chest, since they can hold the money for future and other campaigns. Instead, I would guess walker probably spent less than 20 million but right now, no one knows what barret actually spent. But here is the thing...the 4 million cited raised by barret was not including the some 14-16 million he raised directly in donations from unions (They just don't like to cite the fact that a good chunk of that money came from people who would not have chosen to give that kind of cash on their own)...

...so while it's true, Walker raised 30-some-odd million, Barret raised some 18-20 million. So if he had that amount, do you really think he only spent 3?

I didn't think so.

I had heard on election day that it was estimated that ~ 65 million was being spent in the recall effort by both campaigns and ancillary groups. So let's say that Walker spent 20 million and Barret spent 12 million, that means that roughly the same amount again was spent by outside groups such as "Wisconsin club for growth", various unions from WEAC, AFL-CIO, AFSCME, Wisconsin chamber of commerce, etc, etc, etc likely spent the other 33-35 million balance, each with their own preference.

While I would agree that the winning side outspent the loosing side, it will be a while before we know what the actual breakdown is and what the disparity comes to...and I doubt it'd be in the ratio that the crybaby cited.

I will say this though...MOST people's minds were made up LONG before anyone spent dollar 1 on this recall...so whatever the spending, it's not like we're vapid commercial sponges that soak up whoever spends the most and their message...I mean, the edsel was the most heavily marketed car of it's time and it was a flop. We're not as stupid as some would like to believe...