http://www.optimainvitational.com/

Rules it says its only for SEMA cars?!

Dr.Buick
04-27-2012, 06:07 PM
Cars get chosen from this to go to sema

http://www.optimainvitational.com/2012_OUSI_qualifier_results.html

BR3W CITY
04-27-2012, 11:48 PM
Cool event, my guy Jimi at FM3 does tons of work for these events. Saw a leg of it at lsfest, seeing some big cars get whipped around the track.

OptimaJim
05-18-2012, 11:35 AM
Hey guys, I saw your thread regarding our event and wanted to offer some additional insight into it and answer any questions you may have about it-

You can register for either the OPTIMA® Ultimate Street Car Faceoff Event at the HOT ROD Power Tour (June 8-9) or Road America (June 22-24) at www.optimainvitational.com

The “Spirit of the Event” winner from each OPTIMA Faceoff event will get to display their vehicle at the 2012 SEMA Show and go on to compete for the world-famous OPTIMA Ultimate Street Car title this November.

Participants at the Road America event will receive two free tickets to the NASCAR Nationwide Series/GRAND-AM Rolex Series taking place that Saturday, June 23 at Road America.

Even if you are not awarded an entry to the fifth annual OUSCI after the Faceoff at HOT ROD Power Tour or Road America you could still be one of the few selected to participate in the OPTIMA Faceoff at the legendary Sandhills Open Road Challenge (Aug. 8-12), where you'll have another chance to earn a spot into the OUSCI. I know running in an open road race is a bucket list activity for a lot of gearheads and we have secured and will be giving away several spots at each event for the SORC, which sells out about a year in advance every year.

Those of you who participated in our 2010 Faceoff at Road America know what a cool event that was and this one promises to be even better for reasons I am not allowed to post at this time. If anyone has any questions about this event, please don't hesitate to ask.

Jim McIlvaine
eCare Manager, OPTIMA Batteries, Inc.
www.twitter.com/optimabatteries

WhatsADSM
05-18-2012, 03:48 PM
Bummed I can't make it out for this. :(

There is always next year

Wagonbacker9
05-18-2012, 04:57 PM
edit: nvm, found it.

Dr.Buick
05-18-2012, 08:28 PM
Bummed I can't make it out for this. :(

There is always next year

I thought you got in?????

WhatsADSM
05-18-2012, 09:51 PM
I thought you got in?????

Was going to sign up but realized I had prior arrangements for that Sunday :(

OptimaJim
05-23-2012, 03:43 PM
Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know contracts on our end have now been finalized and I am allowed to post that the Faceoff events in both Texas and Wisconsin will be filmed for broadcast on TV, as we've done with our past OUSCI events.

Jim McIlvaine

Dr.Buick
05-23-2012, 05:59 PM
Cant wat to see you again jim. last time we had dinner after you shot julies car!

OptimaJim
05-25-2012, 01:11 PM
You'll have to either catch me on Power Tour or on Friday, because due to prior commitments, I'm flying to Seattle on Saturday morning and won't be able to make the event. We did announce this morning that this event will be televised on SPEED, so it should be a pretty cool deal if you can make it!

Jim McIlvaine