PDA

View Full Version : My over-adjustable unnecessary sweet ass gaming mouse.

BR3W CITY
04-14-2012, 11:18 AM
Super nice to use with my wacom tablet setup for graphics as well.

Its called a RAT7, and is the most overly-adjustable piece of hardware I've ever seen for a pc.
Adjustable palm length and heigh, pinkey support and angle, thumb and button angle, pre-set dpi controls as well as software controlled resolution macros, a "sniper" button to temporarily lower dpi, variable weights etc. Its a bit nuts, but I played with one and decided it was worth picking up.

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n161/twowheeljay/IMAG0068.jpg
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n161/twowheeljay/IMAG0069.jpg

And it looks like I'll be getting a diamondback gaming control (aka 1 handed macro keyboard) for free. Yes this shit is nerdy, but fun as hell if you play alot of FPS, and is REALLY nice for my graphics macros.

Reverend Cooper
04-14-2012, 12:25 PM
cough nerd cough

Irish
04-14-2012, 12:30 PM
If a mouse was turned into a transformer, I think it would look like that. Crazy!

Bumpski

michelle
04-14-2012, 04:31 PM
Yeah, but does it make you a sandwich?

Korndogg
04-15-2012, 12:19 PM
I thought about getting one of these when my current one takes a shit.

and Michelle, that's your job.

badass88gt
04-15-2012, 01:21 PM
Yeah, but does it make you a sandwich?

Of course not, its a computer mouse, not a wife. :)

GTSLOW
04-15-2012, 02:41 PM
That makes my Razer Death adder look like a kids mouse.

DurtyKurty
04-17-2012, 09:52 AM
Looks heavy.

spooln30
04-18-2012, 12:00 AM
Fucking cool a WaffleBot!

animal
04-18-2012, 12:23 PM
lol. only gamers would come up with shit like that... my $3 ps2 MS ball mouse seems to do just fine for fps games :goof

Crawlin
04-18-2012, 01:29 PM
Fucking cool a WaffleBot!

LMAO! i loved that movie

GHOSST
04-18-2012, 03:32 PM
That's pretty sweet dude. What games require a beast like that?

BR3W CITY
04-19-2012, 11:40 AM
I really didn't think this would even get a reply lol.
I have a Razor Diamondback as well, I keep that around because its SUPER lightweight. This thing is a bit heavy, but it has like 15g of removable weight stacks, like a tractor pull. What you do is turn dpi up, and keep it heavy so your actions are steady yet still cover the screen real estate.
Yes, I'm a nerd at heart.

animal - ps/2 serial mouse? lol I probably have 6 more in a box in the basement should you wear that one out. With mutliplayer FPS games the input lag on those can be bad....although for most single player games they probably work fine.

Besides, a mouse is like a tool....and I know everyone here likes buying tools.
(the pc I'm working to build will be pretty sick too, so I had to have the cool accessories....I have a left handed gaming controller as well.)
This is what happens when you end up stuck in bed/chair from medical issues, if I can't work on the car...damnit I'm gonna build something.

Al
04-25-2012, 02:11 AM
Seeing a mouse like that makes me contemplate their applications in 3D cad. When you have your hand on a mouse for 8+ hours a day, every little bit of adjustability and strategic button location works to your advantage.

(I think hands-free will probably be the next big thing, as seen in Minority Report)

Besides, a mouse is like a tool....and I know everyone here likes buying tools.

Just as one can spend $200 on a hammer, one can go to town on a mouse.

Frankly, I am surprised that there not more high-end mice and other accessories on the market. What I can visualize in a few seconds may take me hours to model via conventional accessories.

BR3W CITY
04-25-2012, 10:02 AM
They do exist, but they are a boutique market. The graphics and drafting tablet have come a loooong way in terms of accuracy and control.
I never did cad, but even in regular graphic design, my hand would hurt after 3-4 hours using a cheap optical mouse. constant click and hold, etc.