PDA

View Full Version : Assisted in the arrest of a drunk driver last night.

The Shaolin
05-17-2012, 08:29 AM
I was on my way to my girlfriend's place, just turned onto 43N from 94E. I almost got sideswiped by a 50 something woman in a pontiac bonneville. I went around her and watched her in my rearview…she was having a ridiculously difficult time keeping it in her lane. It looked like she was getting off at Fond du Lac ave, but at the last second, she swerved from the turn lane back into traffic...and I mean LAST second, she missed the barrier by a foot.

At this point, I called 911 and started slowing down. She was slowing down too. We slowed to about 30mph and just stayed there for about 15 minutes…on the freeway! I got transferred from MKE to sherriff, and then to a different sherriff when we crossed county line. She finally passed me and was doing freeway speeds, generally half in her lane, half on the shoulder or in the other line, tapping the brakes every few seconds. The dispatcher asked me to count off the mile markers and turn my flashers on when I neared the one the squad was sitting at. He pulled out behind me, I waved him around, and I got off and turned around.

Got a voicemail this morning that they did arrest her for DUI and needed a statement from me. Good fucking riddance.

I spend a lot of time on a motorcycle....and as someone who doesn't get a second chance with someone like that on the road, I hope she doesn't either.

That_Guy
05-17-2012, 08:47 AM
when i was doing a lot of driving for my last job i had the chance to call in 3-4 drunk drivers. its a real issue in this state.

Nice work bud. You may have saved her life or somebody else.

bikedad
05-17-2012, 09:10 AM
Great job.
I did the same thing about 3 years ago in Brookfield.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Prince Valiant
05-17-2012, 09:22 AM
When I used to work at Taco Bell in grafton, we'd call the police on blatantly obvious drunks that came through drive-thru...this was back when they first started staying open until 3am.

We'd just call the non-emergency number, take a little longer to make the order, they'd call us back when they were ready and the driver would pull out in view of the officer...probably got over 20 drivers this way.

Silver86
05-17-2012, 10:22 AM
nice job Nate!

Korndogg
05-17-2012, 11:17 AM
Good Job.

I did that once before when I was younger. Me and a buddy were just cruising around and some lady was bouncing off the curbs by the water tower on 6th and Howard. They finally got to us by 27th street. The lady tried to kill herself by taking a ton of pills and going out driving. The cop said we saved her life and to have a good night, lol.

Waver
05-17-2012, 11:29 AM
That is awesome....something close to that happened to me about two months ago. Followed the guy from 164 on 43 to loomis road.

BoosTT
05-17-2012, 12:15 PM
I called one in a few years back too, in windlake. The guy couldn't keep it on the road. Hit a few things and ended up in a ditch before the cops got there. He had a 4x4 and almost got out of the ditch too!

UnderPSI
05-17-2012, 12:33 PM
I did the same thing, i had a guy on a harley side swipe the barrier on the freeway and almost dump his bike right in front of me. Called in and they pulled him over and he laid his bike down in the ditch on the side of the free way. About 4 weeks later I got a check for $50 for calling some one in.

Larrygto
05-17-2012, 01:18 PM
Just last weekend on a gto cruise one of the guys chased down a drunk hit in run driver. Later on that night the drunk tried to claim the he was choke by the guy who caught him. What an asshole!

2006wrxtr
05-19-2012, 11:26 AM
I was at a Gas station off Fondulac ave a few years back
(probably 15) and there was a guy infront of me paying
for gas and he was smashed. I went outside got his plate
and called 911 they said someone was on thier way. Apparantly
the stations owner had called also, and kept the there buy not
giving him his credit card back. Between him and I he was delayed
enough for the cops to get there. Only thing I felt bad bout was he had
a Black Lab puppy with him that had to go to jail because of his dumb ass.

brotherbenn83
05-21-2012, 01:24 PM
Great job.
I did the same thing about 3 years ago in Brookfield.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2 (while driving)

bikedad
05-21-2012, 01:30 PM
LOL! I see what you did there.

(slamming it into 4th gear getting ready to hit the traps at 120MPH at GLD for an epic run!!!)