PDA

View Full Version : Muskego fire...

Scales
09-08-2004, 07:58 PM
Anyone see the controled fire in Muskego on Janesville just west of Moorland? I started seeing the smoke almost imediatly after leaving my parents house in Wind Lake. I was on my was home, so I chased the smoke til I found the source. They were burning down an old barn, and I'm guessing the house was next since it looked pretty rough. People were parking on both sides of the road to watch the fire. It was kind of a headache to get through there! I wish I had my camera though. Would've made some cool shots with the night sky...

CruxGNZ
09-08-2004, 11:46 PM
Yeah, saw it too. I was heading south on Moorland to go to my JKD class and saw the smoke. About a minute and a half to two minutes later, I arrived at the intersection on Moorland and Janesville to see the firetrucks already there. I was like, yup, controlled burn. Definetly would have made some cool pictures. I really wish I had my digital camera with me.

!M!

Scales
09-08-2004, 11:55 PM
I'm curious if they burned the house or not... By the time I got out there, the barn was nothin but a big pile of firey ashes with a silo. I would've love to take some pics of the whole thing!!!

fireguyrick
09-09-2004, 02:17 AM
Not much you can do with a Barn burn. Not safe to practice interior attacks, so more or less you surround and drown it. If they were going to do the house, I would imagine they would do it over several days. It is not every day a FD has the chance to practice with a real house.

Here is one from a few years ago on my old FD. I am circled....WAY in the back and blocked. Funny thing is that about 30 seconds after the photo was snapped the porch collapsed. Scared the crap out of me because I was the closest person to it.

Rick

Corvette Jabo
09-09-2004, 12:14 PM
They actually tried to burn the house down the night before (tuesday). The house smoked really good but it never went up in a ball of fire. I would imagine they will try the house agian and use more than just 1 bail of hay to get it started. We watched them try to burn the house on Tuesday for about an hour with the kids and finnaly said screw it and went home.

Silver350
09-09-2004, 12:41 PM
So what is it just someone that just want to burn it all down and build a new house or was it just some arsenist?

Scales
09-09-2004, 07:44 PM
I'm guessing the city made the call to torch it since they are developing in that area.