PDA

View Full Version : Why do people only remember the World Trade Centers on Sept 11?

Yooformula
09-10-2004, 10:04 PM
Such a horrible event should be on our minds all the time IMO. I think too many people forget that day and how it changed this country and I dont believe that it should be put on the back burner all year long. People were reminded of Pearl Harbor daily until the war was finished and I think that to some extent the media should be keeping those images out there on the news for people to never forget what happened on Sept 11. IMO, if more people were reminded of what happened day, I bet a hell of alot more people would be telling Kerry to piss off.

Everyday since that day I have thought about watching those images on tv not just because I had friends that died and that were there, not just because I grew up in that area and adore NYC but because that was a defining moment in my life in this country just as our parents/grandparents were during Pearl Harbor. I think its fu(king disgusting that the only time that day is aired on the media is the day before and the day of the incident.

My how people forget. Fu(king pu$$ies!

Sorry about the rant! NOT :mad:

Al
09-10-2004, 10:08 PM
Too much of a bad thing will make a situation worse. You have probably heard the song with the part about showing it every day. Showing it too much will either cause rage or lack of interest: two extremes. Then again, showing it too little will cause people to forget, not care, or become paranoid. I still see the images on the 24/7 news channels almost daily.

Yooformula
09-10-2004, 10:10 PM
Anyone that loses interest in watching our country get attacked needs their balls removed. plain and simple, those that cant watch can also change the channel. But for the complacent many, they need reminders.

I do notice that radio stations have no problems playing songs condemning our government and accusing them of orchestrating the hits. Is that ok? Or is that too much for some people?

ChevelleBabe88
09-10-2004, 10:13 PM
Yeah it is a bunch of bullshiat! at school they talk about all the other stuff except for that!! even when it happened the teachers never even talked about cuz they didn't want cuz they thought it would ruin the mood of the happy school :rolleyes: fock that! they should have let everyone speak their mind about it at my school cuz i can tell ya this no one was happy at my school when 9/11 happened...or anybody for that matter.

Scales
09-11-2004, 10:06 PM
Found this clip on another sight. It's a VERY fitting video for this topic!!!

http://www.big-boys.com/articles/911trib.html

02hawk796
09-12-2004, 01:30 PM
You all should be ashamed of yourselves for implying JF'inK isn't patriotic.

Yoo, maybe you didn't get the memo.

While the unbiased and fair & balanced MainStreamMedia Wing of the Democrat Party is campaigning for their poster boy JF'inKedwards, they can't let you recall those things, it might help that EEEvil GWB steal another election away from the superior liberal elitists who would just as soon poop on you. We can't have that, which is why ridiculous forgeries are displayed by the best "news shows" money (or corruption) can buy. You are not supposed to be thinking thoughts all on your own lonesome volition - that's just un-American and unpatriotic of you. You need to tune back into Blather's shows on CBS and only think about the issues that they tell you to think about. Then evewy ting wiw be aww better. They are the only ones who know what is best for you.

They have medications to treat your problem.

Umm, did it bother you at all that the U.S. Media spent those few hours, and the following 3 years referring to all those people who jumped as "falling debris"?

Yooformula
09-12-2004, 02:16 PM

Umm, did it bother you at all that the U.S. Media spent those few hours, and the following 3 years referring to all those people who jumped as "falling debris"?

Dont even get me started on that!!

Btw, what brings you to the Franklin area? I see you pulling down my street quite a bit lately.

SlowStee
09-12-2004, 04:53 PM
i never liked the media, they piss me off by simply jumping all over murder/death stories, and in a way glorify........i dont bother watching any coverage of 9/11 really.......i know what happened, i know how i feel.......F the media....................im gonan take my muscle relaxintineint/ vikadin stuff ass to bed......goodbye

Syclone0044
09-12-2004, 06:43 PM
Umm, did it bother you at all that the U.S. Media spent those few hours, and the following 3 years referring to all those people who jumped as "falling debris"? I don't get it?? (Really) What is this about? :confused
It seemed to me like those people above the floor of the jet collision jumped because perhaps instant certain death was a better way to go than to await being burned to death, they said on PBS the stairways were blocked off at least in one of the towers.. I dunno..

Scales
09-12-2004, 07:47 PM

Maybe I missed the part where I said anything political...

Yooformula
09-12-2004, 10:36 PM
I don't get it?? (Really) What is this about? :confused
It seemed to me like those people above the floor of the jet collision jumped because perhaps instant certain death was a better way to go than to await being burned to death, they said on PBS the stairways were blocked off at least in one of the towers.. I dunno..

He was referring to the fact that alot of media stations were referring to those PEOPLE as debris and not desperate humans that jumped to their death as a result of an aggressive act of violence.

My guess is that the reference to a political statment was sarcastic.

