PDA

View Full Version : Fast and Furious Skylines to be crushed.

GTSLOW
05-28-2012, 10:25 AM
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20120527/GPG0101/205270497&located=rss

If only we had Barrett as our Governor this wouldn't be happening.

Waver
05-28-2012, 11:44 AM
Funny that it says that it says that he was charged back in 2010.....these cars (yellow bird and the purple one that almost looks black) were on auto trader untill January of this year, being sold for 25,000 for the purple one and 30,000 for the F&F car. It is a shame, as the yellow one should be in a museum. It will be interesting to see if something good comes out of this, however I doubt it.

I remember seeing the purple one on highway in 2006. He just got the car then, and it had an aname charactor on the side. He then blew the engine (as rumor had it). It was cool to see it again on autotrader....

Flicktitty
05-28-2012, 11:53 AM
Cause the government has nothing better to do then go out hunting for illegal cars. Good waste of tax payers money.

BR3W CITY
05-28-2012, 11:56 AM
....hate to see a cool and rare car like the skyline crushed. While the guy obviously knew what he was doing (shit try working on pre-vin cars.....you just kinda do it and hope no one ends up giving a shit later), I'm not sure the punishment was fair. If the state ever issued a title, they are in the wrong, any time the "Rescind" a title it just means; we fucked up and don't want to admit it...so its your fault.

animal
05-28-2012, 12:09 PM
Heh.

nismodave
05-28-2012, 12:43 PM
Damn shame.

spooln30
05-28-2012, 01:24 PM
It's messed up. There are many cars that people mod that would never pass emissions or crash standards but since they were built in or for the US its ok. Those two Skylines are probably more safe then many cars on the road today with the cages they have. Total BS.
Don't take it out on these poor cars, send his dumb ass to jail and give the cars to a automotive museum or me! They still could be owned/used as a race cars, they'd make great road race or time attack cars. Stickers removed of course. WTF!

awsomeears
05-28-2012, 02:17 PM
I heard Scott Walker is....

Woops Paul Walker is heart broken...

But all joking aside that fucking sucks, leave people alone !!!

Rocket Power
05-28-2012, 03:20 PM
He admits he was guilty of possessing vehicles without the tags.

"I didn't know that was illegal, but I understand ignorance of the law is no excuse," Beno said. "But I don't accept those felony charges. They are above what is reasonable."

"He asks Beno if he has a title, can it be titled, could I get a (vehicle identification number)," Johnson said. "We'd expect Beno to say no, it can't be titled. He's got a letter, he's been told. But he responds that upon sale and payment, you can receive a Florida title and then go to the Department of Motor Vehicles and get a title transfer from Wisconsin. He's trying to circumvent, to get around the law."

Beno claims he believed it was possible and legal to get a Florida title and have it transferred to Wisconsin and that he had no intention of deceiving anyone

He admits he had the cars without vins, and he told someone to get a title in Florida to get around the fact it couldn't be titled legally here.
He made his bed and now he's lying in it.

Nickerz
05-28-2012, 07:13 PM
Holy shit! We solved all the murders, rapes, brought the state into prosperity and solved the poverty and racism problems in Wisconsin? WOW!

Reverend Cooper
05-28-2012, 07:28 PM
Two less ricers meh

Wagonbacker9
05-28-2012, 07:34 PM
Holy shit! We solved all the murders, rapes, brought the state into prosperity and solved the poverty and racism problems in Wisconsin? WOW!

When the DA is spending this much time on something so grave as illegal cars, this must be the case.

Sprayaway Fox
05-28-2012, 11:31 PM
But they cant find the 2000 honda cars that get stolen in Milwaukee every month.

WhatsADSM
05-29-2012, 12:19 AM
As much as it sucks that the govt has such a hard-on for crushing Skylines, and I would love a R32/33/34 .... I've said this before even on these forums.. You need to be careful there are very few legal ones out there, and most are being pawned off on people who are unknowing (or think they are an exception to the rule and try to get around it).

In this case I'm SURE he knew what he was doing was wrong, and IMHO its total bullshit that he was trying to pawn them off on someone else as potentially legal at all.

spooln30
05-29-2012, 04:55 AM
Two less ricers meh

And this is coming from a guy with body parts installed with double sided tape! LOL

Gregor
05-29-2012, 09:01 PM
He screwed up when he talked about title washing in Florida and transfering it to Wisconsin. Come on he was emailing a investagator and telling him how to do it.

Even having the rivets that are used to mount the plate will get you jail time.

brotherbenn83
05-29-2012, 09:44 PM

Dumbest sentence ever.

That_Guy
05-30-2012, 08:02 AM
You break the law you earn the punishment . There is also a right and wrong way of going about things. Do i think this is a waist of government resources? Yes. Primo example of government focusing on the wrong thing. I understand that the laws where put in place to protect citizens from unsafe cars. This is kinda weak though. Its to bad they wont let him give it to a museum like volo or something similar.

GTSLOW
05-30-2012, 10:54 AM
Dumbest sentence ever.

:rolf I have to agree!

Cryptic
05-30-2012, 11:08 AM
What ever happened to Offroad Use Only? So it cant be titled, then it cant be on public roads.

Because race car.

Wagonbacker9
05-30-2012, 11:10 AM
What ever happened to Offroad Use Only? So it cant be titled, then it cant be on public roads.

Because race car.

You mean like half the parts on my car?

oh... i mean.... someone else's car... not mine!

brotherbenn83
05-30-2012, 12:13 PM
You break the law you earn the punishment . There is also a right and wrong way of going about things. Do i think this is a waist of government resources? Yes. Primo example of government focusing on the wrong thing. I understand that the laws where put in place to protect citizens from unsafe cars. This is kinda weak though. Its to bad they wont let him give it to a museum like volo or something similar.

Michelle would need 2 red pens to proofread this post.

Waver
05-30-2012, 12:24 PM

Did you have Kid Cougar write this for you?

Korndogg
05-30-2012, 12:45 PM
http://blogs.westword.com/showandtell/01%20not%20a%20single%20fuck.jpg

Rocket Power
05-30-2012, 01:23 PM

Because race car.At my last job, when we had vehicles imported to be tested that weren't US legal models, they had to be destroyed afterwards or exported back to where they came from, and the Gov't actually checked. Didn't matter if it was from Korea or Canada.

michelle
05-30-2012, 01:27 PM

I wish there was enough red ink in a pen to correct Waver. Seriously. Or maybe a big eraser.

animal
05-30-2012, 01:32 PM
Or maybe a big eraser.

How bout this?

http://assets0.thirddrawerdown.com/static/files/assets/ed73ead7/GIANT-ERASER_medium.jpg

Irish
05-30-2012, 03:14 PM

You really have NO room to talk.

-stew-
05-30-2012, 04:42 PM
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20120527/GPG0101/205270497&located=rss

http://funnydb.net/picture/4/3729/sad-reality-this-room-is-full-with-people-that-think-youre-funny.jpg

I heard Scott Walker is....

Woops Paul Walker is heart broken...

But all joking aside that fucking sucks, leave people alone !!!

^^ That's funny.

jakedrew
05-30-2012, 08:16 PM
^^^ you are funny.

GTSLOW
05-30-2012, 10:07 PM
http://blogs.westword.com/showandtell/01%20not%20a%20single%20fuck.jpg

Awesome!!!