PDA

View Full Version : How much would you pay for this boat if you were looking to buy one????

73MACH
04-06-2012, 11:10 AM
i need some opinions here please. I have the opportunity to go in on a newer fishing boat and since my boys are getting bigger I'm really interested in doing it but I have to sell my boat first. Now, I've had an eye out for a year or two on boat prices and they are all over the place. I've seen 12 and 14' x 4' wide tiny row boats for like a pond with no trailer, no motor, no nothing selling for $900! Then I've seen 20 year old 16' alum. fishing boats with 9hp motors going for like $2000.
Mine is a 15.5' crestliner with a 48 hp motor(35mph in a fricken row boat ftw!!), trolling motor, locator, rod holders, gas tank, trailer, lights, etc. I built the floor and aluminum battery box, installed wiring and fuses and light switches a couple years ago but it still looks pretty good yet. Boat and trailer could use a paint job, but that doesn't interest me. The only mechanical problem is the motor. It needs a new ignition box. 90% of the time there is absolutely no problems, but sometimes when I go to move locations and give it throttle, it will bog down and if you keep the throttle on it will die. However, when I feel it bogging down, I shut the throttle down and it will idle fine, then get up to speed fine after that.

Just wondering what you guys think it's worth. I know the pics are crap, but it is what it is.

Thanks for your time.

Jason

BoosTT
04-06-2012, 11:20 AM
$1500 with trailer.

-stew-
04-06-2012, 12:16 PM
$1000 if you tell them about the running problem, $1500 if you fix the running problem or don't tell the buyer.

73MACH
04-07-2012, 12:10 PM
Thanks guys, that's about what I was thinking. I'd be happy if I got $1200 the way it sits but am willing to work on the price. Anybody interested???

Reverend Cooper
04-07-2012, 12:38 PM
if you have a primeing ball replace it and the fuel line,i have had issues with mine doing that and the line was collasping inside at times

73MACH
04-07-2012, 04:45 PM
if you have a primeing ball replace it and the fuel line,i have had issues with mine doing that and the line was collasping inside at times

Unfortunately, I have replaced everything fuel related because all the symptoms pointed to being starved for gas when that happened, from lines for carb and motor, pump, cleaned carbs. a couple of times, tank.......BUT....................when I tried a different tank, it did not have a hose or priming ball so I transfered my original to that tank!!!

I will pick up a new ball and hose asap and try it out.

Thanks Coop for bringing that up!!!