PDA

View Full Version : Recommend Home Inspector

WickedSix
04-03-2012, 08:38 AM
Need to get a home inspection, would like a recommendation. Also would like people to avoid for the home inspection. Tell me about your experiences good and bad. Obviously cost is a consideration but I'd rather pay a little more and have a thorough inspections than get a cut rate and have the inspector miss something. House is in the Slinger area.

Thanks
Pat

Troutman
04-17-2012, 11:12 AM
i can get you the name of the guy I used later tonight. He did an awseome job with the place I bought. He discovered that a basement wall was out of plumb...something I dont think home inspectors typically check. He then recommended a foundation inspector to come through and have a look (which i highly recommend) Not only did he discover that the wall was out of plumb and advise that it be braced with beams, but also discovered that the drain tile was not working properly and that the sump was under-sized. Written into the contract that it all needed to be fixed prior to sale...roughly 8K it saved me. Great knowing the drain tile is brand new, bad is that it works sooo well that the pump goes off VERY often

WickedSix
04-17-2012, 11:46 AM
Yeah we used a guy out of the Falls, was personable, found some things nothing too major, but discovered the homeowner wasn't willing to put a penny into the house to sell it.....deal broke-up shortly after...back in the market for a home out the inspection cost but better that than out even more for appraisal, etc.