PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: acoustimat scraps

CATNHAT
05-22-2012, 10:27 PM
Anyone have any acoustimat scraps laying around they want to get rid of?

TIA

Wagonbacker9
05-24-2012, 07:40 PM
I have some eastwood sound deadener..

spooln30
05-24-2012, 09:35 PM
Are you talking like Dynamat?

CATNHAT
05-24-2012, 09:52 PM
Are you talking like Dynamat?
Yes. Acoustimat is a construction related sound deadening product. I should have clarified. I am looking for a sound deadening product for my mustang.

-stew-
05-24-2012, 10:23 PM
Yes. Acoustimat is a construction related sound deadening product. I should have clarified. I am looking for a sound deadening product for my mustang.

http://www.cofair.com/peel_seal.aspx

A common low cost alternative to dynamat. I did my coupe with it, but I'm a little surprised you'd be looking to sound deaden your car. Foxbodys are poorly built tin cans, I thought them S197's were decent cars.

03Seville
05-24-2012, 10:32 PM
I have a couple sheets of second skin deadener left you could have.

Not sure exactly how much is left though... Would have to check tomorrow

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

CATNHAT
05-25-2012, 07:50 AM
http://www.cofair.com/peel_seal.aspx

A common low cost alternative to dynamat. I did my coupe with it, but I'm a little surprised you'd be looking to sound deaden your car. Foxbodys are poorly built tin cans, I thought them S197's were decent cars.

Stew it is pretty decent but I made the mistake of driving the car around after I replaced the fuel pump with the back seat out. It was really loud and i could hear the humm of the fuel pump as clear as day. Now with the seat back in, i recognize that sound, though diminished, everytime I drive it.

And the road noise being broadcast into the car was ridiculous!

Just looking for a little improvement

The Shaolin
05-25-2012, 10:14 AM
Fatmat is also a fairly cheap alternative that works well.

-stew-
05-25-2012, 11:17 AM
They make a material, I forget What they call it, I think its called high density vinyl. Its like 3/16ths rubber mat you could cut a piece and lay it under the seat and make a drape to go behind the seatback. I think that would do more than a dnyamat type material. Dynamat does more to stop resonance in thin flimsy sheetmetal. This vinyle shit I'm thinking of does more to block sound, and I think that's what you're looking to do. Do some Googling. Lots of info about this on the interwebs.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

CATNHAT
05-25-2012, 03:14 PM
Fatmat is also a fairly cheap alternative that works well.

Plenty of Fatmat behind the wheel already. i did look into that and it seems pretty good. thanks

CATNHAT
05-26-2012, 08:59 PM
I have some eastwood sound deadener..

Thanks Carl--I got it installed tonight but too drunk to take for test drive! Will let you know how it perfoms! :thumbsup Love your ride man sounds bad-ass! Looks pretty damn good too!

Wagonbacker9
05-26-2012, 09:29 PM
Thanks Carl--I got it installed tonight but too drunk to take for test drive! Will let you know how it perfoms! :thumbsup Love your ride man sounds bad-ass! Looks pretty damn good too!

Thats a fantastic problem to have, looking forward to hearing the results, and thanks! I still haven't decided where I come down on the wingless look, but I'm too cheap to put a lip spoiler on it like I wanted.

CATNHAT
05-29-2012, 10:17 PM
Thanks Travis (03Seville) appreciate the help and generosity! Didnt get a chance to install any yet hopefully tomorrow night--really appreciate it!!!!!!! I will call you when its time for the sub/amp upgrade in the F-150!:thumbsup

CATNHAT
05-29-2012, 10:19 PM
Thats a fantastic problem to have, looking forward to hearing the results, and thanks! I still haven't decided where I come down on the wingless look, but I'm too cheap to put a lip spoiler on it like I wanted.

Spoilerless look is nice! Keep it that way!!!

03Seville
05-29-2012, 10:38 PM
Thanks Travis (03Seville) appreciate the help and generosity! Didnt get a chance to install any yet hopefully tomorrow night--really appreciate it!!!!!!! I will call you when its time for the sub/amp upgrade in the F-150!:thumbsup

Glad to help!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2