Pig Pen
09-12-2004, 11:55 PM
I get a little pissed that everyone seems to remeber the firefighters that were there, and seem to forget about the cops that were there helping out? Think about it, you probably know how many firefighters were lost, but did you ever EVEN hear about the NYPD or Port Authority Police killed? But, I guess its true what I was told when I got hired, everyone loves a fireman, everyone hates a cop.

Syclone0044
09-12-2004, 11:55 PM
I still dont get the significance or what is in question. If they did say people were "debris" that's false reporting, but to play devil's advocate I'd suggest that videotaping people jumping to their death is on the borderline for acceptable for public TV as it is...

Yooformula
09-13-2004, 12:09 AM
I still dont get the significance or what is in question.

Nuff said!

His simple intention was to demonstrate how the media can influence your thoughts but using select words to sugarcoat something or in this case dehumanize an event so as to not linger in your pyshce but apparently that must have been too much for ya :rolleyes: :yawn: :goof

SMS 1
09-13-2004, 01:16 AM
Yes I am still pissed as hell. Play it every day. Too tired to type right now, more tomorrow.

Yoo for prez in '08 :usa

fireguyrick
09-13-2004, 01:28 AM
I think of it everyday since I lost friends, brothers, and sisters that day. It really does not bother me though that people do not dwell on it. It is good to be reminded of the past, but if you never leave the past you will never see the future...if you know what I mean.

Rick

I guess though the reason you people know the number of Firefighter deaths is because of the amount.....343, while non the less heroic the Police Dept. lost 75...and EMS loss 8 (2 FDNY, 6 Private). But, yes, generally Firefighter's get more love. IIRD a few years ago there was a study as to whom people trusted the most, well Firefighters were in the top 5, while police were in the top 25. Blame all that gangsta rap if you want LOL.

EDIT: I am going to copy and paste what I wrote on this past Saturday in my other forum

"Just posting a post in memorium seeing as it has been 3 years since the day that we all shall remember for the rest of our lives.

Oddly enough 9/11 is this generations Kennedy Assasination or Pearl Harbor. The one day that we will always remember where and what we were doing when we first heard the news.

God bless (or whatever supreme being you may worship) our Men and women that put there lives on the line for us all. The men and women of the NYC Police and Fire Departments ARE true heros. I am in that line of work, and I do not consider what I do heroic by any means....it is just a job. However, those that went charging head first into the WTC buildings are heros, not because they died, not because they were doing a job many would not want to do....But rather because they KNEW that there was a HUGE chance they would die doing what they did.

I could care less about all the politics right now, we forget that as much as any such canidate preaches there war record, or how they prepare to defend us from terrorism....THEY are not what makes America strong. It is those among us that are willing to sacrifice themselves to better another persons life. If people would only be 1/100th as selfless as those that died were, well...the US would be so much better.

Yet, as I type, it bothers me that people seem to careless and less as to what happened on that day, but rather how much it is costing them right now.

Ok, enough rant....more remberence.

To all my friends, brothers, and sisters that I lost in such a short period of time...I miss you dearly, but I thank you for your selfless acts, your desire to help those that are in need, I only hope that one day I can look at myself and say that my contribuitions to the US, my friends, and my family would make you all proud that I am your brother.

Rick "

Pig Pen
09-13-2004, 01:35 AM
What I wanna know is, why is it the cops fault when you forget to lock your car doors and some crack head robs your **** laying out in the open, and no one ever gets mad at a firefighter when thier car starts on fire and they call 20 firefighters, 2 ladders, and a rescue/ambo to the scene when its easily contained by 4 to 6 guys and a few fire extinguishers.

Yooformula
09-13-2004, 02:21 AM
Rick, great post!

Pig pen, stay on topic biatch! :loser :banana :thumbsup I agree that anyone that helps another individual in their time of need is a hero...cop, firefighter or civilian!

SSmike1
09-13-2004, 12:44 PM
yes! I agree 100% Yoosof!

I remember ALL the time, and think about it all the time,
and appreciate it EVERY TIME people stop to show it & acknowlegde those who died at the hand of murderers.

This is NOT political, ITS A FACT. "if more people were reminded of what happened day, I bet a hell of alot more people would be telling Kerry to piss off."

Bush is doing something about it!
Kerry & Gore would still be waiting for the UN. well KMA!

Such a horrible event should be on our minds all the time IMO.
IMO, if more people were reminded of what happened day, I bet a hell of alot more people would be telling Kerry to piss off.

I think its fu(king disgusting that the only time that day is aired on the media is the day before and the day of the incident.

My how people forget. Fu(king pu$$ies!
:

SSmike1
09-13-2004, 01:06 PM
GOOD REPLY!

it bothers me significantly, that they did not refer to those people as human beings!

man, i feel for them. I would never want me or my family to be put into a situation like that, where jumping to my certain death is a better alternative to ANYTHING!

Nuff said!

His simple intention was to demonstrate how the media can influence your thoughts but using select words to sugarcoat something or in this case dehumanize an event so as to not linger in your pyshce but apparently that must have been too much for ya :rolleyes: :yawn: :goof