PDA

View Full Version : Anyone work for Direct TV or Time Warner, Dish, etc that could remove a dish?

SlowMotion
05-08-2012, 06:44 PM
We are cancelling our direct tv service and we are supposed to remove a satellite dish from the roof of our condo. I don't have the equipment to do it, nor do I WANT to crawl on the steep roof and remove it. Anyone looking to make a couple of bucks or a case or so of beer, let me know...Your time is appreciated!

Tim

cheap80Z28
05-09-2012, 12:32 AM
when i canx mine, i told them they put the dish up, i have no ladder and if they wanted it, they can come get it. they left it and 5 yrs latter when i had a new roof put on, the roofers took it down

SlowMotion
05-09-2012, 04:36 AM
when i canx mine, i told them they put the dish up, i have no ladder and if they wanted it, they can come get it. they left it and 5 yrs latter when i had a new roof put on, the roofers took it down

I wouldn't mind leaving it, but the management group in our condo has asked all "home owners" to remove the dishes, as they are an "eye sore" to current and potential new buyers. I can respect that, I just don't want to crawl up on the damn roof and take it off!!!

Plus how do I know which dish is ours? There are 5 of them up there!

Car Guy
05-09-2012, 12:42 PM
I was about to say call a local handyman to take the dish down. At most the installer used basic hardware anybody with half a brain could remove. However, not knowing which dish is yours makes the situation interesting. How to know which dish is yours, hmmmm.

SlowMotion
05-09-2012, 09:16 PM
I was about to say call a local handyman to take the dish down. At most the installer used basic hardware anybody with half a brain could remove. However, not knowing which dish is yours makes the situation interesting. How to know which dish is yours, hmmmm.

I suppose I could just rip all of them off the roof and see who complains :)