PDA

View Full Version : "Corrected Title" has anyone ever seen this?

GTSLOW
05-25-2012, 07:37 AM
Has anyone ever had this show up on a carfax before? What did it end up being? Is there a way to call the DMV and find out what it is/was?

Rocket Power
05-25-2012, 07:59 AM
The DMV should be able to tell you, but they may make you go through madison or the capital of what ever state you're talking about. Could be a typo on their part that got corrected.

WickedSix
05-25-2012, 08:52 AM
my k30 had the wrong year entered and corrected and that appeared on title

Car Guy
05-25-2012, 10:18 AM
I bought and sold a LOT of vehicles over the years and cannot remember seeing that.

BR3W CITY
05-25-2012, 11:35 AM
iirc its what happens when...one person puts incorrect info on the form, and wants or needs to make corrections to make the info accurate

http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/drivers/vehicles/title/intent-form.htm

Nickerz
05-25-2012, 02:46 PM
iirc its what happens when...one person puts incorrect info on the form, and wants or needs to make corrections to make the info accurate

http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/drivers/vehicles/title/intent-form.htm

This. We had some guy trying to slang us some truck with different than reported mileage, and he finally went through all the steps to figure out that a dealer kid had estimated his mileage incorrectly during some work on it. So they had to correct it.

Either way, I would give the car additional attention and also use it as leverage in your negotiation.

J-Bru-Ha Z-28
06-01-2012, 01:25 PM
This happended to me...now my carfax on my Camaro is forever tarnished.

When I first got the car (title was mailed after the lien was paid off...dumb I know) I was away at school so my dad took it in to register it under his name so he could drive it down to me. He did not know the "exact" mileage when he walked up to the clerk and told them that it was an estimate at the DMV!!! So the clerk listed it as "Not Actual Miles" on the title! When I re-titled it in my name I explained what had happend, so my new title states the actual mileage on the vehicle but the carfax report kicks up a warning about potential mileage roll back yada yada yada. I know it is not the case but it may make it more difficult to sell if I ever choose to go that route.