PDA

View Full Version : Rollbar question guys!!!!

GTSLOW
09-10-2004, 02:21 AM
Ok I wanna do a small roll bar setup to go along with my new seats and belts.

I've been looking at this cage from art morrison for 2bills.

http://img.s10forum.com/album1671/aae.jpg

My idea is to using all the bars except the two going towards the rear. What do ya guys think? I know its gonna be a pain getting in and out but it looks pimp and if I roll I will be safe :D

BAD LS1
09-10-2004, 07:55 AM
I just put a bolt in 6 point in my car, it was pretty easy.

animal
09-10-2004, 08:01 AM
No way man, put in the rear bars, and cut/seal the back windows around it... it looks badass.

Corvette Jabo
09-10-2004, 08:41 AM
Say goodbye to the value of your vehicle.

GTSLOW
09-10-2004, 08:44 AM
Well since I dont know how to cut holes in glass I think I'm gonna go with the back bars just at an extreme angle. Since my trucks an extended cab I have a little room for it. But yes thru the back window would look AWSOME!

As for value you of my truck, I think it dropped when I did all the engine work and other stuff.

GTSLOW
09-10-2004, 08:49 AM
I just put a bolt in 6 point in my car, it was pretty easy.

Well it will be bolted to the floor but the tubing will be welded together.

Corvette Jabo
09-10-2004, 08:52 AM
I know I am going to date my self. But some day your going to want to sell the truck and move on to something better. Now take all of the possible buyers that could buy the truck and remove 80% of them or more.

Its better to have a great driver like the truck and then make a dedicated TOY. I know there are other people that have learned the hard way as I have over the years.

BAD LS1
09-10-2004, 09:10 AM
Mine is a bolt in as well...

animal
09-10-2004, 09:47 AM
Eh... really though how much would a 96 s10 really be worth by the time he wants to sell it anyways? A few grand?

I say go for it man... cutting the glass ain't no big thang anyways. I know some of the lightning guys just use plexiglass instead, its lighter too.

GTSLOW
09-10-2004, 10:22 AM
I've thought about that! If you think about it all you'd need to do is take your old peice out trace around it, cut and bam!

animal
09-10-2004, 10:26 AM
I can find you some pics of it done on lightnings if you need some ideas

Bad-TSi
09-10-2004, 11:51 AM
Roll bars kinda make a car a pain in the ass and uncomfortable, I wouldn't get them unless I had to. And even if I did crack an 11, I still don't think I'd put them in.

BAD LS1
09-10-2004, 12:11 PM
for most its really not worth the trouble yes...

the use of a 6 point or better is mandated at 11.49 or faster as well as a SFI fire jacket.

I bought one for mine cuz i dont feel like getting only 3 runs in and then getting kicked out for not having a cage.

Mine isnt terrbily uncomfortable at all, once your in the car it doesnt get in the way, however you do have to be a contorsionist to get in and out. The tilt wheel will be getting alot of use now.

HITMAN
09-11-2004, 09:56 PM
Have a local fabricator build you a bar. I know a bunch of them, and they could build you something that would fit great and give you far better ingress/egress than a mail order hoop. If you choose to go this way, let me know, and I will steer you to somebody that will do this for a reasonable cost.

GTSLOW
09-12-2004, 03:49 AM
Well there are companies that make different side bars like:

http://web.inetba.com/autoweld/images/sb5sm.gif
http://web.inetba.com/autoweld/images/sb3sm.gif

But I think I will deal with the pain in the ass factor just fine :D

Bad-TSi
09-13-2004, 04:16 PM
Have a local fabricator build you a bar. I know a bunch of them, and they could build you something that would fit great and give you far better ingress/egress than a mail order hoop. If you choose to go this way, let me know, and I will steer you to somebody that will do this for a reasonable cost.

Yeah, Pat over at Rod and Competition builds some really nice stuff.

GTSLOW
09-13-2004, 09:46 PM
Yes but 150dollar jegs 8point to a couple hundered dollar custom one! I just ain't got that money right now for a custom one :(