PDA

View Full Version : CompTIA Network+ Certification

stucki
06-01-2012, 02:32 AM
N10-005 exam is a required one for CompTIA Network+ Certification. What is the best way for me to pass the test? Anyone get certifed?

SSDude
06-01-2012, 04:57 AM
Take a class and take the test. Done

michelle
06-01-2012, 06:10 AM
Join BCM. It's the solution to all of your problems.

Oh wait, you did!

animal
06-01-2012, 07:22 AM
Do people still take that and the a+ certs? lol.

Rocket Power
06-01-2012, 07:50 AM
Odd first post on a car site.

Car Guy
06-01-2012, 09:51 AM
Good for that, talk you soon.

Prince Valiant
06-01-2012, 09:59 AM
welcome...cool ride.

British_Ben
06-01-2012, 11:31 AM
Do people still take that and the a+ certs? lol.

Lol, absolutely. Dot matrix printers and NetBios FTW!

animal
06-01-2012, 01:26 PM
Lol, absolutely. Dot matrix printers and NetBios FTW!

Don't forget batch files :)

bikedad
06-01-2012, 01:48 PM
Make sure your DNS is resolving. You can't pass the test if your DNS does not resolve.
You can check with ipconfig cuz that tells you whether or not your DNS is set.
Then you can verify if your DNS resolves or not by pinging the IP address of a resolved DNS to see if your DNS resolves or not for resolving the DNS.
Okay?

Nickerz
06-04-2012, 10:29 AM
I'm not an IT professional, but it is my understanding that those certs don't hold any water anymore, even for most entry level positions without either experience to supplement it or other more respected certs. Maybe jump right to MCSE?

animal
06-04-2012, 11:30 AM
I'm not an IT professional, but it is my understanding that those certs don't hold any water anymore, even for most entry level positions without either experience to supplement it or other more respected certs. Maybe jump right to MCSE?

Its funny tho cuz they're all basic shit that anyone in IT should know, yet many that I've come across can't even troubleshoot something as simple as a bios problem. I've seen it with and without these certs. Personally I could give a shit what certs someone has all the way to the top of the certs. They don't mean shit to me and in 90% of cases the people don't even know what the certs they have should've taught. Experience and ability to demonstrate their application of knowledge is the only thing I can go off of... and most IT candidates can't do it even close to a satisfactory level. Its to the point where I just want to ignore anyone that calls them selves an "IT professional" :rolf

bikedad
06-04-2012, 12:19 PM
The OP is asking questions regarding Network+ certification which relates to network connectivity, switch protocol, LAN/WAN configuration etc.
It's really not related to A+ Cert but more than likely he's on the path for computer/network administration.
These certs mean nothing to me when I'm looking to hire. It's up to me to know what I need out of a prospective employee. I need to ask the pertinent questions that will show me if the person being interviewed really knows his stuff.
I personally know of a teacher who teaches A+ and Network+ and they can't troubleshoot their way out of a paper bag with sharp scissors. In their mind they think they're Gods gift to IT. This is the kind of person teaching these students.
Being book smart only helps to answer the multiple choice questions. If someone wants to really learn then roll your sleeves up and dive into the actual process. Buy some old computers, switches, routers and network them. Break it and try and fix it. You will become invaluable. You will then be on your way to becoming an "IT Professional" but the learning never ends.