PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Wrecked Silverado or 5.3l/4l60e with harness,ECU,accessories, etc

Wagonbacker9
05-17-2012, 06:56 PM
Trans on my truck is starting to slip, and I've dreampt of a Gen III swapped OBS for a while now, so I'm taking this as my opportunity. If anyone has a lead on running gear out of a 2000+ truck let me know. Don't need a T-case as mine bolts up, and it looks like market on these goes from $800 at the bottom, up to $2000 if you want to overpay. If complete parts truck, drivable would be strongly preferred so that I can at least get it to where it'll be blown apart. Any leads would be appreciated.

Wagonbacker9
05-17-2012, 11:11 PM
Harness and ECU acquired... just need the engine, trans, accessories, preferably Y-pipe, and some misc bs..

BR3W CITY
05-18-2012, 05:50 PM
DBW doesn't actually make it a Gen IV, as some genIII engines came setup that way, depending on the year and the model. Rhine Auto had a bunch of genIII/IV engines last time I was out there, under 60k for about 5-900 depending on which engine.
I have some misc stuff, oil pan, 1 exh manifold, cam, pushrods etc should you need any of that stock stuff.

Wagonbacker9
05-18-2012, 06:06 PM
DBW doesn't actually make it a Gen IV, as some genIII engines came setup that way, depending on the year and the model. Rhine Auto had a bunch of genIII/IV engines last time I was out there, under 60k for about 5-900 depending on which engine.
I have some misc stuff, oil pan, 1 exh manifold, cam, pushrods etc should you need any of that stock stuff.

Hoping for a complete engine, but if it comes to that I'll let you know. I have the pushrods out of my LS2, but I don't know if I'll be able to resist camming this before it goes in anyway. And thanks for the clarification... too many year separations to keep strait! I know I need a cable operated, which came in 99-04.. after that I get all confused.

Sent in a quote request to Rhine, looks like their prices are pretty reasonable, unless their "engine" prices are longblocks.

BR3W CITY
05-19-2012, 12:40 PM
my engine came complete from them, sans some front accessories. All of them are a bit different, but mine lacked the alt/ps and the bracket for them. I picked that stuff up off a guy on cl for ~$80. The thing that makes me recommend them is that my engine wasn't sitting in a "yard" it was in a nice dry warehouse, with all of the ports and hoses plugged with caps. The engine was pretty much drained of all fluids, so it was an easy "base" to work off of.

Sprayaway Fox
05-19-2012, 07:55 PM
I dismantle them out there. If you are looking talk to Al hes usually the easier to deal with sales guy.

If it aint in the warehouse see if you can get one out of the trucks in the yard. Then they will bring it in and Ill blow it apart and keep whatever you want LIKE the PS bracket that we toss in the core bin. (hopefully without the harness, that shit sucks)-Mike

Prince Valiant
05-19-2012, 10:01 PM
A friend recently finished his 95 1500 with a 6.0/4l65e from a denali (360hp methinks), tuned by tom to produce just shy of 300 at the wheels...he's VERY happy with the results. MUCH faster/stronger with a good bit improvement in gas mileage to boot.

Wagonbacker9
05-19-2012, 11:57 PM
I dismantle them out there. If you are looking talk to Al hes usually the easier to deal with sales guy.

If it aint in the warehouse see if you can get one out of the trucks in the yard. Then they will bring it in and Ill blow it apart and keep whatever you want LIKE the PS bracket that we toss in the core bin. (hopefully without the harness, that shit sucks)-Mike

I have a harness and ECU in route, I scored a great deal and figured that would be the one thing the salvage yards wouldn't be excited about saving, and I can work on prepping that without any of the other parts. I fully expect it to take a couple days.

A friend recently finished his 95 1500 with a 6.0/4l65e from a denali (360hp methinks), tuned by tom to produce just shy of 300 at the wheels...he's VERY happy with the results. MUCH faster/stronger with a good bit improvement in gas mileage to boot.

Yeah, I'll be tuning it myself. I expect a 30% fuel economy boost (from 11mpg, not exactly an unattainable feat), and probably a similar power bump (guess, don't have dyno numbers on what its making). I'm looking seriously at stalling (nothing crazy) it and putting in an LS6 cam which will be a good compromise between NA power, and the boost I hope to throw at it eventually. Who knows if that'll actaully happen though..

-stew-
06-01-2012, 03:16 PM
http://www.wi4x4.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5524

Wagonbacker9
06-01-2012, 03:20 PM
http://www.wi4x4.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5524

Thx! This:
i know someone who was going to do a conversion, i can ask him if he is interested, actually i can point him here

is referring to me... lol, looks like you beat him to it though.