PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee area health clubs

Car Guy
04-20-2012, 09:35 AM
I am looking to join a health club in the Milwaukee area, again. My only requirements are a nice hot tub and pool. A sauna and steam room would be a huge bonus. I will probably use the machines, weights, etc but those are secondary to me and anything will be fine. Locations I know of with a pool and hot tub are: Bally's, Princeton Club, and the WAC. Looking for other options if there are any. Thanks!

BR3W CITY
04-20-2012, 10:23 AM
LA Fitness has a pool and steam room, but they manage to have it broken 90% of the time so I'd avoid that.
LeClub has some of that as well. North Shore Raquette club or whatever its called now (the one behind concours motors, and the one next to marcus n. shore) has tons of amenities but takes mad $$$$

animal
04-20-2012, 11:11 AM
I think every Y I've been to has a sauna/hot tub/pool. Not so sure about steam rooms. I am pretty happy with the Y the last two years, but obviously not as cheap as one of the 24 hour weight rooms.

JC70SS
04-20-2012, 12:41 PM
where do you live? Come check out Elite fitness where I work on Burleigh and Lilly rd Brookfield. I could maybe get you a few passes to try it out.

The Shaolin
04-20-2012, 01:08 PM
Check out Midtowne Spa.

brotherbenn83
04-20-2012, 01:40 PM
I go to princeton club, it was the best deal for what my wife and I needed (free childcare)

buttersgt350
04-22-2012, 07:06 AM
Golds Gym in Waukesha has those things, and there pretty nice

easytoremember
04-22-2012, 04:34 PM
My wife and I also left Lifetime fitness in Franklin (no pool) for Princeton. They negotiated really heavily when we signed too. bought us out of our old contract at Lifetime too.

The pool and hot tub is great. Machines are about everything you could ask for. Basketball courts get crowded around the 5 to 7pm hour during the week though... but I'd vote for Princeton club. It's also 24hours so if you want to go at 3am go for it.

Prince Valiant
04-22-2012, 04:57 PM
hard to beat the "Y"...there are nicer places (princeton/motion/etc), and cheaper (gold's) but the "Y" I think gives better access with more locations, your membership is good around the city, state, country and is overall the best value imo. And the second you want out of the membership, there is no hassle...you're free and clear.

Korndogg
04-22-2012, 05:03 PM
We recently joined the WAC and love it. If you have any specific questions, PM me. I think I have some 1 week passes left too if you are serious about joining.

PureSound15
04-22-2012, 05:47 PM
Lots of douche bags at Gold's. I've seem more syringes in Gold's locker room than any other gym I've ever belonged to.

I'll go back to Princeton later this year.

Car Guy
04-27-2012, 03:31 PM
Thank you everybody for the suggestions and input. I did a LOT of research and was down to the Y and WAC. Both have multiple convenient locations in the Milwaukee area. Pricing between the two is very similar at ~$65 per month for a single male adult with locker room amenities. There is a registration fee for both but you get the first month free. Both are month to month and require a 30 day notice when cancelling the membership. In the end I decided on the WAC and will sign up this weekend. The WAC's 24-hour location in West Allis was the 'deal sealer' and is something I will take full advantage of.

Korndogg
04-27-2012, 04:07 PM
Wow there was a join fee at the WAC? I'm sorry I told you there wasn't, We must of had that waived for some reason when we joined.

Car Guy
04-27-2012, 04:20 PM
Yes but the first month is free, same difference. I will be sure to write down your name as a referral. I do not know if you get anything but worth a shot.

Korndogg
04-27-2012, 04:25 PM
Oh, yeah we didn't pay anything at all until the next month, I dunno, whatever lol. I think I get a gift certificate or something to use there. I believe you also get the two free training sessions. If you do, do it because you get gift certificates to use there for stuff.

Car Guy
04-27-2012, 04:40 PM
Good to know. I plan on using the two sessions but don't really need any 'physical' help. If possible I want to use that time talking about nutrition, supplements, etc.

Korndogg
04-27-2012, 04:50 PM
Yeah they have different things you can do.