PDA

View Full Version : 15 Year Refi rates down to 3.25%, try Providence Home Lending via Doug Schmidt

pOrk
05-20-2012, 12:38 PM
Doug Schmidt at Providence Home Lending is currently helping me with my mortgage refinance and I wanted to share his info and my experience with the refi process thus far.

Originally I tried to refinance through Landmark Credit Union but that proved rather quickly to be a huge pain in the ass for anyone with a real first shift job. The woman at the branch on 124th in brookfield would NOT work with me on an appointment AT ALL. I work 530-330 in PORT and was not available until 430 at the earliest, or any time on Friday - Saturday. After trying for 2 weeks to make SOMETHING happen I gave up and called Doug to get the ball rolling. Not only was he able to get me in the same week, he offered to stay late or come in early to meet with me and even come in to the office on a Saturday to make this happen. I think it was 3 days from the time I called him I was in the office signing paper work. I ended up locking mine in at 3.325% but the rates are down since I started mine. Anyways, I think after all said and done it comes out to around 1700 and that includes the Home Appraisal. I was able to pull out a few grand to pay off the rest of my wifes school loans and drop my interest rate a full 2%.

Anyways, I'd strongly recommend this guy to help you with any Home Loan or refinance you could need.

Yooformula
05-20-2012, 01:59 PM
nice!

0TransAm0
05-21-2012, 10:53 AM
Educators has the same rate. And johnsons bank is at 3.0% we just went thru the appraisal part and have yet to close. Cant beat it for a 15 year mortgage.

pOrk
05-21-2012, 04:31 PM
After checking the zillow on my house I'm worried I may have over valued my house, then again it also says my neighbors house is barely worth 130 and they have people KNOCKING DOWN THE DOOR trying to put offers in when it was listed for 179 last year. Guessing that zillow isn't as accurate as it used to be...

wrath
05-21-2012, 06:19 PM
That's pretty impressive. It seems it's difficult to find an ambitious mortgage banker these days so it's good to know.

PureSound15
05-21-2012, 06:39 PM
That's pretty impressive. It seems it's difficult to find an ambitious mortgage banker these days so it's good to know.

I'm sure it's hard to find a banker that's willing to work with you, specifically. :)

With people saving more than ever, deposits are high and any institution is wanting to get rid of them even at the small margin that today's rates provide.

If your loan is going to be sold to secondary market anyway; you're often going to pay a broker more fees beyond the appraisal then you would at a in house 15 year financier. That being said, it's often difficult to find an institution willing to keep a 3% loan on their books for even 15 years - wasn't too long ago that you could find 30 port when the rates were higher.