PDA

View Full Version : Having Surgery Tomorrow

BR3W CITY
05-15-2012, 08:44 PM
Well, I'm having my first surgery ever tomorrow. Things have been pretty crazy for a while with my health; one of the things being a mass on my tailbone. Because of this, I'm actually having my tailbone removed. It sucks this has to happen now, since I had the whole of winter to recover, but hopefully I shouldn't be taken WAY out of commission for too long. Never had a surgery before so thats a bit nerve racking, but I only have to be in the hospital one night, and I'm hoping I can actually get out of that (30% chance). As much as it sucks, hopefully it will yield long term improvements...and in conversation at least I can say that I have less bones than everyone else :)

srt4eh
05-15-2012, 08:51 PM
Tailbone removed? sounds painful.....bleh...good luck - I'm sure all will be fine.

Yooformula
05-15-2012, 09:09 PM
Good luck. Hope it goes well and you have a good recovery!

michelle
05-15-2012, 09:10 PM
Best wishes on your recovery!

Waver
05-16-2012, 07:43 PM
Good luck man. Hopefully you will get a hot nurse to watch over you. Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.

BR3W CITY
05-17-2012, 10:22 AM
Things went well, I had a golfball sized mass and my tailbone removed last night. Its a real pain in the ass (pun intented). I should be leaving the hospital today, and back at home for the rest of recovery. The up side is I have a magical green button that dumps dilaudid into my veins, yummy :)

That said, I'll be spending a good amount of time in bed and or at home, so anyone on Steam or BattleNet or any of those should hit me up, as my pc gaming fingers are still all intact.

Cryptic
05-17-2012, 01:37 PM
I got kneed in the tailbone at soccer last Friday. I guess I'll stop my bitching, I had no clue you can remove a tailbone. That's gotta be painful.

OxmanWI
05-17-2012, 02:35 PM
Best wishes bro!

BR3W CITY
05-17-2012, 02:45 PM
I got kneed in the tailbone at soccer last Friday. I guess I'll stop my bitching, I had no clue you can remove a tailbone. That's gotta be painful.

its actually anywhere from 1 to 3 bones depending on your anatomy. They don't serve a real purpose, since we don't have tails anymore. Again, its not common; sometimes its referred to as Coccydenia, but since mine was caused by a tumor/mass, that isn't the correct medical term.

Prince Valiant
05-17-2012, 03:18 PM
its actually anywhere from 1 to 3 bones depending on your anatomy. They don't serve a real purpose, since we don't have tails anymore.
That's not entirely accurate...while it might be a vestigial tail, but that is not to say it's without function...many of the pelvic floor muscles and their tendons and various ligaments use the coccyx as their attachment to the skeleton. It's not quite the same as removing an apendix

brotherbenn83
05-18-2012, 02:13 PM
I've met plenty of spineless people, but you'd be the first tailboneless as far as I know.

BR3W CITY
05-18-2012, 05:56 PM
That's not entirely accurate...while it might be a vestigial tail, but that is not to say it's without function...many of the pelvic floor muscles and their tendons and various ligaments use the coccyx as their attachment to the skeleton. It's not quite the same as removing an apendix

Your right, it doesn't serve a function we can't live without :) While it might not be preferable for some, its not exactly "crucial". There are some longer-term possible consequences but they are minimal. I'm sure when/if I'm 80, thats when the issues like pelvic muscle tone could bite me in the ass. (lol)

BR3W CITY
05-19-2012, 12:52 PM
WARNING , NASTY SURGICAL PICTURE BELOW...ITS ALSO MY ASS CRACK, CONTINUE AT OWN RISK, MAYBE NSW

For those sick fucks that kept scrolling down......here she is.
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n161/twowheeljay/IMAG0100-1.jpg

badass88gt
05-19-2012, 03:53 PM
Coop texted me telling me to check out the hot ass pics on BCM. I guess this is what he was talking about? Not my thing but.....

Hope you have a speedy recovery.