PDA

View Full Version : Four Seasons Skate Park

Rocket Power
05-28-2012, 10:38 PM
Anybody ever been there? My 11yo daughter wants to go. She's a beginning skateboarder, but is starting to really get into it. I see they have a beginner session on Saturday mornings.
Just wondering if its ok there, looks decent on the website, just want to make sure there isn't a bunch of dirtbags/troublemakers there. Obviously I'd be going with her, but I want her to be able to have fun. Like I said, on the website it looks decent, but you knows how looks can be deceiving.

Thoughts?

GTSLOW
05-28-2012, 10:55 PM
Spring thru fall is usually the better time to go there as it's less crowded. Stay away on rainy days and the winter with a younger kid. I ran many kids over back in the day (not on purpose).

pOrk
05-29-2012, 04:39 AM
Nan is lieing, we all ran him over ( on purpose ). It's ok, best time to get her in is now during the summer while it's slow. Lots of punks hangout there, so don't just drop her off

Rocket Power
05-29-2012, 09:00 AM
Thanks guys. Def. not going to just drop her off.

Rocket Power
06-02-2012, 12:10 PM
Just an update, went this morning for the beginner session from 9-11am. She had a great time, one of the guys that works there really helped her out, teaching her stuff. She did fall once and get the wind knocked out of her, not quite ready for dropping in yet. ;)

Almost makes me want to get a board. LOL

Irish
06-03-2012, 11:14 AM
Just an update, went this morning for the beginner session from 9-11am. She had a great time, one of the guys that works there really helped her out, teaching her stuff. She did fall once and get the wind knocked out of her, not quite ready for dropping in yet. ;)

Almost makes me want to get a board. LOL

Do it!! That'd be awesome and you could skate together.

I remember the first time I dropped in, the same thing happened to me lol

kornholio788
06-05-2012, 07:42 PM
I found 4 seasons to be a little bit big for beginners. I enjoy it. Not really my style though. For a beginner I think cream city is a better park. The ramps are as big. Cream has a better flow imo and is more my style. But like any indoor park rainy days and winter days they are busy. I had a year membership with cream(really want to go back. Haven't been there in a while) and really enjoy that park. Owner is cool as hell too and skates all the time. Never had any problem with punks hanging out there or people being ass holes. Take your turn and follow the basic "code" for skating a park and you are good to go.

Rocket Power
06-06-2012, 12:51 AM
Do it!! That'd be awesome and you could skate together.

I remember the first time I dropped in, the same thing happened to me lolAt 40 years old I'm not sure skateboarding would be in my best interest, don't heal as fast now. LOL

Irish
06-07-2012, 08:33 AM
At 40 years old I'm not sure skateboarding would be in my best interest, don't heal as fast now. LOL

I'd bet you'd have a blast if you did.

Cryptic
06-07-2012, 11:58 AM
about 7-8 years ago I was doing alot of aggressive inline skating. I was at a public skate park out in Colorado (yes they have those there). I let my feet get in front of me dropping in once and went straight to my back. Pretty sure I bounced off the ground. Took the wind away from me for a while.

It was nice to have a skate park for free. Only stopped skating because it wasn't very convenient.

Rocket Power
06-07-2012, 02:17 PM
I'd bet you'd have a blast if you did.

You're probably right. LOL
We'll see. When I was my kid's age, our skateboards were smaller and plastic. Ahhhh the 70's and early 80's. :goof

I had one of these (California Free Former)
http://www.northwestskater.com/msfreeformer07.jpg

and one of these (GT Spoiler)

http://www.fourclaywheels.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Plastic-GT-Spoiler-Skateboard-Vintage-70s-1-320x400.png

Adam Brooks
06-07-2012, 06:52 PM
anyone remember turff skatepark? ohh yeahhh

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turf_Skatepark

Irish
06-07-2012, 08:25 PM
You're probably right. LOL
We'll see. When I was my kid's age, our skateboards were smaller and plastic. Ahhhh the 70's and early 80's. :goof

I had one of these (California Free Former)
http://www.northwestskater.com/msfreeformer07.jpg

and one of these (GT Spoiler)

http://www.fourclaywheels.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Plastic-GT-Spoiler-Skateboard-Vintage-70s-1-320x400.png

Vintage! I bet those are worth some money!

Ever see the movie "lords of dog town"?

Rocket Power
06-07-2012, 08:39 PM
Nope never saw it.

wikked
06-08-2012, 11:15 AM
Gleaming the Cube > *

Irish
06-08-2012, 02:50 PM
Nope never saw it.

Whaaaaaat it's a must see skater movie!!! You'll recognize the earlier boards!

"you can climb walls with these wheels!"

Irish
06-08-2012, 02:51 PM
Gleaming the Cube > *

> beginning of police academy 2 with Tony Hawk!

Rocket Power
06-08-2012, 05:43 PM
Whaaaaaat it's a must see skater movie!!! You'll recognize the earlier boards!

"you can climb walls with these wheels!"Just tried searching it on direct tv no luck. I'll keep my eye out.