PDA

View Full Version : 1973 Pontiac LeMans $5000 obo

LEWETHETIGER73
05-29-2012, 06:59 PM
have a 1973 Pontiac Lemans 2 door. CAR DOESN'T HAVE A MOTOR OR TRANS. But for the right price I can include a 455 motor out of a 71 bonniville. But here is the ad.

I have owned the car for the last 9-10 years. Unfortunately I do not have the time or money to finish the car. All it needs is a motor and tranny. I have the driveshaft back. and since it is gm, just about anything will fit in there even a LS motor!

If anyone has ever tried to build a 73 Lemans the difficult parts are all there. The car has only 32,xxx ORIGINAL miles on the body and the interior truly shows it. The interior is almost all original with only 2 sections of fabric replaced with original fabric. only interior issues is the horn button popped off. I do have replacement parts for this.

The body has an older repaint and a new vynil top that was about 9 years now. All the chrome is in excellent shape. About 4-6 years ago my garage was broken into and those bastards scratched it. Nothing serious but there is a scratch in the driver side rear qtr. Barely noticable upon first or second glance but I know it's there and I won't hide or mislead anyone. Car looks great to me from 10' back and almost everyone else says I am too critical.

Mechanically the car is solid. Originaly it was a 350 v8 turbo 350 trans 1 wheel wonder. I will include a complete posi rear end from a 73 grand am. A/C car.The rear brakes were re adjusted last summer and the front brakes were replaced ( pads and rotors) same time. Radiator is a new 4 row, battery is older but works, I think it is about 5 years. I have replaced the stock front sway bar with a 1" gto sway bar with poly urethane bushings with grease able fittings. Exhaust is still hooked up and in place from about 1-2' in front of an x-pipe (2 1/4) back to 2 flowmaster delta 40 series mufflers. They have about 10,xxx miles. The car does have dual exhaust but left tail pipe is off for a sleeper look. I do have it and it will be included. The car has 15" ralleye II with bf goodrich tires that are still great in condition. And yes I have done a burnout or two :) and there is a plug in 1 of the tires.

EXTRAS: These are included. Spare decklid with electric release and button. 1973 grand am/ lemans complete posi rear end. And rear sway bar from a gto. stock front sway bars, original hub-caps. build sheet, all the original a/c stuff and brackets, alternator, starter, valve covers, timing cover, chrome air filter w/ k&n filter and a box of random extra parts. And anything else I can find to go with it.

I am sure I am missing stuff. This car has been a part of me for almost a decade and I have taken great care of it and enjoyed every minute of it. Hopefully you will enjoy too.

More pictures can be found here: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v652/LEWETHETIGER73/1973%20LeMans/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ24
Any questions feel free to call me for additional questions. Larry 414-416-5393

Irish
05-29-2012, 07:52 PM
Tough sell for that price. Glws!

Wagonbacker9
05-29-2012, 08:10 PM
I'll sell you a TBI 350 to put in there for cheap once I get it replaced.. I believe all you'd need to make it run in there is a HEI dizzy, intake, and a carb.

LEWETHETIGER73
05-29-2012, 09:28 PM
The price is fair for someone that is looking for this style car. Trying to redo interior and exterior you will easily spend more then what I am asking.

And if I had money to install another motor and trans I don't think I would sell it!

Wagonbacker9
05-29-2012, 09:53 PM
A th350 can't be that expensive...

http://racine.craigslist.org/ptd/2986994731.html

So with that, you could have it up and running for about a grand... and thats assuming you don't score a deal on an intake and carb.. which can't be that hard.

Flight_740
05-29-2012, 10:01 PM
I love this car. Growing up my dad had 2 73 Grand am's. My first car was a 73 Grand Am with 400 BB and factory 4 speed. If I had not just bought the vette, I would buy this car in a heartbeat. IMO $5000 is to low if it's clean. But this car does hold a place with me.

You drove by my dads house in Mukwonago a few years ago and my heart skipped a beat. Beautiful car. Don't just sell it. Make sure somebody who really likes it, gets it. These are a rare breed.

LEWETHETIGER73
05-30-2012, 06:07 AM
Thanks, and hopefully I will keep it local!

Irish
05-30-2012, 08:29 AM
Thanks, and hopefully I will keep it local!

Hopefully, you can eventually come up with the money to do a 455/th400 and won't have to sell it.

Definitely a niche market.

LEWETHETIGER73
05-30-2012, 08:20 PM
I had a 455 and I didn't like the slower revs then my old 350. So I pulled it in the hopes of doing a 400 with an overdrive tranny to some fun gears. But with my work being so slow and the family bills... priorities have changed. But thats life. I found a couple guys that would make a great home for it. So I'll give them a great deal and see what happens.

Flight_740
05-30-2012, 08:48 PM
I had a 455 and I didn't like the slower revs then my old 350. So I pulled it in the hopes of doing a 400 with an overdrive tranny to some fun gears. But with my work being so slow and the family bills... priorities have changed. But thats life. I found a couple guys that would make a great home for it. So I'll give them a great deal and see what happens.

I like that idea.

I don't understand why so many of these cars a gone. I was at guses about 2 weeks ago and a guy had a mint 73 GTO. The rarest of all GTO's.

If I had the extra funds, this car would be in my dads driveway with a big bow around it. Of course it would have a Big block in it too.